This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar OhCanada- 4 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Before the game Rudy Gobert and Emanuel Mudiay were left out of the lineup with “flu like” symptoms. A few days ago when the coronavirus was brought up he jokingly touched all the mics in the media room.

The game just officially got delayed and a reason hasnt been provided. Starting lineups were announced and then the officials got together with the coaches and everyone left the floor. Game postponed, no explanation, fans going crazy.

I hope everyone is okay and nobody is sick and this is just precautionary measures. I think the NBA is about to get shutdown and they are talking about having no fans at the games.

1+
    Cynthia
    Participant

Yeah they said “unforeseen circumstances”. The refs are who called it off, so it has to be a player or court issue.

armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

Rudy Gobert has Corona Virus after tonights games the NBA season is suspended indefinitely. I know NBA has said if a player got Corona Virus that any other player they had played against for the 14 days prior would get shutdown for two weeks, so the NBA is at least done for the next two weeks minimum.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Gobert and Mudiay tested positive. Players are currently quarantined in the arena. Last team to play Utah was the Toronto Raptors. As of right now there are only 41 known cases of COVID-19 in Ontario but if the Toronto team and staff are infected…Well I’m gonna go stock up on canned goods.

Cynthia
    Participant

Holy crap, I’ve been one of those people for a month now saying it isn’t that big of a deal, and every single day it just gets worse. NBA is gone now, this is getting scary.

Whole Jazz team is prob infected, any teams they’ve played in last week or so is possibly infected, and the teams those players played are also possibly infected. This may have just spread rapidly in the NBA and we don’t even know yet.

sniper
    Participant

Oh for fuck’s sake. You don’t need to hoard canned goods, and everyone on the Jazz is *not* probably infected.

Can we put this in some perspective. The mortality rate on *confirmed* cases is 3-4%. It’s probably much less than that for everyone who’s contracted the virus.

My best friend’s mom was just diagnosed with cancer. You know what the mortality rate for lung cancer is?

I’m not saying to stop washing your hands and coughing into your elbow, but compared to cancer, COVID-19 is a hangnail. Everybody get a grip.

2+
      XYRYX
      Participant

Well while I support any kind of the no panic mode, the main reason trying to slow down the infection rates has nothing to do with the mortality rate. Imagine thousands and later millions of people especially elderly people needing instant and excessive medical support the health system is going to collapse about this immediately. My latest information is that up to 60 percent about the people living in infected areas will sooner or later have to deal with this virus. If the infection rate is climbing rapidly, the health system will collapse when there is a massive demand of health services. And if schools and kindergarden need to be closer to slow the infections down, people will need to stay home and take care of the kids. The economy will suffer next.
      While this whole virus could be way worse considering the effects on vital grown ups, the effects on old people with diseases to their body are high and slowing down the process of new infections should be the first priority now to avoid chaos. If this means that NBA season is over, this is terrible but the right move.

2+
    Cynthia
    Participant

A hangnail that is causing businesses & schools to be shut down. It’s just beginning as well, it will only get worse. Sure the mortality rate isn’t obscenely high but the effect this will have on the economy is devastating.

I realize you’re probably a kid and unable to wrap your head around the bigger picture. It may not be a serious threat to you personally, but your parents, grandparents? Their jobs? This is expected to last 4-8 months, a lot of peoples lives will be affected whether directly from illness or not.

2+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

I hope everyone understands how serious this is by itself. Not trying to get into an internet debate but the mortality rate is extremely high for the rate this virus spreads. Imagine if 4% of people died from the common cold. Thats what this is.

2+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login