This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers 3 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

Redick might not be a hall of famer but he stands alone in one particular statistical category and it might be a while before we see someone surpass him in this category. Can you guess what it is?

3+
    sniper
    Participant

Is it a stat that everyone’s familiar with, or is it a more obscure or “advanced” stat?

nbarelli
    Participant

Has to be something that has an accumulative total due to the way you’ve worded the question. He’s been in the league a while and has two notable things about his game – shooting and making the playoffs. So I will guess the record is most 3s made in playoff losses..

Participant

Hint: it is a stat the everyone is familiar with and age factors into it

sniper
    Participant

Most 3s made past the age of 30?

Participant

Another hint: this is not a record he accumulated over his career. It is something that was accomplished in one particular season.

Participant

In the 2018-19 season, a 34 year old redick in his 13th season in the league averaged a career high 18.1 ppg. Redick became the oldest nba player in history to establish a new career high in scoring.

3+
      NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
      NorrinRadd
      Participant

Wow, that’s pretty effin’ good! I thought for sure it had to do with 3 pointers or FTs.

1+
    nbarelli
    Participant

No, that’s wrong, sorry. I don’t know where you came up with that, or why, but it’s incorrect. Just for starters, Pablo Prigioni was a 35 year old rookie and his career high was 2 years later in 2014-15. I just thought of guys who debuted at an older age or played well late and he was the first guy I checked. He only scored a few points per game, but I’m sure there’s others.

Participant

https://www.google.com/amp/s/hoopshype.com/2018/11/30/philadelphia-76ers-jj-redick-career-best-points-per-game/amp/?client=safari

Ok. Technically you are right about prigioni . Good call. The detail that I missed was that they were only counting players with at least 5 previous seasons of nba experience. Since prigioni didn’t enter the league until 35 I guess he would have the record automatically as long as he scored a single point.
    Also, Dahntay Jones played one game in the 2016 regular season and scored 13 points at age 35, technically setting a career high. But no one would consider that to be legitimate.

2+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login