This topic contains 99 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar tinalovely101 4 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    IndianaBasketball
    Participant

This should be in off-topic, but I wanted to get some good replies to this.

Which are you buying… The PS4 or Xbox One? Based on what I’ve heard/read so far, the PS4 will be $399 and the Xbox One will be $499. The extra $100 for the Xbox One is supposedly because of the Kinect (which is garbage IMO anyway) being included. I’ve been reading about how the XBox One has a lot of bogus restrictions, rules, regulations, etc that are turning people off, but I don’t understand how that affects me. I just want to play the best system.

I’ve owned an Xbox for years. I can’t even remember the last time I owned a playstation. Which is better? I’m talking about the graphics, control, game play, controller, etc.

I want to read people’s opinions on all of this.

SubZero
    Participant

I’m a huge nerd lol so I’ve been keeping up with all this. Keep in mind, I’ve had a Playstation every generation

I feel like most of the people on this site will mainly want the consoles for Madden and 2K, so it more comes down to preference than it would if you’re more someone like me who plays all kinds of games. There’s a couple of things about the Xbox though. For one, they have some restrictions on the games you purchase to where you pretty much don’t even own them, you’re more just renting them. You won’t be able to just let your friend borrow a game from you and play it on his system, which is a huge deal breaker for me. Also, it has to be connected to the internet at least once every 24 hours, and it’s $100 more expensive.

As far as graphics, controller, etc. goes, they’re fairly similar. I think the PS4 has more capability as far as graphics and power go, but all that stuff, especially the controllers, pretty much comes down to preference

phila9012
      Participant

The xboxone comes with the kinect, the PS4 doesnt come with their version of it so basically they are the same price if you get that.

phila9012
      Participant

The xboxone comes with the kinect, the PS4 doesnt come with their version of it so basically they are the same price if you get that.

SubZero
    Participant

I’m a huge nerd lol so I’ve been keeping up with all this. Keep in mind, I’ve had a Playstation every generation

I feel like most of the people on this site will mainly want the consoles for Madden and 2K, so it more comes down to preference than it would if you’re more someone like me who plays all kinds of games. There’s a couple of things about the Xbox though. For one, they have some restrictions on the games you purchase to where you pretty much don’t even own them, you’re more just renting them. You won’t be able to just let your friend borrow a game from you and play it on his system, which is a huge deal breaker for me. Also, it has to be connected to the internet at least once every 24 hours, and it’s $100 more expensive.

As far as graphics, controller, etc. goes, they’re fairly similar. I think the PS4 has more capability as far as graphics and power go, but all that stuff, especially the controllers, pretty much comes down to preference

GlenTaylorSucks
    Participant

Ok…the always online (let’s face it, requiring an internet connection once a day is always online, MS) and the whole “not being able to take a game over to a friends house/lend them a game” thing combine to be instant deal breakers. Consoles are for GAMING. Not for watching TV- I have a cable box that does that. Plus, the very thought of having an always-on kinect in combination with all the NSA stuff going on scares me a bit, haha.

The PS4 has awesome looking games coming out for it, better exclusives, and is user-friendly in all the ways MS isn’t. Sony wins my money next-gen!

GlenTaylorSucks
    Participant

Ok…the always online (let’s face it, requiring an internet connection once a day is always online, MS) and the whole “not being able to take a game over to a friends house/lend them a game” thing combine to be instant deal breakers. Consoles are for GAMING. Not for watching TV- I have a cable box that does that. Plus, the very thought of having an always-on kinect in combination with all the NSA stuff going on scares me a bit, haha.

The PS4 has awesome looking games coming out for it, better exclusives, and is user-friendly in all the ways MS isn’t. Sony wins my money next-gen!

fcb206
    Participant

Im a simple guy. I play NBA2k, Madden, and the occasional shooter or RPG. Xboxone is making things waaaaaaaay to complicated for me. I think this is the year I hop to PS4. Looking forward to it. The gameplay footage for both NBA2k and Madden look absolutely amazing. I hope they use that beefed up processor to do some things other than just improve the graphics. Better AI in terms of season/franchise mode for both games would be nice. Maybe player creation that makes the dude you use look as authentic as the rest of the players. It would be cool to get a fantasy draft dynasty going with some heads from this forum once NBA2k14 is out.

Question to you all- who is your all time favorite NBA2k player that stunk in the NBA? I used to LOVE playing with Gerald Green on NBA2k9-10(?). I remember him being an absolute stud. unstoppable dunker and he could drain the sh*t out of threes. Also thourghly enjoyed tricking out Tony Wroten in NBA2k13. Dude becomes a monster once you untap his potential and throw some development points his way. I had a few Association modes where he was putting up 25/5/5 and winning the MVP. He becomes a giant dwayne wade and even develops shooting range.

ProudGrandpa
      Participant

Michael Beasley is always pretty ridiculous, especially after a few years in My Player or Franchise mode

ProudGrandpa
      Participant

Michael Beasley is always pretty ridiculous, especially after a few years in My Player or Franchise mode

SubZero
      Participant

Bro you’re right about Tony Wroten. I have him in one of my Fantasy Draft Association teams. In those I almost always draft based off of potential, and after a year in mine his and Demarcus Cousins’ ratings shot up like crazy. He’s so good

SubZero
      Participant

Bro you’re right about Tony Wroten. I have him in one of my Fantasy Draft Association teams. In those I almost always draft based off of potential, and after a year in mine his and Demarcus Cousins’ ratings shot up like crazy. He’s so good

aamir543
      Participant

There are about 7 of us friends who play online associations regularly, and we have a list of “god” players: Greivis Vasquez, Marshawn Broooks, Alonzo Gee, and Kent Bazemore. Plus there’s this one guy who shoots 70% from three with Wesley Matthews and averages at least 20 a game with him. He’s so good it’s ridiculous.

aamir543
      Participant

There are about 7 of us friends who play online associations regularly, and we have a list of “god” players: Greivis Vasquez, Marshawn Broooks, Alonzo Gee, and Kent Bazemore. Plus there’s this one guy who shoots 70% from three with Wesley Matthews and averages at least 20 a game with him. He’s so good it’s ridiculous.

fcb206
    Participant

Im a simple guy. I play NBA2k, Madden, and the occasional shooter or RPG. Xboxone is making things waaaaaaaay to complicated for me. I think this is the year I hop to PS4. Looking forward to it. The gameplay footage for both NBA2k and Madden look absolutely amazing. I hope they use that beefed up processor to do some things other than just improve the graphics. Better AI in terms of season/franchise mode for both games would be nice. Maybe player creation that makes the dude you use look as authentic as the rest of the players. It would be cool to get a fantasy draft dynasty going with some heads from this forum once NBA2k14 is out.

