This topic contains 51 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar roroven210 3 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    whatever
    Participant

I read many articles in Spanish about this guy and he receives A LOT of attention in Europe named 3 times in a row best young player by FIBA Europe. But after revising his numbers cant help but to feel underwhelmed 4.7 pts, 6as, and 3.7 rebs in the ACB this season. 4.4pts, 5.1asists, 3.1 rebs in the 2010 fiba world championship. I know he is young (will turn 20 in 3 days) and is a good passer but i would expect better numbers from him after all the hype he has received. Most Spanish articles compare him to pete maravich, steve nash, chris paul and even magic johnson lol.

SERBIAN BALLER 16
    Participant

Rubio is a good player over in spain, but he is still learning. He’s got a lot of potentail but it will take time. That why I like that Minnesota has Flynn and Ridnour there to help him along. Competition brings out the best in people. I think if he comes over within the next few years that he will be leading a winning minnesota team and he will have 6.5-9 assists per game within 5 years

1+
    SERBIAN BALLER 16
    Participant

Rubio is a good player over in spain, but he is still learning. He’s got a lot of potentail but it will take time. That why I like that Minnesota has Flynn and Ridnour there to help him along. Competition brings out the best in people. I think if he comes over within the next few years that he will be leading a winning minnesota team and he will have 6.5-9 assists per game within 5 years

Joseph GillianJoseph Gillian
      Joseph Gillian
      Participant

I think so too. Only it seems to me that Rubio has already revealed a significant part of his potential. After all, he is no longer an 18-year-old player.

Mr. 19134
    Participant

Euro numbers are always low.  Everybody on offense touches the ball limited chances to get assists and points.  

In the NBA the court is more wide open and Rubio will have the ball in his hands more enabling him to make more plays.  His chances are extremely limited on a stacked Barcelona team.  I feel like because Rubio is such a masterful ball handler and passer and not a great shooter that his game is better suited for the NBA then Europe.

Mr. 19134
    Participant

Euro numbers are always low.  Everybody on offense touches the ball limited chances to get assists and points.  

In the NBA the court is more wide open and Rubio will have the ball in his hands more enabling him to make more plays.  His chances are extremely limited on a stacked Barcelona team.  I feel like because Rubio is such a masterful ball handler and passer and not a great shooter that his game is better suited for the NBA then Europe.

whatever
    Participant

My issue with him is that lately he is not making that much of a progress in his game he had similar numbers in Beijing when he was 2 years younger and his stats in the ACB are barely improving if improving at all over the last 2 seasons in Barcelona

whatever
    Participant

My issue with him is that lately he is not making that much of a progress in his game he had similar numbers in Beijing when he was 2 years younger and his stats in the ACB are barely improving if improving at all over the last 2 seasons in Barcelona

SERBIAN BALLER 16
    Participant

If he ever comes to Minnesota i think he will love it there. They have surrounded him with nothing but shooters. these shooters will spread the floor more and let darko got at it down low, this plus rubios remarkable passing should get the t-wolves winning again

SERBIAN BALLER 16
    Participant

If he ever comes to Minnesota i think he will love it there. They have surrounded him with nothing but shooters. these shooters will spread the floor more and let darko got at it down low, this plus rubios remarkable passing should get the t-wolves winning again

omphalos
    Participant

I honestly think he’s grown as much as will playing in Europe. The system and the competition have taken him as far as he’s going to go; he needs more responsibility and more of the ball which comes with being an NBA point guard. Not sure if the triangle offense is the best use of his talents though.

omphalos
    Participant

I honestly think he’s grown as much as will playing in Europe. The system and the competition have taken him as far as he’s going to go; he needs more responsibility and more of the ball which comes with being an NBA point guard. Not sure if the triangle offense is the best use of his talents though.

SERBIAN BALLER 16
    Participant

why do you think the triangle isnt going to workout for him?

SERBIAN BALLER 16
    Participant

why do you think the triangle isnt going to workout for him?

omphalos
    Participant

Not that it isn’t going to work out for him, just that a system where he could be more creative would be better suited to him. Also, the most successful triangle PGs have been able to shoot the rock relatively well, which is Rubio’s biggest weakness.

omphalos
    Participant

Not that it isn’t going to work out for him, just that a system where he could be more creative would be better suited to him. Also, the most successful triangle PGs have been able to shoot the rock relatively well, which is Rubio’s biggest weakness.

whatever
    Participant

Any predictions for his nba stats

whatever
    Participant

Any predictions for his nba stats

SERBIAN BALLER 16
    Participant

honestly i doubt hes ever going to have a good or even decent pullup up jump shot but i dont think that will affect his game,i think that somtimes he will be so open he cant miss and he will be able to drive and lay it it. i think in his first 3 seasons in the nba he will play about 20 mpg and get around 5p 3.5a and 1s, also i think he will be a surprisingly good defensive player

ZoMin1985
      Participant

I feel like because Rubio is such a masterful ball handler and passer and not a great shooter that his game is better suited for the NBA then Europe.

