This topic contains 27 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar QHaynes123 14 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    don042488
    Participant

If Jeff Teague or Jrue Holiday, gets selected by the Phoneix Suns, in the 2009 NBA Draft, that would be a great situation for either of them…Teague has the potential to be a special point guard, and with him playing under Steve Nash, the former 2 time MVP, can teach him how to become a true playmaker…The same goes for Jrue Holiday, Nash can teach him the nuances of the position.

cpoint.jazz8
    Participant

that is if they don’t sell their picks LOL

and i think if you put it that way it would be best situation for any point guards this yr

The8thDeadlySin
    Participant

I think the best situation for Teague would be to return to Wake and be the number 2 guard in the draft. As for Holiday, I don’t really know. Probably should return to college but I didn’t see him play much.

grkgreg
      Participant

rumor has it the suns r going to draft flynn.

bdoody42
    Participant

Both of them should return to school and become true PG’s . Teague needs work on his assist/turnover ratio,a nd read the floor better as a passer. Holiday needs to return as well and become the actual PG for UCLA. With Collsion gone he gain more exposure, and increase his draft stock for next season.

anthony8
    Participant

the kids a sure lotto pick if he stays in school he still has to improve alot

bdoody42
    Participant

It is Collison sorry.

Johnny_Hazeltine
    Participant

Neither are going to end up being “true” PGs, so the question is, have they tapped out their maximum capacity as a combo-guard on the collegiate level. Teague probably has, therefore, he should go while he is a 1st round lock. He’s a poor man’s Ben Gordon.

Holiday, however, has not, and should look at himself as a Westbrook type player in that UCLA system. Holiday’s athleticism will not be what Westbrook’s is but he can work on his pull up jump shots and range, which will improve his stock for next year, and will increase his chances of getting big minutes early in his NBA playing career.

NYKnicksuperFan
    Participant

should go to a team who has no immediate need at point like the Mavs and Suns since they both are inexperienced learning under guys like Nash and Kidd would be great for them

bdoody42
    Participant

Kidd is a free agent and if he wants top dollar I think the Mavs will let him walk. Then they would need a Pg that is ready come in and play some minutes.

dolla130
    Participant

my opinion is The Best Situation For Jeff Teague & Jrue Holiday would be to return to school, this is more for Jrue he didnt really prove anything his first season in college speculating that he was way overrated comming out of highschool so i think he should come back and dominate the pac-10 next season and prove most sports writers wrong

llperez

I was surprised to see Holiday come out this year. I watched every UCLA game, and there is no denying the kid has the complete package. But right now it is all potential. He never really took over and he was a very incosistent jump shooter. I still think he will go somewhere between 12-18. But with Collison and Shipp both graduating, it would have been Holiday’s team to takeover.

The one thing that I think people are mistaken about though is that by returning he would have had the chance to become a true point. The Bruins would have kept playing him as the sg alongside Jerime Andersen and Malcom Lee, thus he would probably have not improved as a natural pg.

playa23
    Participant

I”m saying wered I think Holiday should stay at UCLA because this year we haven’t really seen his A game. If he stays he will be the starting PG for the Bruins and that way he would be the floor general he would be able to better his skills and we would see if he really is NBA material.

Al-Farouq Aminu
    Participant

Hey Jeff !!!
    If you are reading this forum right now than don’t get distracted by what “don042488” is saying; cuz he doesn’t know what he is talking about.

The majority’s advise is for you to comeback to work on limiting your turnovers, getting more assits, and stay more consistent as the season goes on. I am sure that the top 20 pick right now isn’t what you are looking for, so stay grouded and show who you really are next season.

Have a great summer!!!

blancs50
    Participant

The best situation for Holiday is the University of California / Los Angelos

QHaynes123

I agree….Why is Holiday coming out…I think hes the Next DeAndre Jordan…falling to round 2

pistonsman
      Participant

he is not coming out is he??

AaronH
      Participant

I don’t think he is going to be the next DeAndre Jordan Bu I think he came out a too early
      He really didn’t show no scout what he can do if Stay another year he would be a better player. Even though he should stay, he also mocked to be Between 10 and 15 so I guest that the scouts see something I don’t see.

The8thDeadlySin
    Participant

Teague has the potential to become a true point guard. He could be like Chauncy if he develops some PG skills.

Johnny_Hazeltine
      Participant

If he has the potential to become a true point guard, wouldn’t he already show some PG skills?

don042488
    Participant

What the hell are u talking about? I never said the best thing for Jeff Teague and Jrue Holiday, is to stay in the draft….What I meant, when I said that either Teague or Holiday getting drafted by the Suns, would be a good situation, is all depending if they were to stay in the draft…Let’s face it, a lot of kids don’t stick around school long anymore…It’s not like I said Teague and Holiday needs to stay in the draft or not return to school, I neva said that…I don’t think either of them is ready for the NBA, neither is a lot of the other draft prospects in the 2009 NBA Draft, but their still in the draft right?

R-Dot-13
    Participant

i think that portland would be a good place for both of them as well, but the suns would be good too .

don042488
    Participant

No, Al-Farouq Aminu is not in the draft, I’m was referring my statement to the idiot that dropped a post, saying I don’t know what I’m talking about, 4 posts above me

pistonsman
    Participant

I already see it Jrue is going to be the next Sebestian Telfair if he comes out his sophmore year so stay in school!!!!!

The8thDeadlySin
    Participant

I ment further develop his point guard skills.

rvirsal
    Participant

i think the sixers would also be a good option for both of them. even if miller is re-signed, i think andre could be a good mentor to any of those guys. they won’t have minutes in portland. dragic is slated to replace nash someday. they’d proly start in sacramento if they get drafted by them.

a2
    Participant

The best for both would be to just go back to college and work on there game some more. Neither are ready to come out now but the best situation would be to play behind a great point guard who could teach them so when the time is ready they could be prepared. i really like Teague and i cant wait for him to play in the league but he really needs to go back.

QHaynes123

The best for both is

Teague- Minnesota. He could use his ability to get to the hole and could learn how to be a PG by trusting him big men in Love and Jefferson.

Holiday- Milwaukee. He needs time. He never had a “wow” game in college. I think the Bucks would be a ideal spot because you can use him as a PG or SG.

READ MY MOCK DRAFT 2.5

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login