Question to you all- who is your all time favorite NBA2k player that stunk in the NBA? I used to LOVE playing with Gerald Green on NBA2k9-10(?). I remember him being an absolute stud. unstoppable dunker and he could drain the sh*t out of threes. Also thourghly enjoyed tricking out Tony Wroten in NBA2k13. Dude becomes a monster once you untap his potential and throw some development points his way. I had a few Association modes where he was putting up 25/5/5 and winning the MVP. He becomes a giant dwayne wade and even develops shooting range.

I May Be Wrong
    Participant

I think immediately, the PS4 will be more attractive for many users but in the long run, XBOX One wins out. I dont know if you guys remember but I think when the PS3 came out, people were saying something on the lines of “PS3 is wayyyy better because of Blu-ray and free online”… but over time, Xbox 360 took a bigger portion of the market because it simply was a great system. I want to see a little bit more details about everything before making my decision because for me, I’ve always been used to the feel of an xbox controller so I wanted to keep that. But those restrictions do really make this a tougher decision for me.

he_gets_buckets
      Participant

Xbox 360 came out 2 years earlier then PS3 so it had a leg up on PS3 by already having an established library of great games, whereas, this time round, PS4 has more exclusive titles then Xbox has launch titles. PS4 also has a much better system in general because a lot more of the power of the device is being geared towards gaming, not being a TV box.
      Ps4 will not only have better games, better features(or perhaps lack of the poor features that XBox has), it will just simply be a more powerful and more advanced GAMING device.

he_gets_buckets
      Participant

Xbox 360 came out 2 years earlier then PS3 so it had a leg up on PS3 by already having an established library of great games, whereas, this time round, PS4 has more exclusive titles then Xbox has launch titles. PS4 also has a much better system in general because a lot more of the power of the device is being geared towards gaming, not being a TV box.
      Ps4 will not only have better games, better features(or perhaps lack of the poor features that XBox has), it will just simply be a more powerful and more advanced GAMING device.

I May Be Wrong
    Participant

I think immediately, the PS4 will be more attractive for many users but in the long run, XBOX One wins out. I dont know if you guys remember but I think when the PS3 came out, people were saying something on the lines of “PS3 is wayyyy better because of Blu-ray and free online”… but over time, Xbox 360 took a bigger portion of the market because it simply was a great system. I want to see a little bit more details about everything before making my decision because for me, I’ve always been used to the feel of an xbox controller so I wanted to keep that. But those restrictions do really make this a tougher decision for me.

Nbanflguy
    Participant

I think I am going with Xbox One for the sole reason that my GT and Achievements will carry over.

Nbanflguy
    Participant

I think I am going with Xbox One for the sole reason that my GT and Achievements will carry over.

realkerrykittles30
    Participant

when they drop?

realkerrykittles30
    Participant

when they drop?

rickyD510
    Participant

Xbox One now offers Netflix, HBO GO, ESPN, Vevo it also offers Comcast subscribers to stream live tv off the Xbox. Also that Xbox illumirooms pretty cool too.
    Here’s a link check it out:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ4hWa6y710

rickyD510
    Participant

Xbox One now offers Netflix, HBO GO, ESPN, Vevo it also offers Comcast subscribers to stream live tv off the Xbox. Also that Xbox illumirooms pretty cool too.
    Here’s a link check it out:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ4hWa6y710

For_Never_Ever
    Participant

I saw this on Facebook. The Xbox One has quite a few restrictions. Hopefully the link works.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=382867315150933&set=a.356844341086564.1073741828.356840747753590&type=1&theater

For_Never_Ever
    Participant

I saw this on Facebook. The Xbox One has quite a few restrictions. Hopefully the link works.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=382867315150933&set=a.356844341086564.1073741828.356840747753590&type=1&theater

Sewok15
    Participant

The XBox One will be slightly better in my estimation but it is more expensive. It also seems like it will be quite a pain in the but to deal with the restrictions that I am just hearing about today. I had heard about the internet connection things…but no borrowing games is BS in my book.

I always was a PS guy until this last generation I switched to Xbox360 mostly because it was cheaper at the time. Well after playing my monthly fee for online play for the last 7 years I could have bought 2 PS3’s. I will most likely be switching back to Playstation because it is cheaper and apparently not as restrictive as the XBox One.

Sewok15
    Participant

The XBox One will be slightly better in my estimation but it is more expensive. It also seems like it will be quite a pain in the but to deal with the restrictions that I am just hearing about today. I had heard about the internet connection things…but no borrowing games is BS in my book.

I always was a PS guy until this last generation I switched to Xbox360 mostly because it was cheaper at the time. Well after playing my monthly fee for online play for the last 7 years I could have bought 2 PS3’s. I will most likely be switching back to Playstation because it is cheaper and apparently not as restrictive as the XBox One.

NCarmean18
    Participant

I’m a pretty big video game nerd, and I have favored the Xbox 360 pretty dramatically over the PS3 throughout this entire generation of gaming. However, it seems as though Sony has picked up what they did the last time around, and they are improving their brand, and proving to be the masterminds behind next-gen video gaming.

The reason that I have pre-ordered the PS4 over the Xbox One are:

Even though they have almost equal chips, the PS4 will have slight better graphics.
    The PS4 WILL allow you to sell and trade in games, as well as buy used games from places like GameStop. (Huge conflict regarding next-gen consoles).
    $100 cheaper than next-gen Xbox titles.
    All of my buddies are getting this console over the Xbox One.
    They will have a better online service due to $50 a year for online services.
    Xbox One’s Kinect will be “Always On”? That’s kind of creepy…
    The Playstation has always had better exclusive games, especially since Bungi sold the Halo brand to 343 Studios.

Those are my main reasons in why I will be picking up the PlayStation 4 over the Xbox One. I have already pre-ordered 4 games – Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Destiny, and NBA 2K14. So, if any of you will be getting the console, then we will have to exchange information in the future!

SubZero
      Participant

You pre-ordered 3 online shooters? Seems a little redundant

SubZero
      Participant

You pre-ordered 3 online shooters? Seems a little redundant

NCarmean18
        Participant

Possibly, but the all offer something a little different. I pre-ordered Destiny because it was developed by Bungi and Activision, two studios that have been made famous by developing and perfecting FPS games. (Call of Duty and Halo). Destiny is a completely new journey, and I look forward to a fresh start with a fresh story.

