This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by bt102bt102 bt102 3 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    bt102bt102
    bt102
    Participant

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/draft_simulator/view/772995/

So me and some of my friends did a “community” mock draft and this is just to see what you think. I will also mention that Theo Maledon was half forgotten about which is why he fell a bit. He would have gone at 26 otherwise.

1+
    bt102bt102
    bt102
    Participant

There are some obvious things to point out. Okongwu really fell and Williams..probably a bit high. Cole Anthony fell which is weirdly sounding more likely. It’s definitely not my mock but the draft is unpredictable. Really puts your perspective to how certain gms think

1+
    Zouldiers
    Participant

I could definitely see Okongwu falling. The teams in the top 10 don’t really need a Center and Big O projects more as a solid big than a star

1+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

That looks like fun. Hey you wanna do another one of these? We could set one up for Sunday and just have a few of us on here participate going back and forth until its done.

OhCanada-
    Participant

I really like this mock. It looks realistic. Theres gonna be some unexpected risers and fallers on draft day. I dont think Okongwu fell. I think thats his range. Late lottery is actually high for this guy. He’s a very good prospect but dont forget he was not even on the radar this year, he was a late 1st round pick before the pandemic and stoppage of play and he built his stock on effeciency. Right now he does not have perimeter skills, or a proven jumpshot. He doesn’t really have the size to be a pounding Center or defend the Embiids, Cousins of the league.

I mean I really like him as a prospect, I think he’s the 2nd or 3rd best Center in the draft and he should develop well in the right program but I just feel like the projected late 1st round and early 2nd round Centers talent is not that far off of Okungwu’s while the top guards Hayes and Haliburton seem to be clearly ahead of the rest of he PG’s in the class.

Drafting Cs the last 5 years has been hit or miss. Look back on the past 5 years. Other than top 3 picks teams have had just as much success drafting Centers in the 2nd round as they have drafting in the 1st round. Even if Okungwu projects as Adebayo I feel like if I can get Nikola Jokic or Thomas Bryant in the 2nd round I’d personally rather try to use my lottery pick to get Paul George or Dame Lilliard (if that makes sense) and go fishing for a Center in the late 1st early 2nd range.

bt102bt102
      bt102
      Participant

I actually disagree with you there. Okongwu’s stock was in the top 10 back in Novemeber. Even on this site. I think he’s the best center in this class, I wouldn’t take him over Wiseman if I was Charlotte, but he is very Bam like on defense. He’s an elite defender. I don’t think he will be the playmaker Bam is but I think worse case scenario he’s Tristan Thompson. The centers in this class aren’t good. After Okongwu and Wiseman I don’t even know who I would have at 3. Maybe Stewart or Nnaji or Precious? Either way, the biggest loser in the lottery was Okongwu.

bt102bt102
        bt102
        Participant

I do agree that it would be better to get a wing player or guard in those rounds as well btw.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login