This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar sniper 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

When the mavs acquired porzingis from the Knicks it was thought they had found their 1-2 punch for the future? However, it hasn’t really panned out that way. Porzingis is a guy that does some valuable things on the floor but always seems to leave you wanting more at the end of the day. In the first round series against the clippers, doncic was basically forced to completely carry the offense, while porzingis was essentially just a role player. Not exactly what you would expect from a guy you are paying over 30 million a year.
    The question now is where you go from here if your Dallas. Porzingis still has 4 years left on his deal. Even though he can’t seem to stay healthy, and has fallen short of expectations, he is still a very young talented guy with a very unique skill set who could have decent trade value. Should the mavs test the market to see what they could get for him or should they try to double down and hope for better results.

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Hard to say, but I doubt they can get what Porzingis is truly worth. So far Porzingis is a good playoff player who can’t get out of the 1st round with Doncic. I say he’s only good in the playoffs, because he hasn’t really had a regular season in a while. All that being said, he is probably the best player they can pair up with Luka for now, and the fact that Luka and Porzingis are friends might not be in the best interest for Luka and the Mavericks to move on from Porzingis. Unless some crazy offer falls right in Dallas’ lap, I wouldn’t trade him. It’s possible that this tandem could be the best in the NBA within 3 years or less if they stay put.

BKGingerSnap
    Participant

Yes they should look to trade him. Porzingis is getting worse not better. He’s basically a glorified Channing Frye who is worse on defense. Porzingis is injury prone and guys who are 7’3″ and taller do not age well. Zinger is only 25 so they’re will be interest in him and I would try to flip him as soon as possible because I think he has plateaued as a player.

bt102bt102
    bt102
    Participant

This is such a tough question. They probably will look to trade him but whos trading for him? Its all well and good to say it but he’s making the move. I think he can resurrect his career a bit if he gets moved but it’s hard to harp on a guy who tore his ACL especially when big men tend to have more issues with those types of injuries. An idea I had would be to try and make a Bradley Beal deal but in order for it too work, the Mavericks would have to give up too much tbh. All in all, I think they should hold on to Kristaps but minimize his role more and use him as an occasional stretch 5 and a lower usage player until he’s able to handle the load again.

1+
    sniper
    Participant

If I were Dallas I would definitely ask around, and I’d consider taking back considerably less talent in exchange, because as pointed out above, the track record of players KP’s size is that he doesn’t have much time left as a full-time contributor.

Scrooge McDuck
    Participant

I agree with Norrin Radd. There’s still time to have patience with him. He needs a good strength coach and work on his shot selection.

If you’re gonna suggest he needs traded, suggest a scenario where that’s even possible. Dallas are we pretty close to legit NBA finals contenders

sniper
    Participant

if I were the Spurs I would think about signing and trading DeMar to Dallas for KP. DeMar would have to want to go to Dallas. But I think it would improve both teams.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login