This topic contains 10 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar OhCanada- 3 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    DolanCare
    Participant

Who are your picks for late-first/second round sleepers in this draft?

I’m going with Leandro Bolmaro. He’s a 19-year old kid playing quality minutes for Barcelona, a top three team in the Euroleague, who can shoot, handle and pass. To be honest, I’m confused why someone like RJ Hampton — who did nothing in Australia — is slotted several picks ahead of him.

Even if he doesn’t come to the U.S for a couple of seasons, I’m not sure who Boston, LA or Toronto are getting late in the first round with more upside than Bolmaro.

armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

Reggie Perry
    Mason Jones
    Lamar Stevens

kobyz
    Participant

Mamadi Diakite, quality energy big with defensive and strech potential, could be JaMychal Green/Larry Nance Jr type

3+
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    Participant

Bolmaro, unlike a number of other international early entrants, is with his team right now. This should be an advantage for his development, given that LaMelo will go 13-months or more between games, Pokusevski played in the Greek second division, Maledon and Avdija could have benefited their standing by another year in the Euroleague. That said, Bolmaro is not “playing quality minutes” in that through 6 games and 72 minutes, he is 3-15 shooting, 1-9 from three with 1 assist to 3 turnovers. This does not change the fact that some teams in a climate with a decreasing cap might prefer to keep a draft pick off the payroll, and Barcelona is a known setup for developing players who have gone on to succeed in the NBA. Filip Petrusev is off to a strong start in the Adriatic League as is his early entrant teammate Marko Simonovic. It would seem as though playing would be a better move than sitting and waiting, and I think too many players and agents have not adjusted to what has been happening.

rayvaughn
      Participant

Mamadi Diakite:
      He’ll need a jump shot if not now , then sooner than later,,forget the draft kings B.S.. The game is changing again. Mobile ball handling big’s like Bam and AD will be at a premium.

cpsisson7cpsisson7
    cpsisson7
    Participant

robert woodard- all around guy who could improve offensively

cj elleby- glue wing with brisk finishing to the hole
    (3pt range)

ty-shon alexander- good shot making guard with lots of skills

trent forrest- tough defender with some shooting and playmaking, although older

Scrooge McDuck
    Participant

Steven Enoch, Bolmaro, Whitney, Isaiah Joe, Riller, Nwora, Winston, Huhges, Richards
    Kentucky has several projected 2nd round guards. There’s a chance 1 will pan out. Khalil Whitney

OneAndDone
      Participant

Khalil definitely has the tools to make it in the NBA, but what has made Kentucky guys successful from the jump is how they were taught to play a role and are willing to fit into a system in the NBA. That is not the case with Whitney. When he realized he wasn’t going to get the run he was used to, he left. That would be a big red flag for me despite the talent being there.

bt102bt102
    bt102
    Participant

Sam Merrill
    Yoeli Childs
    Payton Pritchard
    Ashton Hagans
    Ty-shon Alexander
    Pokusevski (if you have him here. He’s in the lottery for me)

OhCanada-
    Participant

Before I get into any long list just want to point out his years “out of nowhere” pick will be Abdulaye Ndoye the French PG from Senegal. Last time he had an official measurement was 4 years ago and he measured at 6’7 in shoes with a 7’2 wingspan. He’s been playing pro in the french A league since then and this year finally showed his value as a starter. He will enter the league a pro and be an interesting piece to the puzzle for whoever drafts him.

First of all theres alot of bigs I just don’t see having bad NBA careers. Oturu, Stewart, Reed, Tillman and Perry are on the top of that list. Oturu and Stewart of their fair share of love soo I’ll speak on the others.

Reggie Perry and Xavier Tillman maybe the two best passing bigs in this draft. As you can see teams really are looking for bigs that can make plays passing the rock Jokic, Adebayo, Sabonis, Gasol there are plenty of examples.

Teams like to have their bigs initiate the offense at the top of the three point line. Perry spent the entire last season operating from there. Reggie Perry is a cut 250 with ballhandling skills and an improving jumpshot. Not too sure why he is projected a 2nd rounder to me he’s a sure thing.

Xavier Tillman is a utility big that can do a little bit of everything. Best case scenario he ends up like Al Horford worst case scenario Kyle O’Quinn (who I think is one of the most underrated players in the league and want starting for Toronto at C next year).

Paul Reed is just a dog. He is gonna outwork everyone and make a habit of it. He’s got the potential to end up the best defensive player in this draft. I really see him going to a team like the Heat and fitting into that culture. Could also go to one of the younger teams that lack grit and athleticism like Dallas or Minnesota and just do all the dirty work.

But those guys to me aren’t even steals they are super solid and should go in the 1st round.

My steals would be guys like Trent Forrest probably the best defensive guard in the draft and great athlete but has a broken jumper and is older so might not get drafted.

Nate Hinton. Tremendous worker big time rebounder for his size versatile defender contributes everywhere and is constantly improving.

Malik Fitts. Big forward with a very good perimeter game and athletisism.

Mason Jones. Really no clue why hes being slept on as well. Huge scorer n the SEC last year, great 1 on 1 game always been productive.

Marcus Howard. Undersized but can’t be much smaller than guys like Van Vleet. Most productive player in college since Trae Young. His last 100 games in college hes averaged 24 points per so its safe to say he is very used to scoring.

Theres tons of guys. Childs, Pritchard, Trinkle. Just gotta find the right situation.

1+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Jalen Harris is another guy who is a bigtime sleeper in this draft. Plays alot like Jordan Clarkson.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login