This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar xdanish020 4 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    festar35festar35
    festar35
    Participant

Not sure about you guys, but I’m a big proponent of fit as much if not more than talent. This team has an abundance of talent, but it is a terrible fitting team. Simmons & Embiid don’t fit well, Embiid & Horford overlap making Horford’s skillset redundant, in turn Simmons & Horford don’t fit well either.

Simmons needs space to operate, so does Embiid & Horford is great as a high post facilitator who works very well with a team of shooters. Just my 2 cents, but this is how I’d look at building the Sixers in the Summer if things don’t go as planned.

Trade Ben Simmons for Bradley Beal – Washington need to restart & Simmons is a hell of a talent to do it with. Beal is a prime floor spacer who is a very capable pick’n’roll ball handler which means he & Embiid would do some real damage together.

Trade Al Horford for Justin Jackson, Tim Hardaway (expiring deal) & Jalen Brunson – Justin Jackson has reasonable potential as a 3/D player, I’m not sure he gets there but low risk/reward. Hardaway is expiring 20mil, but he is actually a very good shooter which will help spread the floor more off the bench. Jalen Brunson is a capable PG & next to a guy like Beal he can play on or off the ball as well as play solid defense.

Trade Josh Richardson for Corey Joseph + 2 x 2nd Round Picks – I really like Richardson, but I think he becomes a little redundant with all the others on the roster. Joseph brings adequate shooting, with a solid ability to run the 2nd unit & is one hell of a pesky defender. Richardson gives Sac-Town a solid 3-guard rotation & insurance if Bogdanovic bidding gets bit high for their liking.

I’d re-sign O’Quinn as well.

C. Embiid/O’Quinn
    PF. Harris/Scott
    SF. Thybulle/Korkmas
    SG. Beal/Hardaway
    PG. Brunson/Joseph

2+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Pretty reasonable trades, not really outside f the realm of possibility. Usually when you see trade ideas they are terrible but these arent bad. Although I’m not sure Ben Simmons can net you a Bradley Beal type talent. 76ers would be the best team in the league if they had Beal instead of Simmons.

I definitely wouldn’t trade Beal for Simmons, and Ben is entering his 5 year $180 milllion contract next year so that whole “when he develops his jumpshot” and “potential” thing goes out the window and its gonna become about what the guy actually gives you. Right now I see Simmons as an all defensive player type talent and one of the best defenders in the league and a great glue guy that can be the ultimate swiss army knife on the right team. I dont see him as a first, second or third scoring option. I dont see him as a vocal leader of any team. Maybe that will change as he is still developing but with that contract kicking in that would be a tough bet to make especially with Beal wanting to be in Washington.

1+
    bt102bt102
    bt102
    Participant

Josh Richardson is a very good player and i think he fits on this team. I also really dont see the point in trading Horford to Dallas for expiring deals. Simmons to DC, sure. I think trading for Dlo makes more sense even though i dont want Simmons in GSW, espcially since I live near a bunch of GSW bandwagoners and it drives me crazy. I think they need to package Horford/Zhaire Smith, and a couple picks to Portland for CJ McCollum.

sniper
    Participant

They don’t need drastic changes. Before I started trading all-stars, I’d just try to upgrade the bench production. Everyone talks about Iguodala and Collison going to one LA team or the other, but Philly could use both of them.

If Jonah Bolden, Zaire Smith, Neto and O’Quinn aren’t going to play, some combination of them could fetch somebody who would.

If nothing else, I would move Horford to the bench (not cut his minutes, just stagger them with Embiid’s), and start Ennis or Korkmaz, hoping one of them could become more productive playing more off of Simmons and Embiid.

Bgoody
    Participant

I like the original trade idea but the Horford and Smith for McCollum is ridiculous. No chance Portland would do that. PS nobody wants Zhaire Smith or Horford.

canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

Beal for Simmons is a great deal for both sides; only problem is philly would have to play Beal or Richardson out of position at pg. to say Simmons is not worth the same at beal is ludicrous. Simmons in the right system surrounded by 4 shooters would be a much better system than anything the wizards have had in the last 40 years. If the sixers could trade Harris for a starting point guard who can shoot the 3 at a high rate, they would be the favourites in the east.

xdanish020
    Participant

it’s Horford….they need a stretch 4 like Bertrans, Gallo or Marcus Morris….maybe even get Redick back if nothing else but they really need another shooter on that team, Horford doesn’t fit at all.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login