This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by armchairgmarmchairgm armchairgm 3 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

Open NBA Jobs Who Would You Hire? Here would be my hires some jobs some still between two depending on direction team wants to go or if first choice would take job.
    Bulls- Chris Fleming
    Rockets- Jeff Van Gundy or Stephen Silas
    Indiana- Mike D’Antoni or Dan Craig
    Pelicans- Jason Kidd or Mike D’Antoni
    Thunder- Mo Cheeks or Becky Hammon
    Sixers- Ty Lue
    Kings GM- Calvin Booth

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

Chris Finch is a name I’d keep my eye on as a possibility for a few openings, particularly New Orleans and Houston, each of which he has previous experience as an assistant.

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

i think mike d’antoni gets the pelicans gig….his offense system will do wonders for lonzo’s game……

2+
    sniper
    Participant

Bulls- Atkinson
    Rockets- Jarron Collins
    Indiana- Lue
    Pelicans- Joerger
    Thunder- D’Antoni if CP3’s around, otherwise maybe Kidd
    Sixers- Donovan or Udoka if Donovan takes another job
    Kings GM- I’ll do it for $40k a year. And you know what, I really don’t think I can do any worse.

I’d like to know other people’s opinions — how close are we *really* to Becky or another woman becoming an NBA head coach? Are the interviews she’s getting entirely serious, or are they maybe PR moves by some teams?

What is the best situation for the first female head coach? Does she need a team with an unquestioned leader, like a CP3 or Harden or LeBron, who can get the whole team in line behind her? Or is a squad of young, up-and-coming guys, like the Spurs or Nuggets, better?

I’m really not sure how close it is to happening, which is why I’m asking. My personal opinion is that I wish the Spurs would annoint Becky as Pop’s successor, assuming 1) the players buy in, and 2) Timmy doesn’t want the job.

armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

I think NBA is to the point if a management group for a team thinks a woman is the best candidate for the job they would hire her. For Becky Hammon I think a young rebuilding team that is focused on player development and their is no real pressure to win/get into playoffs just showing improvement would be the ideal first job.

1+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Word is Raptors assistant Adrian Griffin is pursuing a position and should be a top candidate for a Head Coach position. He’s been an assistant coach for 12 seasons now coaching under Scott Skiles for 3 years, Tom Thibodeau for 5 years, Billy Donavan for 2 years and most recently 2 years with the Championship Toronto Raptors team who’s coaching staff also won Coach of the Year for Nurse this season. The NBA needs more black head coaches and no assistant coach deserves it more than him.

armchairgmarmchairgm
      armchairgm
      Participant

He originally was the top target of the Bulls then the untimely domestic abuse allegations came out and I think he has kind of cooled as a name to get a head job. I agree he should get a chance by someone.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login