This topic contains 21 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Andv1 Waiting 4 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    HobbyOG
    Participant

You think OKC will buyout CP3? If so where does he end up? If he ends up with the Lakers, him and Rondo will fight everyday…

I can’t name more then 3 people on the OKC roster, they will suck and attendance will be bad, they won’t get key free agents the next couple of years.. OKC back to Seattle?? 

OKC gets The Rockets 2026 first round draft pick…that player could poentially be in 5th grade right now..

Choppy
    Participant

It’s a LOT of money to dump on a buyout. I can’t see it happening.  

juves4783
    Participant

i have a feeling the heat may take on paul’s contract.  they can offer a lot of expiring contracts in dragic, olynyk, james johnson and meyers leonard.  his contract and butler would fall in line and they likely won’t have to add anything to the pot since OKC got picks out of houston anyways.

it’d be a small victory for OKC if this were to happen.  they may not get any big time FAs but there’s still opportunity to take shots at restricted FAs like ingram, jaylen brown, lavert, hield, trier, sabonis, saric, prince, malik beasley and siakam in hopes of a malcolm brogdon type acquisition.  maybe they can maneuver a scenario where 2-3 of this group can’t be matched by their team and OKC builds around adams and SGA.  they also have bazley, dort, diallo or ferguson who were all considered high ceiling prospects at one time or another.

the team has a long way to go but i appreciate sam presti’s moves after deciding to blow the team up. 

high floor
    Participant

is Dallas. They don’t have picks to convey….. but OKC has so many perhaps they would consider expiring money & young players instead. Possible players that Dallas could include are;

• Tim Hardaway Jr
    • Courtney Lee
    • Dwight Powell
    • Maxi Kleber
    • Delon Wright
    • Justin Jackson
    • Seth Curry

CP’s money would be off the books when they have to pay Doncic.

juves4783
      Participant

detroit is another team.   they could send reggie jackson, tony snell and bruce brown.  could also swap adams for drummond as drummond has been rumored to be on the block for a while.   

all be dependent on if griffin would allow it.  i know paul and him have had some tense moments since split in LA.  jackson would probably have to be re-routed or bought out.  

OhCanada-
        Participant

Thats another bridge burnt by Paul. Him and Griffin dont get along.

CoachWyers
    Participant

OKC is not buying out CP3, they may reroute him to another team at his request like Miami, but they will not buy him out.  They have said they are fine with him being part of their core as they are not going into full rebuild.  They want to compete while picking up draft picks.

HobbyOG
    Participant

I hope Seattle investors buy this stake…

The 22 percent stake in the Oklahoma City Thunder previously owned by Aubrey McClendon is currently available for sale, according to a Bloomberg report from Scott Soshnick.

The sale will be run by the boutique investment bank Inner Circle Sports.

SubZero
      Participant

You know the only reason I got on OKC is cause I was born there, but I don’t even remember it, we moved away when I was 2. I always hated the thought of moving back to Seattle but now that Russ is gone I might actually want it to happen. We may quit being a laughing stock and would actually become a free agent destination

SeattleSuperChronics
        Participant

There’s no way they move back to Seattle with out a new Arena and it’s a long shot. If any team comes it will be memphis. 

weballin.net
    Participant

I don"t know what OKC is doing. Gallo, Shai and picks was ok for PG13. But Paul against Westbrook even with picks seems a reach. Paul is not the player he used to be and has such a big contract, hope they will get some good young players in return. 

Another move I’m not feeling at all is the trade of Jerami Grant. He’s a good defender, improved shooter and not even 25, he is the type of player you can keep in the starting 5 for a good salary, there was just no need to move him and now they don’t have a rising PF anymore…

OhCanada-
      Participant

They are clearing house and tanking. Before Hinkie there was a man named Sam Presti. He can tank with the best of them.