I went with Call of Duty: Ghosts because Call of Duty was the original FPS game that got me into the genre. I have had a love-hate relationship with it in recent years, but it seems as though that Activision has put a bigger emphasis on the single player campaign mode, something that I really look forward to playing. Also, the first Call of Duty game on the next-gen of consoles? It’s almost a must as a FPS genre fan.

I went ahead and pre-ordered Battlefield because it is an entirely different experience than Call of Duty. With the huge maps, mobile tanks and choppers that are constantly roaming, it’s just something to lean towards whenever I get bored/pissed with Call of Duty, because it is bound to happen.

NCarmean18
        Participant

Possibly, but the all offer something a little different. I pre-ordered Destiny because it was developed by Bungi and Activision, two studios that have been made famous by developing and perfecting FPS games. (Call of Duty and Halo). Destiny is a completely new journey, and I look forward to a fresh start with a fresh story.

I went with Call of Duty: Ghosts because Call of Duty was the original FPS game that got me into the genre. I have had a love-hate relationship with it in recent years, but it seems as though that Activision has put a bigger emphasis on the single player campaign mode, something that I really look forward to playing. Also, the first Call of Duty game on the next-gen of consoles? It’s almost a must as a FPS genre fan.

I went ahead and pre-ordered Battlefield because it is an entirely different experience than Call of Duty. With the huge maps, mobile tanks and choppers that are constantly roaming, it’s just something to lean towards whenever I get bored/pissed with Call of Duty, because it is bound to happen.

Sewok15
          Participant

I am awful at Battlefield but pretty good at COD….therefore Call of Duty is definitely the better game.

Sewok15
          Participant

I am awful at Battlefield but pretty good at COD….therefore Call of Duty is definitely the better game.

tinalovely101
      Participant

COD is a great game, and i haven’t played it since the third season until now. Currently, i have switched to use the mobile version form CODHAX. It will be an interesting experience for you.

It is different from PUBG mobile, It is on a superior level

NCarmean18
    Participant

I’m a pretty big video game nerd, and I have favored the Xbox 360 pretty dramatically over the PS3 throughout this entire generation of gaming. However, it seems as though Sony has picked up what they did the last time around, and they are improving their brand, and proving to be the masterminds behind next-gen video gaming.

The reason that I have pre-ordered the PS4 over the Xbox One are:

Even though they have almost equal chips, the PS4 will have slight better graphics.
    The PS4 WILL allow you to sell and trade in games, as well as buy used games from places like GameStop. (Huge conflict regarding next-gen consoles).
    $100 cheaper than next-gen Xbox titles.
    All of my buddies are getting this console over the Xbox One.
    They will have a better online service due to $50 a year for online services.
    Xbox One’s Kinect will be “Always On”? That’s kind of creepy…
    The Playstation has always had better exclusive games, especially since Bungi sold the Halo brand to 343 Studios.

Those are my main reasons in why I will be picking up the PlayStation 4 over the Xbox One. I have already pre-ordered 4 games – Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Destiny, and NBA 2K14. So, if any of you will be getting the console, then we will have to exchange information in the future!

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Kinect always on watching you + everything the NSA has been doing recently, along with not being able to borrow/play used games and the “always online” are dealbreakers.

To be honest, I don’t know why Microsoft would even put so many restrictions.

Regardless, I would have bought the PS4 even without those restrictions. I’m simply more comfortable with it.

Sewok15
      Participant

People have already been accused of hacking others Kinect Cameras and spying on them with 360 so I can only imagine what it will be like when they are “always online”.

Sewok15
      Participant

People have already been accused of hacking others Kinect Cameras and spying on them with 360 so I can only imagine what it will be like when they are “always online”.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Kinect always on watching you + everything the NSA has been doing recently, along with not being able to borrow/play used games and the “always online” are dealbreakers.

To be honest, I don’t know why Microsoft would even put so many restrictions.

Regardless, I would have bought the PS4 even without those restrictions. I’m simply more comfortable with it.

Entropy
    Participant

The only negative for me from the Xbox one is the DRM and the price. Otherwise i would say the xbox one is better. More feature, I like the sports tv thing they are doing, excellent set of games which are more appealing than the ps4 games, you get a kinect, Xbox live seems to be better than psn.

I don’t care for the having to be only at least once every 24 hours, i don’t take my console on holiday trips or anything.

I’ll probably get the Xbox. I understand that some people don’t like it but those things don’t really bother me.

Entropy
    Participant

The only negative for me from the Xbox one is the DRM and the price. Otherwise i would say the xbox one is better. More feature, I like the sports tv thing they are doing, excellent set of games which are more appealing than the ps4 games, you get a kinect, Xbox live seems to be better than psn.

I don’t care for the having to be only at least once every 24 hours, i don’t take my console on holiday trips or anything.

I’ll probably get the Xbox. I understand that some people don’t like it but those things don’t really bother me.

peZt93
    Participant

I had the Xbox 360 but I’m definitely switching to the PS4.
    I can’t afford buying all the games I’m interested in for 60€ especially those who can be finished in 10 hours or whatever, so I usually lend a lot of singleplayer games from the Video Rental Store (Is that the right english word) and that apparently won’t be possibly on the One.
    Also I won’t put a camera from Microsoft in my living room that watches me 24/7 after all the stuff with the NSA and Microsoft.
    And I like the exclusives on the PS4 better and all of my buddies are getting the PS4 so.

And of course it’s 100€ cheaper.
    The only downside is that I like the Xbox Controller way more, but Sony apparently adressed some of the issues and the Controller now is bigger, has better triggers and sticks. I’ll get used to it anyway.

I think Sony will win this Console war by a large margin.
    In the current Gen the PS3 has caught up to the sales of the 360 although getting 1 year later to the market and being expensive as fuck.
    This time they come out at the same time and the PS4 is 100€ cheaper. Also I heard from tons of people that they are switching from the 360 to the PS4 but no one who said he’s switching from Ps3 to the One.

peZt93
    Participant

I had the Xbox 360 but I’m definitely switching to the PS4.
    I can’t afford buying all the games I’m interested in for 60€ especially those who can be finished in 10 hours or whatever, so I usually lend a lot of singleplayer games from the Video Rental Store (Is that the right english word) and that apparently won’t be possibly on the One.
    Also I won’t put a camera from Microsoft in my living room that watches me 24/7 after all the stuff with the NSA and Microsoft.
    And I like the exclusives on the PS4 better and all of my buddies are getting the PS4 so.

