This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Hitster 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

You just made the finals and lost primarily because of your inability to generate effective offense in the half court. You have one of the best pure isolation scorers in history seemingly available, and you have the assets in place to put together a very aggressive offer. If you are Boston you have to at least spin the wheels don’t you?

I know that the asking price will be extremely high and if it doesn’t end up working out it could significantly drain your ability to compete in the future. But let’s be honest. If the Celtics had Durant on the roster in place of brown you are likely talking about them as champs right now. You can keep the same core together and bet on internal growth to get you over the top, but the road isn’t likely going to get easier and there’s no guarantee you get back to the finals. If you can get Durant, while keeping most of your core intact, do you pull the trigger?

1+
    canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

because he is turning 34 I wouldn’t. If you are happy with 4 years competing compared to 15, then go for it.

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Yeah, I wouldn’t give up much for Durant or Kyrie. The truth is they can lead you to a championship – that is if they show up and feel like it. I mean you know in their tight schedule to win it might not be in their first interest to do so. And being on the wrong side of 30 isn’t good.

BKGingerSnap
    Participant

The answer is no. The Celtics should not trade for Durant. It took years to rebuild their chemistry and forge a defensive identity. The Nets would never trade Durant to the Celtics if it allows the Celtics to still be championship competitive. It’s why Durant won’t get traded to Toronto either. I love this team. I love Jaylen, Jayson, and Marcus. They easily could have won last year and with Gallo and Brogdon on the bench now I think are the favorites next year. Run it back and watch the Nets implode instead.

1+
    DJSCBBB
    Participant

They did pretty good with the roster they had this year and frankly adding an aging KD isn’t really a good fit with a young up and comer like Jayson Tatum who is really starting to thrive and showing that he can be “the guy”

1+
    Hitster
    Participant

No need to make a move like this for the Celtics unless it was a for a very limited package. Brad Stevens would just need to think would “Danny Ainge make this move?”

1+
    Auerbach
    Participant

Sure! I’d trade for him…as long as Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, Marcus Smart, Rob Williams, and Al Horford are off limits in the negotiations. Haha. And this goes double for Brown and Tatum. Can we please stop throwing Jaylen’s name into trade rumors?!?! He should be untouchable.

2+
    Hitster
    Participant

Jaylen is very good, I wouldn’t quite say he is untouchable but certainly no need to break up the band of him, Smart and Tatum . The team is set for next season and pretty well the one after bar for Al Horford. The issue with Jsylen might be he’ll be due an extenson in 2024 so would the Celtics have the flexability to give him a max offer or wish to commit so heavily to him as Tatum is going to be the main man.

But no need to worry about things this season coming.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login