BothTeamsPlayedHard
        Participant

Conceding that they will have a 14 percent chance (the same odds that spurred the Knicks, Suns, and Cavs to the transformative – hehehe- offseasons they have had) at the top pick doesn’t change the fact hey didn’t get much value for Grant or Westbrook. Jerami Grant went for a pick that is almost certainly to be in the 24th to 30th range, which can be bought on draft night just about every year. Russell Westbrook has a ton of money owed to him, but how many of those picks they picked up this week are going to be needed to move Chris Paul off their books?

OhCanada-
          Participant

I feel that guys like Hinkie or Presti want to miss out on that top pick, just as an excuse to tank another year and continue to stockpile assets. Like the NBA version of that A&E show Hoarders.

Andv1 Waiting
          Participant

Not disagreeing with the pick observation..The picks received in grant(is definitely low) and Russ trade are probably going to be low the houston picks hold the higher of the two values as the time they come to use the could be high we also get pick swaps which means if they get higher/better we can switch for our lower/worse pick if we are a better team at the time.

As for both trades:

Grant was a salary dump trade and he probably would have made us to good for a low pick and would have probably ended up with a middle of the pack sort of pick.Say 10-11 spot out West sort of thing.

Westbrook-Presti straight up traded him to whatever team Russ wanted(due to loyalty and probably a handshake agreement post K.D if we werent at least a threat to contend)…He probably could have traded him for more to a worse team but Presti didn’t.

As for CP3 how many picks will be needed is all subjective we could possible trade him to a team for players with lower salary+ more of an average level player and not need to give up any picks-See possible Heat deals out there…Or teams that think they need him to put them either back in the mix or over the top..

mcbailey
      Participant

Westbrook isn’t the player he used to be either, though. It was about an even trade to me without the picks, so I was alright with the trade. Grant is whatever. It doesn’t tip the scale either way, so if they got a pick for him, great.

As for what they’re doing, it’s pretty obvious. They completely retooled their roster and tried to get as many assets as they could. Who knows if it works, but it’s better than the purgatory of being stuck just outside the lottery until Westbrook retires.

cohenbc1
    Participant

Sounds like CP3 is going somewhere, probably Miami, sooner or later. But what about Adams, who makes no sense on a tanking team? I think of him as one of the 5 or so most underappreciated guys in the league. He’s as good as Capela or Nurkic or Marc Gasol. He could really make a difference for someone.

OhCanada-
      Participant

Adams is also only 25 (turns 26 in a week). For whatever reason I tend to think of him as one of those solid 35 year old vets.

Cynthia
        Participant

It’s the grunge…without his long hair and beard he looked like he was 15. Once he grew that hair out though he became a grown a$$ man real fast.

This progression is only about 5 years:

OhCanada-
      Participant

dbl

mavsatx
    Participant

How about cp3 to pacers. Just sayin 

Andv1 Waiting
    Participant

Cp3 buyout…Only if he gives up 90% of his contract so essentially leaves 100+ million on the table and only takes like 20 million which would get strectched out over 5-10 years..Which judiging by how the idiot wanted a max deal and crippled his team I honestly don’t see him doing..That is the only way I see OKC giving him a buyout..

I think we would rather take a Melo like trade we take on an average but way cheaper deal back(Dennis S who also wanted out).

Potetntial teams he could go to post buyout(if it did somehow happen):

Lakers-Probably unlikely but he could do it just to troll people.

Clippers. This would be so funny if he did this.

Heat-If he somehow believes he is still a starter,this also results in Dragic trade.

GSW,76ers or Boston would all be wildcards as they could use him in a 6th man roll.

4 players most people on here have heard of on here: Steven Adams,Dennis Schroder,Danillo Gallinari and SGA(from Clippers) and the odd person has heard of Nerlens noel and Terrance Ferguson…But Attendance will probably be quite low due to both P.G and Russ leaving. We aso probably don’t want key free agents for at least the next 5 years at best..As by then SGA,our picks,Diallo/Ferguson/Darius and Adams(who would be a vet then) will all be coming into their own..Moving to seattle probably won’t happen, but would be cool. 

2026 is a long way away no point and getting hype for an 11 year old see Jullian newman as to why not to…The guy didn’t grow and is probably not even going to make a D1 school…We are better off waiting until 2025 college season or 2026 draft.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login