And of course it’s 100€ cheaper.
    The only downside is that I like the Xbox Controller way more, but Sony apparently adressed some of the issues and the Controller now is bigger, has better triggers and sticks. I’ll get used to it anyway.

I think Sony will win this Console war by a large margin.
    In the current Gen the PS3 has caught up to the sales of the 360 although getting 1 year later to the market and being expensive as fuck.
    This time they come out at the same time and the PS4 is 100€ cheaper. Also I heard from tons of people that they are switching from the 360 to the PS4 but no one who said he’s switching from Ps3 to the One.

AmiableBaller34
    Participant

“I dont know if you guys remember but I think when the PS3 came out, people were saying something on the lines of “PS3 is wayyyy better because of Blu-ray and free online”… but over time, Xbox 360 took a bigger portion of the market because it simply was a great system”

It’s almost laughable how people forget…The xbox 360 was one of the worst made consoles of all time, if not the worst. The Red Ring of Death will forever be apart of Microsofts resume, and I’m sorry, but how can you say something that had a massive recall a success? And PS3 was/is better. The only thing that separates the two is that it’s easier to program on the XBox, so most of the games were ported to PS3. This won’t be the case this time around, so I see no reason to buy another Xbox over playstation, who’s always put out a good product.

AmiableBaller34
    Participant

“I dont know if you guys remember but I think when the PS3 came out, people were saying something on the lines of “PS3 is wayyyy better because of Blu-ray and free online”… but over time, Xbox 360 took a bigger portion of the market because it simply was a great system”

It’s almost laughable how people forget…The xbox 360 was one of the worst made consoles of all time, if not the worst. The Red Ring of Death will forever be apart of Microsofts resume, and I’m sorry, but how can you say something that had a massive recall a success? And PS3 was/is better. The only thing that separates the two is that it’s easier to program on the XBox, so most of the games were ported to PS3. This won’t be the case this time around, so I see no reason to buy another Xbox over playstation, who’s always put out a good product.

Krypt Guss
    Participant

“.. but over time, Xbox 360 took a bigger portion of the market because it simply was a great system.”

That’s probably because each person had to get 4 different Xboxes to replace the red rings. I myself have gone thru 3 of them.
    That statement is also very misleading as the Ps3 sold much better around the world. This time around, the Ps4 will again have
    the European market in their hands, since all those “extra cable tv features” won’t be applicable outside the states.

I was a STRONG and ADAMANT supporter of the xbox360 and I preached how the online community was better, the games
    were better, and how even the controller had a better feeling. I can honestly look back and say I was an ignorant fanboy who was
    talking out of his @ss, all because Halo was exclusively for the Xbox. (and btw, the PS4 fixed themselves on all of those aspects)

This time around, I will not support their disrespect towards the extremely loyal fan base. They’re tossing indie developers aside,
    and selling me with catches like “voice command”?! It’s rather hard not using profanity in this rant honestly. Now, time to pre-order
    Sony’s respectable console.

SubZero
      Participant

Man, you definitely missed out on a ton of great PS3 games

SubZero
      Participant

Man, you definitely missed out on a ton of great PS3 games

Krypt Guss
    Participant

“.. but over time, Xbox 360 took a bigger portion of the market because it simply was a great system.”

That’s probably because each person had to get 4 different Xboxes to replace the red rings. I myself have gone thru 3 of them.
    That statement is also very misleading as the Ps3 sold much better around the world. This time around, the Ps4 will again have
    the European market in their hands, since all those “extra cable tv features” won’t be applicable outside the states.

I was a STRONG and ADAMANT supporter of the xbox360 and I preached how the online community was better, the games
    were better, and how even the controller had a better feeling. I can honestly look back and say I was an ignorant fanboy who was
    talking out of his @ss, all because Halo was exclusively for the Xbox. (and btw, the PS4 fixed themselves on all of those aspects)

This time around, I will not support their disrespect towards the extremely loyal fan base. They’re tossing indie developers aside,
    and selling me with catches like “voice command”?! It’s rather hard not using profanity in this rant honestly. Now, time to pre-order
    Sony’s respectable console.

Ahkasi Clay
    Participant

I love my Xbox.
    But I will be buying a PS4 because of the Xbox’s use of region coding, and having to stay connected to the internet,

Ahkasi Clay
    Participant

I love my Xbox.
    But I will be buying a PS4 because of the Xbox’s use of region coding, and having to stay connected to the internet,

llperez

I’m planning on going with the xbox. I don’t play games much, maybe only turn my system on 2-3 times a month, so i kinda like the overall abilities of the kinect and multimedia stuff the xbox has to offer like maybe I’ll get more use out of it. The quality of games should be about the same. The Kinect spying on me doesn’t bug me at all. The need for constant Internet connection is just part of having a system that is targeted to be more then just a video game system and more of an all around media center. The not borrowing games is crap idea and a direct slap to the face of the customers, but I seriously think I’ve only borrowed 2 games in the past 5 years( the portal games) so I doubt it impacts me much.

llperez

I’m planning on going with the xbox. I don’t play games much, maybe only turn my system on 2-3 times a month, so i kinda like the overall abilities of the kinect and multimedia stuff the xbox has to offer like maybe I’ll get more use out of it. The quality of games should be about the same. The Kinect spying on me doesn’t bug me at all. The need for constant Internet connection is just part of having a system that is targeted to be more then just a video game system and more of an all around media center. The not borrowing games is crap idea and a direct slap to the face of the customers, but I seriously think I’ve only borrowed 2 games in the past 5 years( the portal games) so I doubt it impacts me much.

lakano
    Participant

I’ll be switching back to Playstation.. The complete arrogance of Microsoft makes me cringe at the thought of giving them any more of my money

lakano
    Participant

I’ll be switching back to Playstation.. The complete arrogance of Microsoft makes me cringe at the thought of giving them any more of my money

HobbyOG
    Participant

XBOX ONE sounds communist..too many restrictions. PS4 it is.

HobbyOG
    Participant

XBOX ONE sounds communist..too many restrictions. PS4 it is.

