This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar stabmaster arson 4 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

C- Powell/ Birch
    Pf- Olynik/ Boucher/ Wiltijer
    Sf- Wiggins/ Barrett
    Sg- SGA, Brooks,
    Pg- Murray, Joseph, Pangos

For the average fan who doesnt know the 2 non NBA players;

Wiltijer is essentially ryan anderson with a post game. Was the leading scorer last summer versus USA

Pangos is a taller (6’2″ LEGIT) Barea; shooting is so important in FIBA; Pangos and Wiltijer are needed.

Nickeil Alexander Walker is cut in favor of Wiggins; his shooting numbers right now are just too bad

OhCanada-
    Participant

Pretty sure Melvin Ejim will get a loyalty role on the team. Not sure who you take out though because Wiltjer and Pangos should be in the same role.

canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

My heart agrees with you for Ejim- I just dont see how he can beat any of those out. I am all-ready thinking NAW will be pissed, and this may burn a bridge with his cousin SGA, so maybe Pangos is out for NAW. Definitely going to be politics…. reportedly thjis is why stuaskas and wiggins havent played.. angry with minutes from 2015.

canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

With Trey Lyles very surprisingly committing, Wiltijer may not even make it. If it was me, you have to give everyone a chance as the only automatics to make it are:

Barrett
    Brooks
    Olynik
    Wiggins (if he plays)
    Murrray
    Shai
    Powell
    Birch
    Joseph

That’s 4 spots up for grabs. Just because you play in the NBA shouldn’t give you a spot. If ti is close between Wiljier and Birch, or Lyles ( you hcoose 2), then Loyalty gives Wiltijer a nod. If it is clear that he is the odd man out, that will be a very hard cut. HAS to be very clear tho.

stabmaster arson
    Participant

Where’s Tristan Thompson and Brandon Clarke? I take them before Wiltjer, Lyles or Boucher. Regardless, I don’t think Wiltjer has a spot on this team if Powell and Olynik are there. Too much duplication and the most glaring weakness is rebounding and interior defence.

I would like to see Pangos make it for sure.

It’s all probably not going to matter. Pretty much all of these guys also committed to the World Cup and then dropped out. In the end I’m sure they’ll take what they can get from the NBA and then fill out the roster with the same old crew of international guys.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Thompson will be entering free agency this summer so he wont be playing.

1+
    stabmaster arson
    Participant

Good Point.

stabmaster arson
    Participant

As a side note, if they give a loyalty nod to some CIS trained athlete I’m going to be so pissed off. I feel like there has been a long standing directive from Canada Basketball to include one or more Canadian trained athletes that has been detrimental to the program.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login