This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar I miss Flip 3 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    OhCanada-
    Participant

But you still think will have a good career.

Every year it seems that I am low on a guard and he ends up being great. Seems to happen alot with Kentucky players…Bledsoe and Booker for sure I wasn’t very high on. Alot of people weren’t high on Jamaal Murray but I actually watched him play in person before he went to Kentucky.

This year the guy is Tyrese Maxey. Got him in the late 1st round wouldn’t be surprised to see him go in the lottery and become a star player. I just don’t like his game, its based on getting to the rim and finishing but he doesn’t have top tier athletisism to be doing that against NBA bigs. Also not a big fan of Quickley who is getting consideration in the 1st round or Hagans.

On the other end I am always high on a Center and he goes undrafted or something wild. Like Bruno Fernando and Naz Reid last year I had them in the lottery 😂. This year thats probably Oturu, Nnaji and Casey Jr. Just wanna put them in my lottery but it looks like they are going late 1st round…(hope its true Raptors will turn one of thee guys into a superstar).

bt102bt102
    bt102
    Participant

The guy that I’m not high on compared to everyone else is Nico Mannion. I just don’t see and have him in the 50’s on my board and only a little bit higher on my mock. Precious is another one. I wouldn’t be surprised if he puts it together, but his offense is a mess and his defense wasn’t that much better. I don’t think he’s a first round talent. I also am in love with Desmond Bane apparently as my friends are saying and Grant Riller is another one of those examples for me liking them.

OhCanada-
      Participant

I’,m starting to really get your point about Precious. I think theres a chance he slips to the 2nd round. I’m still high on him but his shooting is suspect and he never really honed a role in Memphis. so he comes in as a raw talent guy.

bt102bt102
        bt102
        Participant

haha. I don’t think he’s a first round talent, but I expect him to go in the first round. Based off what I’m hearing, it sounds like his range is roughly from 15-25 but some have him higher. Could be smoke, but I really don’t believe in him. The idea of him is better than the reality, and something else worth noting, his advanced numbers were horrific. I still remain confident that if Wiseman played on Memphis for the entire season, Precious would still be at Memphis right now. He’s a high usage big man that sucks on offense, and really can’t defend 3’s and 4’s. Someone will get hooked to the idea of him and take him but if he doesn’t go in the lottery, I wouldn’t be surprised if he is out of the league by his sophomore year. I know that’s bold but he’s not good.

Zouldiers
    Participant

Xavier Tillman for me. His main strength is post defense and there’s not a lot of post players left in the league but he seems to be a high IQ guy so I could see him figuring it out on the next level.

OhCanada-
      Participant

I’d say his main skill at the next level is passing. Teams love that passing big now. I think Toronto may pick him up and let Ibaka, Gasol walk to save room for Van Vleet. I hope I’m wrong though and we can get another big, he just seems like a guy they would want due to his passing, floor spacing potential and solid fundamentals. He reminds me of Kyle O’Quinn who I think is very underrated and would actually rather see Toronto just sign and start him with Boucher backing him up.

OhCanada-
      Participant

What makes you think he cant defend?

bt102bt102
        bt102
        Participant

Advanced stats. Getting steals and blocks doesn’t exactly mean your a good defender.

Choppy
    Participant

Might be obvious, but I’m not that high on LaMelo. Talented player, but I can envisage a scenario where he flames out as often as I see him becoming an all star. There is so much gap between his potential outcomes. Wouldn’t surprise me either way, but if I was a GM with a chance to sign him, he’d keep me up at nights…

2+
      OhCanada-
      Participant

Add me to the list. His draft stock reminds me of Josh Jackson’s.

1+
    I miss Flip
    Participant

I’m really unsure about Deni Avdija. Dude has tremendous IQ on both sides of the court and plays with high energy. However I’m not convinced he’s going to be able to shoot at the next level. He’s shot roughly 58% free throw the last two years across several different levels, and while he has made some small improvements in his shot lately, I’m not convinced. In the same sense Dragan Bender was drafted high because of Porzingis, I am worried that Avdija’s hype is largely built up by Doncic’s success. I hope he proves me wrong though.

2+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login