The Scare Crow Rises
    Participant

You have to view the systems in very simple terms…

XBox 1- You pay $ 500 Dollars for a powerful entertainment device that will include the newly designed Kinect which will make your TV an interactive HUB where you can jump from Games, to the TV apps and onto the internet in seconds. Microsoft has also signed exclusive partnerships with some of the biggest Companies in the world (NFL, NBA, Comcast, Verizon and etc.) Sports fans will have a 1 of a kind experience on the new Xbox because of the Kinect and smartglass features feeding you score updates and fantasy stats, coupled with social interconnectivity and the ability to surf multiple Live events/Live TV and of course your Video Games.

The negative comes by way of accepting the Future of Cloud Gaming (constant connection) and DRM (Which is basically Publisher enforced License Registration for GAMES)…The used game issue is simple as well, you can trade and sell your games 1 time and the License of said game must be passed on to the new owner, BUT you can LEND or ALLOW up to 10 friends and family members to play your game by sharing said License through your XBox 1 via the Cloud…This means you and up to 10 friends can enjoy a game at the same time on multiple systems.

Microsoft also invested over 8 billion dollars in Games and Partnerships, This trumps Sony’s investment to their new system by 5 Billion Dollars.

Microsoft has a 3 different Operating Systems for all the Features included in the Box (Internet Browsing, Apps, Kinect functionabilty, Live TV streaming, RAM for downloading media and games while you play)

Bottom line opinion on the Xbox 1? You’ll be getting a high powered ENTERTAINMENT console that will have lots of various forms of entertainment. Some will say a “Video Game” console should only do that and The 1 will excel in that department but Its clear they have a lot of other ideas and partnerships to make the 1 a better all around Console for people who like having it all at the fingertips(TV, Sports, Social Media, Internet connectivity and of course GAMES)

THE REAL ONLY DOWNSIDE IS THE FACT YOU WILL NEED A INTERNET CONNECTION AT ALL TIMES IF YOU WANT THE FULL POWER OF THE X1

This is where I hear the loudest complaints, the fact you have to check in online to update and enhance your daily experience. But in a modern society where Gaming Systems cost 500 dollars and most people have The Internet at home I see no cause for concern…

PLAYSTATION 4 WILL HAVE DRM TOO, THIS IS A PUBLISHING ISSUE AND PIRACY HAS CAUSED GAME DEVELOPERS TO STAND UP FOR THEMSELVES AND DRM IS JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG. XBOX 1 AND PS4 HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE DRM POLICY, SORRY FOLKS…

ALSO SONY IS FOLLOWING MICROSOFT AND CHARGING FOR ONLINE MULTIPLAYER AND PS PLUS IN A MANDATORY FEATURE…

THEY BOTH HAVE EXPENSIVE VIDEO GAME CONSOLES, ONE (PS4) IS JUST TAILORED TO THAT ASPECT (Games) and that is fine if you have 400 dollars to pay for a Video Game System…That will be the main focus of PS4 VIDEO GAMES…

NOW I ASK PEOPLE, ARE YOU FINE WITH PAYING 400 DOLLARS PLUS FOR A VIDEO GAME SYSTEM??? WHEN ALL IT WILL FOCUS ON IS VIDEO GAMES???

I’M A DIE HARD GAMER TOO, BUT I’M ALSO A MARRIED FATHER OF 3 AND I CAN’T JUSTIFY A 400 DOLLAR PURCHASE OF A VIDEO GAME DRVICE THAT WILL LACK THE FEATURES and EXCLUSIVE PARTNERSHIP OF ITS MAIN COMPETITION (XBOX 1)

I’ll be getting both because I’m a baller like that LOL, BUT IN ALL HONESTY THE XBOX ONE WILL BE THE MORE VERSATILE CONSOLE and will justify the 500 dollar price tag…

Thank you for reading…

SubZero
      Participant

I’m glad you have that opinion about the X1, but the thing is is that I don’t really care that I can watch tv from it. I have a tv and digital cable box for that. Also, the only other thing I use my PS3 for besides games is Netflix, which you don’t have to pay for online to use. Whereas on the 360 and the X1 you have to pay for Live to use it. I’ll be paying for PS+ next gen because it has way more benefits than Live does, but if I just wanted to watch Netflix and nothing more, I wouldn’t need to buy it.

Also, Microsoft is run by douchebags so I can’t see myself giving them any of my cash

SubZero
      Participant

I’m glad you have that opinion about the X1, but the thing is is that I don’t really care that I can watch tv from it. I have a tv and digital cable box for that. Also, the only other thing I use my PS3 for besides games is Netflix, which you don’t have to pay for online to use. Whereas on the 360 and the X1 you have to pay for Live to use it. I’ll be paying for PS+ next gen because it has way more benefits than Live does, but if I just wanted to watch Netflix and nothing more, I wouldn’t need to buy it.

Also, Microsoft is run by douchebags so I can’t see myself giving them any of my cash

The Scare Crow Rises
    Participant

You have to view the systems in very simple terms…

XBox 1- You pay $ 500 Dollars for a powerful entertainment device that will include the newly designed Kinect which will make your TV an interactive HUB where you can jump from Games, to the TV apps and onto the internet in seconds. Microsoft has also signed exclusive partnerships with some of the biggest Companies in the world (NFL, NBA, Comcast, Verizon and etc.) Sports fans will have a 1 of a kind experience on the new Xbox because of the Kinect and smartglass features feeding you score updates and fantasy stats, coupled with social interconnectivity and the ability to surf multiple Live events/Live TV and of course your Video Games.

The negative comes by way of accepting the Future of Cloud Gaming (constant connection) and DRM (Which is basically Publisher enforced License Registration for GAMES)…The used game issue is simple as well, you can trade and sell your games 1 time and the License of said game must be passed on to the new owner, BUT you can LEND or ALLOW up to 10 friends and family members to play your game by sharing said License through your XBox 1 via the Cloud…This means you and up to 10 friends can enjoy a game at the same time on multiple systems.

Microsoft also invested over 8 billion dollars in Games and Partnerships, This trumps Sony’s investment to their new system by 5 Billion Dollars.

