This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar TRC1991 3 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    kobyz
    Participant

Let the Lillard/CJ era last chance to go anywhere with adding a legitimate big 3 partner:
    Nurkic/Collins/Hood/Hezonja/16th for Blake
    Portland next year:
    Lillard/Simmons
    CJ/Trent Jr
    Ariza/Little
    Free agent 3&d signing (maybe Jamychal Green, or Batum if he bought out)/Carmelo
    Blake/Whiteside

1+
    Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

Blake’s contract is huge and he is breaking down physically. That is way too much to give up for him.

1+
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    Participant

Nurkic, Collins, and a 1st rounder for Blake? That is a lot just to get the satisfaction of seeing Hezonja leave town.

2+
      kobyz
      Participant

You get to upgrade from nurkic to blake by giving 2 okay assets of collins and 16th, it’s not a lot by as collins still hasn’t prove himself enough and can’t stay healthy and 16th pick you never expect to be anything special… You have to go for this kind of move to try make something left of the Lillard CJ era

TRC1991
        Participant

You don’t watch enough basketball if you think Griffin is better than Nurkic

1+
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

blazers have enuff offensive weapons..at the trade deadline there were rumors the team was in interested in kevin love (another guy not known for defense) for whiteside..but the cavs acquired andre drummond…..portland needs some dawgs ,even though he’s getting up in age trevor ariza could’ve helped in in the bubble..they really miss harkless & aminu…. portland needs defenders….they ranked 27th in defensive rating at 114.8……and gave up 13 threes a game, 2nd most in the league…

with hassan whiteside’s 27 million dollar contract set to expire, they could use the money on wing defenders…maybe tristian thompson wants to play for a contender? he fits the bill for exactly what they need….devin vassell,achuiwa ,isaac okuro,jalen smith or sadiq bey, at least 1 of those players will be there when they select 14th in the draft…but portland seems to be in a win now mode….whiteside & nurkic played well 2gether in the bubble…will they bring whiteside back? collins injuries have limited his developement…..

1+
      OhCanada-
      Participant

I think they pass on Whiteside. Like you said they probably look for that 3/4 defender that can guard wings and forwards. Really Ariza is the perfect fit there but bringing in another guy who is a versatile defender would help. I think Jerami Grant is the perfect fit for them to go alongside Ariza. He is likely going to turn down his player option and test the market. I checked to see some other players that should be available in free agency and I think Jamychal Green, Marcus Morris, Derrick Jones Jr. and Moe Harkless which would make sense.

But if they could get Jerami Grant to replace Whiteside and bring back Ariza than that would bring in two versatile defenders that can also space the floor and pretty much covers all your wings and forwards. Now they can hide their offensive stars on defense as Ariza and Grant pretty much can gaurd all players in the league aside from your speedy gaurds like Kemba and your big Centers like Embiid. This would allow Collins to play his natural backup C position instead of having him in there at PF, which would allow you to manage Nurkic’s minutes as well and keep them around 30 mpg.

Anthony is an excellent fit with this team so I’d resign him too and in the draft just go best player available but I’m pretty sure Rodney Hood is gonna move on and find a situation where he can get big minutes on a team like Detroit, Charlotte…somehwere bad. He shot 49% from three last year and probably wants more touches.

Lilliard, Simons
      Mccollum, Trent
      Anthony, Ariza
      Grant, Little
      Nurkic, Collins
      —-1st round pick—

bt102bt102
    bt102
    Participant

Nah. That contract is big and there is still a lot of uncertainty with him. Besides I think Nurkic is probably the second best player on the team and he is on a really nice team friendly contract. If they can get him without giving up their big 3 and giving up too many assets then sure.

1+
    sniper
    Participant

Nurkic is better than Griffin and like five years younger.

2+
      kobyz
      Participant

Nurkic is fool’s gold

OhCanada-
        Participant

Nurkic is todays ideal NBA Center. Quick enough to switch onto a PG momentarily or to be a help defender, big enough to gaurd the Embiid’s, Towns of the league, skilled in the post, can shoot and can pass. No holes and wont demand the max contract.

1+
    Choppy
    Participant

Detroit say yes as soon as they hear ‘Nurkic’. They’d take a bag of chips and a collection of belly button lint at this stage…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login