This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar dmo21 4 days, 2 hours ago.

• Author
    OhCanada-
    Participant

In a long time. Too bad this is probably the last time we see it since LBJ says they should fire whoever thought of it. The 4-6 seeds can’t rest anymore because if you slip to that 7th seed your gonna be in 1 or 2 play ins. 7-8 are working like dogs and then you’ve got you 9 to 11 teams all scrapping too.

In European football/soccer teams have a delegation/promotion system. Every country has its own league. For each league there is a minor leagues most of the time a few. Bottom 2 or 3 teams go to the countries 2nd league and the top teams of the 2nd league move up to the first league every year. Also the top teams in each league qualify for prestigious European tournaments. This makes it so every single game you watch has value no matter what part of the season you are watching.

The NBA system which rewards teams that quit on the season to get a draft pick should actually be considered a disgrace to competitive sports overall. The play in tournament is a step in the right direction. Two other things that should probably be done is fixing the NBA draft so losing is not encouraged and possibly getting rid of the draft and rookie scale contracts entirely. Maybe have a system where the max amount of years and money you can offer a rookie increases based on the amount of games you lost instead.

1+
    Zouldiers
    Participant

Nah, it will stay. LeQueen is just complaining about it because he has to play in it lol. The hypocrisy of a man my goodness

2+
    RUDEBOY-RUDEBOY-
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

lebron is my favorite player,but like Zoudiers mentioned above he’s being a hypocrist..becuz in march he said if teams like the kings,grizzlies,pelicans and blazers should battle it out for the last playoffs spots….

the play in games has some positives & negatives..the negative it can be unfair to a team that fought for the 7th seed to have to compete for a playoff spot..and maybe lose and fair to make it…

.i remember a couple of times in the past there were teams in the western conference that won 50 gms,but didnt make the playoffs…becuz the competition was so tough…

1+
    dmo21
    Participant

I like it for this year as there was a lot of player games missed due to covid by healthy players. So the teams records aren’t really accurate to how good they actually are this year.

But for years after this, I don’t really like the idea. You’re just lowering the bar and diluting the importance of regular season games. If they do keep this in the future, they should probably have to weight it a bit as a 7th seed with 50 wins could lose 2 games to a 10th seed with 30 wins and not make the playoffs. I don’t think that is fair.

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login