Microsoft has a 3 different Operating Systems for all the Features included in the Box (Internet Browsing, Apps, Kinect functionabilty, Live TV streaming, RAM for downloading media and games while you play)

Bottom line opinion on the Xbox 1? You’ll be getting a high powered ENTERTAINMENT console that will have lots of various forms of entertainment. Some will say a “Video Game” console should only do that and The 1 will excel in that department but Its clear they have a lot of other ideas and partnerships to make the 1 a better all around Console for people who like having it all at the fingertips(TV, Sports, Social Media, Internet connectivity and of course GAMES)

THE REAL ONLY DOWNSIDE IS THE FACT YOU WILL NEED A INTERNET CONNECTION AT ALL TIMES IF YOU WANT THE FULL POWER OF THE X1

This is where I hear the loudest complaints, the fact you have to check in online to update and enhance your daily experience. But in a modern society where Gaming Systems cost 500 dollars and most people have The Internet at home I see no cause for concern…

PLAYSTATION 4 WILL HAVE DRM TOO, THIS IS A PUBLISHING ISSUE AND PIRACY HAS CAUSED GAME DEVELOPERS TO STAND UP FOR THEMSELVES AND DRM IS JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG. XBOX 1 AND PS4 HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE DRM POLICY, SORRY FOLKS…

ALSO SONY IS FOLLOWING MICROSOFT AND CHARGING FOR ONLINE MULTIPLAYER AND PS PLUS IN A MANDATORY FEATURE…

THEY BOTH HAVE EXPENSIVE VIDEO GAME CONSOLES, ONE (PS4) IS JUST TAILORED TO THAT ASPECT (Games) and that is fine if you have 400 dollars to pay for a Video Game System…That will be the main focus of PS4 VIDEO GAMES…

NOW I ASK PEOPLE, ARE YOU FINE WITH PAYING 400 DOLLARS PLUS FOR A VIDEO GAME SYSTEM??? WHEN ALL IT WILL FOCUS ON IS VIDEO GAMES???

I’M A DIE HARD GAMER TOO, BUT I’M ALSO A MARRIED FATHER OF 3 AND I CAN’T JUSTIFY A 400 DOLLAR PURCHASE OF A VIDEO GAME DRVICE THAT WILL LACK THE FEATURES and EXCLUSIVE PARTNERSHIP OF ITS MAIN COMPETITION (XBOX 1)

I’ll be getting both because I’m a baller like that LOL, BUT IN ALL HONESTY THE XBOX ONE WILL BE THE MORE VERSATILE CONSOLE and will justify the 500 dollar price tag…

Thank you for reading…

doubledribbler
    Participant

I think when all is said and done, the Xbox One will be the better console. Assuming you have a reliable internet connection you will be in good shape. A lot of people mentioned the restrictions and I agree that a lot of what I have heard is not consumer friendly, but the companies that are developing and publishing games are also pushing for the same restrictions meaning that if Sony does not do more to protect their interests and keep more money in their pockets that Microsoft will likely get more big name exclusives going forward. The exclusives are also nice if you use any of them. Personally, I believe that someone will likely find a way to remove all the restrictions, though that may or may not limit some of the services.

My only arguments for Sony is that the PS+ program is pretty nice and not having to check in is great. With that said, they have announced that any games put out by 3rd parties will be up to that group to decide how to handle used games. I’m also not a fan of Sony because of how loosely they were guarding information and how they literally made updates that took away some nice features on the system. Basically you could either keep the features and never play online, get other updates or play new games or update.

doubledribbler
    Participant

I think when all is said and done, the Xbox One will be the better console. Assuming you have a reliable internet connection you will be in good shape. A lot of people mentioned the restrictions and I agree that a lot of what I have heard is not consumer friendly, but the companies that are developing and publishing games are also pushing for the same restrictions meaning that if Sony does not do more to protect their interests and keep more money in their pockets that Microsoft will likely get more big name exclusives going forward. The exclusives are also nice if you use any of them. Personally, I believe that someone will likely find a way to remove all the restrictions, though that may or may not limit some of the services.

My only arguments for Sony is that the PS+ program is pretty nice and not having to check in is great. With that said, they have announced that any games put out by 3rd parties will be up to that group to decide how to handle used games. I’m also not a fan of Sony because of how loosely they were guarding information and how they literally made updates that took away some nice features on the system. Basically you could either keep the features and never play online, get other updates or play new games or update.

BigMac12111
    Participant

If you’re buying to play video games, and get some free ones, get the PS4.

If you’re buying to play video games, watch some movies, talk to your friends, get the PS4.

If you’re buying to watch tv, browse the internet, and play games, get a PC.

Simple as that.

BigMac12111
    Participant

If you’re buying to play video games, and get some free ones, get the PS4.

If you’re buying to play video games, watch some movies, talk to your friends, get the PS4.

If you’re buying to watch tv, browse the internet, and play games, get a PC.

Simple as that.

wrector
    Participant

Halo keeps me an Xbox user, I can’t break the addiction.

rickyD510
      Participant

Yeah same here halo 2 is still my favorite online game of all time…the original lockout was the greatest map ever made

rickyD510
      Participant

Yeah same here halo 2 is still my favorite online game of all time…the original lockout was the greatest map ever made

NCarmean18
      Participant

I really don’t see the use of buying the Xbox One simply because of Halo, because it just isn’t the same game that it was whenever the Xbox 360 launched. Bungi sold the rights to 343 Studios in 2010, and 343 developed Halo 4, which to me was one of the worst Halo games to ever be released. Halo Wars was far and beyond the worst lol. But with Bungi making Destiny, I would say that Destiny will be a better game than the new Halo game, and you can get that on either platform.

NCarmean18
      Participant

I really don’t see the use of buying the Xbox One simply because of Halo, because it just isn’t the same game that it was whenever the Xbox 360 launched. Bungi sold the rights to 343 Studios in 2010, and 343 developed Halo 4, which to me was one of the worst Halo games to ever be released. Halo Wars was far and beyond the worst lol. But with Bungi making Destiny, I would say that Destiny will be a better game than the new Halo game, and you can get that on either platform.

wrector
    Participant

Halo keeps me an Xbox user, I can’t break the addiction.

RObin Padilla
    Participant

The new xbox has way too many restrictions in my opinion. PS played this whole thing smart. Remember a few months ago they announced that the PS4 was coming, but they never even showed the console or gave any specifics. Then I felt xbox had some pressure to rush the new xbox and make some announcement on it. Then the PS4 presentation came later. This gave the PS4 a chance to counter and make sure their presentation was better (cheaper, less restrictions, etc.) It will come down to personal preference but if you’re unsure choosing a PS4 is a no brainer.

RObin Padilla
    Participant

The new xbox has way too many restrictions in my opinion. PS played this whole thing smart. Remember a few months ago they announced that the PS4 was coming, but they never even showed the console or gave any specifics. Then I felt xbox had some pressure to rush the new xbox and make some announcement on it. Then the PS4 presentation came later. This gave the PS4 a chance to counter and make sure their presentation was better (cheaper, less restrictions, etc.) It will come down to personal preference but if you’re unsure choosing a PS4 is a no brainer.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

What if you’re on a family vacation or something and you’re not home to check in? What would that do to the system in regards to the Xbox One? Can you just catch up on “checking in” when you get back home?