SERBIAN BALLER 16
    Participant

honestly i doubt hes ever going to have a good or even decent pullup up jump shot but i dont think that will affect his game,i think that somtimes he will be so open he cant miss and he will be able to drive and lay it it. i think in his first 3 seasons in the nba he will play about 20 mpg and get around 5p 3.5a and 1s, also i think he will be a surprisingly good defensive player

omphalos
    Participant

Not sure if I’d call him a surprisingly good defensive player, he’s already shown an uncanny ability to pick the pocket of opposition point guards, so I don’t see the surprise.

omphalos
    Participant

Not sure if I’d call him a surprisingly good defensive player, he’s already shown an uncanny ability to pick the pocket of opposition point guards, so I don’t see the surprise.

SERBIAN BALLER 16
    Participant

I mean surprising for the nba. point gaurds are getting better and better as scoring threats. i think rubios speed and youth will only help him against some of the leagues aging pint gaurds.

SERBIAN BALLER 16
    Participant

I mean surprising for the nba. point gaurds are getting better and better as scoring threats. i think rubios speed and youth will only help him against some of the leagues aging pint gaurds.

whatever
    Participant

I see him averaging around 12pts 4 rebs and 8 assists in his prime not bad but not quite chris pauls or nashes prime stats

whatever
    Participant

I see him averaging around 12pts 4 rebs and 8 assists in his prime not bad but not quite chris pauls or nashes prime stats

Mr. 19134
    Participant

See I think Rubio can explode in the NBA.  He’ll have the ball in his hands more and really thrive in the uptempo system Rambis is starting to implement.  Think of Rubio running up the court with Webster ready to fire an open 3, Beasly and Wes Johnson either posted for an open shot or cutting to the lane for an alley oop, and Kevin Love knowing exactly where to be on the court at all times.  Rubio is going to have a field day with those options and instead of swing the ball around waiting to get it back he will be the passing to players who are thinking shoot not ball movement.  

I think Next year he can come over and play 28 minutes a night an average 9 points and 7 assists.  He reminds me a lot of Jason Kidd.  Rubio is not the defender Kidd is but he does have potential and is a ball hawk in passing lanes.  Plus Rubio is around 6’5 right now and extremely long for a PG.  

Mr. 19134
    Participant

See I think Rubio can explode in the NBA.  He’ll have the ball in his hands more and really thrive in the uptempo system Rambis is starting to implement.  Think of Rubio running up the court with Webster ready to fire an open 3, Beasly and Wes Johnson either posted for an open shot or cutting to the lane for an alley oop, and Kevin Love knowing exactly where to be on the court at all times.  Rubio is going to have a field day with those options and instead of swing the ball around waiting to get it back he will be the passing to players who are thinking shoot not ball movement.  

I think Next year he can come over and play 28 minutes a night an average 9 points and 7 assists.  He reminds me a lot of Jason Kidd.  Rubio is not the defender Kidd is but he does have potential and is a ball hawk in passing lanes.  Plus Rubio is around 6’5 right now and extremely long for a PG.  

SERBIAN BALLER 16
    Participant

i dont see him getting 28 mpg if he comes over next season. especially not with ridnour , flynn , and sebastian telfair

SERBIAN BALLER 16
    Participant

i dont see him getting 28 mpg if he comes over next season. especially not with ridnour , flynn , and sebastian telfair

whatever
    Participant

He is listed in his ACB profile at 6"3

whatever
    Participant

He is listed in his ACB profile at 6"3

SERBIAN BALLER 16
    Participant

hes about to turn 20 so there is a chance that he is still growing, europeans tend to grow steadily til about 21-22

SERBIAN BALLER 16
    Participant

hes about to turn 20 so there is a chance that he is still growing, europeans tend to grow steadily til about 21-22

butidonthavemoney

Rubio is a legit 6’5" with a monster wingspan.

Season one, I see him putting up around 6 points, 6 assists and 1.5 steals. In his prime, I’ll say 14 points, 11 assists and 3 steals. He is a pest defensively and a very gifted floor general.

If you watch him play, you know he’s going to be a successful NBA player.

butidonthavemoney

Rubio is a legit 6’5" with a monster wingspan.

Season one, I see him putting up around 6 points, 6 assists and 1.5 steals. In his prime, I’ll say 14 points, 11 assists and 3 steals. He is a pest defensively and a very gifted floor general.

