This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Hitster 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author
    Zouldiers
    Participant

The 2023 Hall Of Fame class is possibly set with guys like Dirk Nowitzki, Tony Parker and Dwyane Wade being eligible and will sure be inducted in the Hall Of Fame. The 2022 Class doesn’t boast the same star power. Outside of Manu Ginobili and possibly Chauncey Billups, this class have a ton of finge Hall of Famers like Marques Johnson, Tim Hardaway, Shawn Marion and Joe Johnson in the mix. So, who do you think could be inducted next year?

2+
    RUDEBOY-RUDEBOY-
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

congrats to wade,dirk & parker i think they’re locked for hof..
    wade & dirk r legends of the game and will be amongst the players named when the nba announce their 75 greatest players next spring..

im kinda surprised that according to basketball references manu has a 20% chance of making the hall of fame..i dont think they’re including his international accomplishments which would help his case…by their rankings joe johnson has a higher ranking at 50%….

the list of first time of eligible players listed as having 0% chance of making the hall is interesting like al jefferson,david west, richard jefferson,josh smith, jason terry…and david west has a 0.1% chance of making hof….

the voters finally got it right in 2019 electing sidney moncrief into the hall almost 20 years after he retired…its time marques johnson got his respect..mj helped brought in a new era of basketball being 1 of the first point forwards…

1+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Shawn Marion needs to be in there right away. That guy was MR Consistent. Always gave you a double double. Never took a bad shot. Around 2 blocks and 2 steals per game. I’ll be upset if he isn’t in, especially with Matrix 4 coming out this year.

1+
    Hitster
    Participant

If Parker goes in then wouldn’t Manu be as likely as their careers virtually ran parallel?
    Joe Johnson has the 20,000 career points which is often a good HOF starting point for guys who never helped win titles and with his 7 All Star games he has to be a live contender. Billups was a key player in Detroit’s dominant spell and was a Finals MVP so that along with his career stats I think makes him a strong candidate.

Talking of Detroit and 20,000 career points how about Rasheed Wallace and Antwan Jamison as fringe contenders?

1+
    Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

Amare Stoudemire would seem to have a pretty strong case with 6 all-star and 5 all-nba first or second team selections along with a Rookie of the Year.

3+
    Hitster
    Participant

STAT had a slightly shorter career but he had more All NBA and All Star recognition than Marion.
    Jermaine O’Neal was also a 6 time All Star and had 3 All NBA 2nd and 3rd team nods but his peak was only over about 6 seasons and there was the Detroit-Pacers brawl which might count against him. But for those few years he was mixing it with STAT, KG, Tim Duncan, Dirk at their peaks.

2+
      Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
      Participant

I have a hard time seeing the argument for JO. Good player, probably top 15-20 in the league for a few year stretch, but he just didn’t stay at that level long enough to warrant HOF consideration. The 6 All-star appearances are somewhat deceiving as they came in the East when virtually all of the top tier pfs (Duncan, kg, dirk, Webber, stat). By comparison, someone like Elton brand has 2 all-star appearances with numbers that were on par or better than JO. I don’t think he was ever really considered one of the best in the game or close to being on par with the best pfs of his era. And again, his prime was just too short and the rest of his career too underwhelming IMO.

2+
    Hitster
    Participant

Interesting thinking about Brand as after his career best season in 2005/06 and another solid year the next he had a couple of injury plagued years but by then he was 30 and sadly never the same player again.

But he has made a successful switch into the Front Office at Philly and has always been a high character individual who seems to be hugely liked and respected.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login