This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Mopgrass 3 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

1. Harden to the sixers for simmons and a first
    2. Westbrook to the bucks (?) (heat (?)
    bucks could be bledsoe, illysova, wilson, robin lopez, divnenzo, and 2 firsts for westbrook, house

not sure if wetsbrook is the best fit over kyle lowry or chris paul because of shooting but heat for sign and trades for dragic (S and T), Robinson, Olynik,2 firsts could also work…

thoughts?

Zouldiers
    Participant

If the Heat didn’t trade for Westbrook then, they ain’t trading for him now.

sniper
    Participant

A contender is not going to gut their roster to acquire Westbrook. He’s just not that good.

jazzman32
    Participant

That Westbrook contract is untradable. I think they should keep going for it as long as there isn’t a team who’s clearly better than everyone else.

canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

hahahaa same comments with the chris paul contract last year, and some same people, AGAIN. Teams are not going to gut their rosters for westbrook; i agree….., and they are not going to have to- thats the point. Every trade i showed is not gutting a roster, but giving up a few complimentary pieces with the core staying… westbrook’s value is as low as it will be while still being a good piece…. teams need to take advantage of this time….. i dont think the bucks are a great fit. but if lowry and paul dont work- they have to risk it…… heat could work but they want giannis so need to leave space open…. team like even the magic could offer fournier, fultz, aminu, and a first and if the rockets are rebuilding that might do it…..

point is if rockets are looking to rebuild take advantage and take the risk at a low value and trade for him if you dont have to gut your top 2 players to do it.

Hitster
    Participant

Houston have given up the vast majority of their future picks to get Westbrook so if they did go into rebuild they would not have these to use. So I think they need to run with what they have for the next few years. Eric Gordon also has several years left on his deal too.

3+
    sniper
    Participant

I would consider the trade mentioned above, with the Bucks, to be “gutting the Bucks’ roster.” They’d be giving up their 3rd best player and an elite defender (Bledsoe), their entire frontcourt depth, and the only player on their team who might be a whole lot better than he is now in a year or two (Di Vincenzo), plus 1st-round picks. All for a player who might be a bad fit with Giannis.

Mopgrass
    Participant

I keep hearing Harden for Ben Simmons. No way. If you offer Harden, you ask for everything. I would ask for Embiid, for starters. Ben Simmons does not fit with Rockets’ organization’s approach in any way. Why would the three point team add another non-three point shooter?

They took Westbrook because they had to. He cannot be traded. No takers. However, he and Embiid might make an interesting combo. Westbrook’s never had a go-to big man on his team. Maybe that’s what he needs.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login