And as far as loaning, sharing games, etc… What if you just want to take one of your games over to your friends place or something? I mean, is it not going to work on his Xbox One or something?

Which console is the more powerful gaming system with better graphics? That’s the main thing I care about to be honest.

Right on for everybody’s comments too. I think I’m close to knowing now what system I will buy.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

What if you’re on a family vacation or something and you’re not home to check in? What would that do to the system in regards to the Xbox One? Can you just catch up on “checking in” when you get back home?

And as far as loaning, sharing games, etc… What if you just want to take one of your games over to your friends place or something? I mean, is it not going to work on his Xbox One or something?

Which console is the more powerful gaming system with better graphics? That’s the main thing I care about to be honest.

Right on for everybody’s comments too. I think I’m close to knowing now what system I will buy.

peZt93
      Participant

The PS4 is more powerful. So if developers fully use that power, games could look better on the PS4.

http://www.sonyrumors.net/2013/05/27/why-the-ps4-is-50-more-powerful-than-xbox-one/

peZt93
      Participant

The PS4 is more powerful. So if developers fully use that power, games could look better on the PS4.

http://www.sonyrumors.net/2013/05/27/why-the-ps4-is-50-more-powerful-than-xbox-one/

The Scare Crow Rises
        Participant

Lol You fail SONY fan boy…

P.S

I have a 360 and a PS3 and will be buying BOTH the Xbox One and PS4 but I will not speculate and say which is better or more powerful until I enjoy both and let time decide…That is what rational people do , they wait until they’ve got enough hard evidence and then make a decision on whats better or more powerful.

You just pulled a Rumor off a site names Sony Rumor Dot Net and stated it as fact…FAIL FANBOY FAIL

The Scare Crow Rises
        Participant

Lol You fail SONY fan boy…

P.S

I have a 360 and a PS3 and will be buying BOTH the Xbox One and PS4 but I will not speculate and say which is better or more powerful until I enjoy both and let time decide…That is what rational people do , they wait until they’ve got enough hard evidence and then make a decision on whats better or more powerful.

You just pulled a Rumor off a site names Sony Rumor Dot Net and stated it as fact…FAIL FANBOY FAIL

SubZero
      Participant

PS4 will be able to have better graphics.

And to the shared games thing, it’s very complicated. No, you won’t be able to take your disc and play it on someone else’s system. There’s a lot of really dumb restrictions and conditions on who can play your game and how many times they can play it.

SubZero
      Participant

PS4 will be able to have better graphics.

And to the shared games thing, it’s very complicated. No, you won’t be able to take your disc and play it on someone else’s system. There’s a lot of really dumb restrictions and conditions on who can play your game and how many times they can play it.

The Scare Crow Rises
      Participant

If you are away from home on Vacation and your system is at home it will be in what is seen as a standby mode, connected via the Microsoft cloud network and your HOME network…This will ensure you never have to wait for an update/download when you TURN ON your system. If you take the system with you on Vacation you’ll connect via Wi Fi provided by the Hotel and Microsoft’s cloud network

As far as taking a game to a friends house, I assume you load your profile on the friends system anyway RIGHT??? WELL ANY GAME YOU PURCHASE WILL BE LOCKED ONTO YOUR PROFILE AND YOU NEVER NEED TO BRING THE DISC WITH YOU EVER AGAIN!!! That means you’ll never be guilt tripped into leading your new game to a friend when its time to leave. ALL YOUR GAMES ARE YOURS TO SHARE PROVIDED YOU GO THROUGH THE PROPER STEPS E.G SIGNING IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT ON Xbox LIVE…

AS FAR AS SYSTEM POWER AND GRAPHICS!!! DONT LET SONY OR MICROSOFT FOOL YOU. They but have great graphics provided from Computer Based AMD RADEON GRAPHICS CARDS VIA NVIDIA and will both be similar to the naked eye…

Here is the difference, SONY produced inferior Cross Platform games over the last generation and could very well do so this GEN. Microsoft won in that regard, so if you play CALL OF DUTY, MADDEN OR NBA 2K the Xbox 360 and presumably the Xbox One will have the better version annually.

Where PLAYSTATION excels is with their Exclusive Games like GOD OF WAR, UNCHARTED AND INFAMOUS, they have several other exclusives but they’re not all for everyone. SONY is a Japaneese Company 1st and foremost and they do tend to cater to their market of Eastern RPG and fantasy games. I think Sony will have some great looking games but they will be built around certain tastes much like NINTENDO only more mature of course…

A lot of the HATE/CRITICISM THE XBOX GETS SEEMS TO BE FROM YOUNGER/LESS ECONOMICALLY SECURE OR INTERNATIONAL GAMERS WITH TERRIBLE INTERNET CONNECTION AND A BUILT IN BIAS TOWARDS THE NORTH AMERICAN GAME COMPANY (XBOX ONE)

Grown ups with Jobs, family and the bills they come with already have HOME INTERNET and Multiple Tv’s and devices, they’re used to paying for services like Netflix, HULU, Xbox Live and PS Plus, they also want the most out of their devices and make the financial decisions on 400 or 500 Dollar Game Systems…

Smart Consumers know the rules of Innovation and New Technology, early adopters are aware of the risk they take when buying NEW TECH. The main complaints seem to be coming from a place of ignorance towards PIRACY/LICENSING POLICY AND CONNECTIVITY TO THE INTERNET. THEY HAVE TO PROTECT THEMSELVES, THEIR BUSINESS AFFILIATES AND MOST OF ALL THE CONSUMERS. DON’T BLAME MICROSOFT OR SONY FOR DRM AND PROTECTING A PUBLISHERS RIGHTS, BLAME HACKERS AND PIRATES THAT FORCE THIS TYPES OF POLICIES

IndianaBasketball
        Participant

Right on Scarecrow!

IndianaBasketball
        Participant

Right on Scarecrow!