If you watch him play, you know he’s going to be a successful NBA player.

whatever
    Participant

i see him having a jose calderon-like career. At least similar stats

whatever
    Participant

i see him having a jose calderon-like career. At least similar stats

defkon2
    Participant

A lot of people never see one player and they built an opinion only seeing his numbers.

Numbers isn´t be all. Players like Gasol (except this start season), Rudy Fernandez, Josh Smith or Vince Carter are above their numbers.

I am hundred percent sure that Ricky Rubio will be an important player on NBA. If you want get an good point of view, you must watch a RR´s game.

By other hand, Rubio is in the best european club (in this moment). He is the best in this team, but Barcelona`s coach give minutes to all his players.

defkon2
    Participant

A lot of people never see one player and they built an opinion only seeing his numbers.

Numbers isn´t be all. Players like Gasol (except this start season), Rudy Fernandez, Josh Smith or Vince Carter are above their numbers.

I am hundred percent sure that Ricky Rubio will be an important player on NBA. If you want get an good point of view, you must watch a RR´s game.

By other hand, Rubio is in the best european club (in this moment). He is the best in this team, but Barcelona`s coach give minutes to all his players.

McDunkin

I have said something like this before, but i dont know if Rubios scoring ability will ever catch up to his defense and playmaking. I honestly think this is from him not only going pro at such an early age but also playing as a starter at such a high level at an early age.

The last time he played against players in his age group he was 13 or 14 and putting up quadruple doubles, 40+ points, and hitting game winners. When he started at  DKV Joventut you can tell that he prefered to defer to the older and sometimes less talented players around him. This got even worse with the move to an even better team in FC Barcelona. In the World Championships he showed that he will defer to other to the point that it hurts the team. Such as near the end of the Exhibitin with USA where he had a damn near wide open drive to the rim but instead of going all the way he tried to throw a behind the back pass back out to a player at 3-point line which caused a crucial turnover.

I maybe wrong, but i think starting out at a lower level or at the least being allowed to play with the junior national team. At these levels he would have been a go to player for the team which might have caused him to have more faith in his own ability on offense, not to mention help improve it.

McDunkin

I have said something like this before, but i dont know if Rubios scoring ability will ever catch up to his defense and playmaking. I honestly think this is from him not only going pro at such an early age but also playing as a starter at such a high level at an early age.

The last time he played against players in his age group he was 13 or 14 and putting up quadruple doubles, 40+ points, and hitting game winners. When he started at  DKV Joventut you can tell that he prefered to defer to the older and sometimes less talented players around him. This got even worse with the move to an even better team in FC Barcelona. In the World Championships he showed that he will defer to other to the point that it hurts the team. Such as near the end of the Exhibitin with USA where he had a damn near wide open drive to the rim but instead of going all the way he tried to throw a behind the back pass back out to a player at 3-point line which caused a crucial turnover.

I maybe wrong, but i think starting out at a lower level or at the least being allowed to play with the junior national team. At these levels he would have been a go to player for the team which might have caused him to have more faith in his own ability on offense, not to mention help improve it.

McDunkin

And people say i dont know basketball

butidonthavemoney

I actually saw that when I was looking through old Ricky Rubio topics earlier.

Impressive.

shootinggames202
    Participant

Ailment is a mixture between a Shooting Games and also a dungeon crawler RPG. Players explore the world, find loot and gear, take up the criminals, and participate in certain truly intense action combat. The images have been retro style so that it’s maybe not the funniest game we’ve ever seen. Still, the mechanisms are solid and the controls are easy enough to learn.

fasdfgdr44
    Participant

I see you advertising and marketing that you promote web hosting. Can you contact me . Currently i am the use of a number type ting is likewise excellent, See more. But i also need to study more.

sophiaayla
    Participant

prescription gaming glasses are designed to combine stylish looks with top-quality eye protection. Stay focused on the game with syghtglass latest gaming and Computer glasses collection which block blue light micron anti-blue ray protection eye strain. Buy best frames prescription gaming glasses.

bsgrank
    Participant

he is the best Player
    agree or not?

martinwilson4245
    Participant

We are Professional academic Write my thesis for me service with a qualified of Subject Matter Experts who ensure you get the best assignments.

themevolty124themevolty124
    themevolty124
    Participant

Lastly our product elevt A mobile digital shop is available.

https://themevolty.com/elevt-mobile-digital-laptop-store

roroven210
    Participant

For me he is pretty good. My followers on Twitter disagree with me. TMI, I got my followers with https://soclikes.com/ . They are so different with own opinions, I like it. We discuss a lot of different topics with each other.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login