This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar dmo21 6 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    dmo21
    Participant

Most teams that aren’t in the playoff picture, are tanking or trying to rebuild should usually try to unload their veterans to teams looking to make a playoff push. With the deadline about a month away, I just wanted to look at teams that do/can fit that criteria to see which players could be available. Then we can discuss on where they might go and potential deals.

Atlanta: Bazemore, Plumlee, Belinelli, Ilyasova

Brooklyn: Carroll, Zeller

Charlotte: Howard, Batum, Williams, Walker

Chicago: Lopez, Mirotic

Orlando: Fournier, Biyombo, Vucevic, Ross, Hezonja

Dallas: Matthews, Harris, Noel, Barea

Clippers: Griffin, Jordan, Williams

Lakers: Lopez, Deng, Clarkson, Brewer, Randle, Nance

Memphis: Conley, Parsons, Gasol, Wright, Evans, Chalmers

Phoenix: Monroe, Chandler, Dudley

Sacramento: Hill, Randolph, Koufos, Temple, Carter

Utah: Favors, Burks, Johnson

OhCanada-
    Participant

Im surprised nobody is talking about George possibly going to LA. In all my years of hearing some star is headed to LA none has seemed as possible as PG. He’s openly stated he would love to play there.

SeattleSuperChronics
      Participant

The only thing that would stop him becoming a laker this summer is if OKC wins a championship. Which is not going to happen

The Goat
        Participant

If he wants to go to LA that badly, someone  should find him a  way to go to the Clips… he’d be better with Blake, DJ and Lou.. 

Ahkasi Clay
      Participant

If the Lakers do sign George. Does that end Ingrams growth. (Atleast in L.A.)  Many lakets fans at 1 point thought Ingram could have been better than PG. 

dmo21
    Participant

The main guys I’m interested in are Ilyasova and Robin Lopez as they are more second tier guys who might get picked up after Miroctic, Jordan and Gasol or either dealt or kept by their original teams. They offer the same qualities, just not at the same rate. But they could be had for cheaper. Haven’t heard anything about Lopez being on the table, but I think I heard that the Hawks are looking for an early 2nd round pick for Ilyasova (and Bellinelli).  

Hazel
    Participant

I think Cleveland should go after Favors and Burks from Utah.  Favors is 26 and a top 15 center.  Burks is an athletic slasher who can defend 1 and 2.  Cleveland’s defense is absolutely horrendous.  They need to start with a five who can defend then use Love strategically at center or they won’t be able to beat a good team in the playoffs.  Favors fits the mold there better than Jordan due to his versatility on both ends, his salary, his ft%(72%) and his youth.  Burks is someone who can make a play unlike most of their wings in Cleveland.  He could get going and win a playoff game somewhere along the line.  

Utah cannot fit those two in their rotation.  They need a player with potential to join Mitchell (tied in my mind for best rookie with Tatum) and Gobert.  

Favors would thrive with Lebron’s passing and the gravity of IT, Korver, Love.  Burks needs to be 7th man for his maximize his usefullness.  

I know that Cleveland is worried about LeBron leaving, but right now it is about 90% he is gone with the current roster.  Two guys just entering their prime plus getting out from under 25 million of bad contracts sounds like a fair haul for the (currently) ninth pick. 

If LeBron leaves anyway, those guys could very easily be starters on a Cleveland Playoff team even without Lebron if IT stays. 

dmo21
    Participant

Sounds like Orlando is setting up for a fire sale. It’s been publicly noted that Fournier, Hezonja and Payton are on the block. Fournier is the best of the bunch. He’s also somewhat young and under a fair contract. I can see a lot of teams going after him. Playoff caliber teams that could use him and have the assets to trade for him include: Cleveland, Detroit, Indiana, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Washington, Denver, Clippers, New Orleans, OKC, Portland and San Antonio. Damn, didn’t think that list was gonna be that long. I’d like to see him on the Pelicans so they can have a real wing for once.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login