The Scare Crow Rises
      Participant

If you are away from home on Vacation and your system is at home it will be in what is seen as a standby mode, connected via the Microsoft cloud network and your HOME network…This will ensure you never have to wait for an update/download when you TURN ON your system. If you take the system with you on Vacation you’ll connect via Wi Fi provided by the Hotel and Microsoft’s cloud network

As far as taking a game to a friends house, I assume you load your profile on the friends system anyway RIGHT??? WELL ANY GAME YOU PURCHASE WILL BE LOCKED ONTO YOUR PROFILE AND YOU NEVER NEED TO BRING THE DISC WITH YOU EVER AGAIN!!! That means you’ll never be guilt tripped into leading your new game to a friend when its time to leave. ALL YOUR GAMES ARE YOURS TO SHARE PROVIDED YOU GO THROUGH THE PROPER STEPS E.G SIGNING IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT ON Xbox LIVE…

AS FAR AS SYSTEM POWER AND GRAPHICS!!! DONT LET SONY OR MICROSOFT FOOL YOU. They but have great graphics provided from Computer Based AMD RADEON GRAPHICS CARDS VIA NVIDIA and will both be similar to the naked eye…

Here is the difference, SONY produced inferior Cross Platform games over the last generation and could very well do so this GEN. Microsoft won in that regard, so if you play CALL OF DUTY, MADDEN OR NBA 2K the Xbox 360 and presumably the Xbox One will have the better version annually.

Where PLAYSTATION excels is with their Exclusive Games like GOD OF WAR, UNCHARTED AND INFAMOUS, they have several other exclusives but they’re not all for everyone. SONY is a Japaneese Company 1st and foremost and they do tend to cater to their market of Eastern RPG and fantasy games. I think Sony will have some great looking games but they will be built around certain tastes much like NINTENDO only more mature of course…

A lot of the HATE/CRITICISM THE XBOX GETS SEEMS TO BE FROM YOUNGER/LESS ECONOMICALLY SECURE OR INTERNATIONAL GAMERS WITH TERRIBLE INTERNET CONNECTION AND A BUILT IN BIAS TOWARDS THE NORTH AMERICAN GAME COMPANY (XBOX ONE)

Grown ups with Jobs, family and the bills they come with already have HOME INTERNET and Multiple Tv’s and devices, they’re used to paying for services like Netflix, HULU, Xbox Live and PS Plus, they also want the most out of their devices and make the financial decisions on 400 or 500 Dollar Game Systems…

Smart Consumers know the rules of Innovation and New Technology, early adopters are aware of the risk they take when buying NEW TECH. The main complaints seem to be coming from a place of ignorance towards PIRACY/LICENSING POLICY AND CONNECTIVITY TO THE INTERNET. THEY HAVE TO PROTECT THEMSELVES, THEIR BUSINESS AFFILIATES AND MOST OF ALL THE CONSUMERS. DON’T BLAME MICROSOFT OR SONY FOR DRM AND PROTECTING A PUBLISHERS RIGHTS, BLAME HACKERS AND PIRATES THAT FORCE THIS TYPES OF POLICIES

Forte IV
    Participant

I don’t see the huge deal with sharing games honestly. Personally I’ve never shared a game before.

Forte IV
    Participant

I don’t see the huge deal with sharing games honestly. Personally I’ve never shared a game before.

Sewok15
      Participant

Good point….I was complaining about this and realized it is few and far between that this would even effect me. I rented a few games and have borrowed a couple but for the most part I know what I want and go out and buy it and keep it all for myself.

Sewok15
      Participant

Good point….I was complaining about this and realized it is few and far between that this would even effect me. I rented a few games and have borrowed a couple but for the most part I know what I want and go out and buy it and keep it all for myself.

aamir543
    Participant

Wait, so are you saying that if I have the Xbox1 that I MUST play or at least get online EVERY single day? I’m a busy guy, I don’t have time to get on every single day and it doesn’t make any sense. During the school year I rarely get on Monday-Thursday, so I think it’s ridiculous that I have to get online every single day.

Sewok15
      Participant

This is directly from IGN and they are pretty reliable.

The Xbox One does not require an Always Online Connection, but it does require a periodic internet connection. After connecting your console to the internet and logging in to your Xbox Live, you can play a game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console. [1] Offline gaming is not possible after these time limits until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV, Blu-ray and DVD movies offline.

As explained by Microsoft, “Xbox One is designed to run in a low-powered, connected state. This means your system, games and apps are always current and ready to play—no more waiting for updates. While a persistent connection is not required, Xbox One is designed to verify if system, application or game updates are needed and to see if you have acquired new games, or resold, traded in, or given your game to a friend. Games that are designed to take advantage of the cloud may require a connection. Because every Xbox One owner has a broadband connection, developers can create massive, persistent worlds that evolve even when you’re not playing.”

Sewok15
      Participant

This is directly from IGN and they are pretty reliable.

The Xbox One does not require an Always Online Connection, but it does require a periodic internet connection. After connecting your console to the internet and logging in to your Xbox Live, you can play a game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console. [1] Offline gaming is not possible after these time limits until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV, Blu-ray and DVD movies offline.

As explained by Microsoft, “Xbox One is designed to run in a low-powered, connected state. This means your system, games and apps are always current and ready to play—no more waiting for updates. While a persistent connection is not required, Xbox One is designed to verify if system, application or game updates are needed and to see if you have acquired new games, or resold, traded in, or given your game to a friend. Games that are designed to take advantage of the cloud may require a connection. Because every Xbox One owner has a broadband connection, developers can create massive, persistent worlds that evolve even when you’re not playing.”

The Scare Crow Rises
      Participant

you are such a busy guy that you can’t allow your 500 dollar game system check in online once a Day???

YET YOU FIND THE TIME TO CHECK IN HERE EVERYDAY, SMH…

The Scare Crow Rises
      Participant

you are such a busy guy that you can’t allow your 500 dollar game system check in online once a Day???

YET YOU FIND THE TIME TO CHECK IN HERE EVERYDAY, SMH…

llperez

No, whenever u do turn it on though if you haven’t played in a fewdays u would have to connect to the Internet before you can play. It says in the last 24 hours so as long you connect whenever you do play, you’ll be fine it doesn’t become a paperweight the second you go a few days without touching it.

llperez

No, whenever u do turn it on though if you haven’t played in a fewdays u would have to connect to the Internet before you can play. It says in the last 24 hours so as long you connect whenever you do play, you’ll be fine it doesn’t become a paperweight the second you go a few days without touching it.

aamir543
    Participant

Wait, so are you saying that if I have the Xbox1 that I MUST play or at least get online EVERY single day? I’m a busy guy, I don’t have time to get on every single day and it doesn’t make any sense. During the school year I rarely get on Monday-Thursday, so I think it’s ridiculous that I have to get online every single day.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login