This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar OhCanada- 4 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    bdiddy5115
    Participant
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

Really enjoyed the article. Your comparison of Hayes to Russell is spot on.I think Patrick Williams will be amongst the 5 on draft night.I like him better than Okoro. Mannion will be a better pro than college player. I didn’t see Aleksej Pokuseski on your list. I hear some teams r projecting him as a lottery pick.

1+
      bdiddy5115
      Participant

@RUDEBOY- Thanks man! I had Pokusevski in at #30 just because of the recent hype surge, but he’s about as raw/unproven as they come. He does move and handle well for 7-footer his age, but I think he’d have to be a stash possibility for maybe 2 years before becoming an NBA player.

@OhCanada- Appreciate it! I think Williams is naturally harder to evaluate because he was playing in an egalitarian FSU system where he didn’t have very many opportunities to flash his individual talent. And I’d have to disagree on his handle — he’s pretty natural and fluid when given the opportunity, but he did look raw at times — though I credit this mostly to not getting the freedom to use/develop it. I do agree his perimeter game needs polish, but I see him as a versatile small ball 4-man who can take bigger guys off the dribble and otherwise cut off-ball or spot up from the corner. I don’t think he plays much 3 in the pros.

@canadabasetballisrising I think both guys would benefit from another year. Lawson was Top-40 entering the season for me, but he completely plateaued his Sophomore year — I doubt he’d get drafted if he declared. I like Nembhard’s chances more (in the late 2nd), but he’d also benefit from another season. But his PG instincts at 6’5″ are enticing, and Florida’s system tends to deflate individual statistics.

OhCanada-
        Participant

Frank Martin is really selfish when it comes to developing players his system is tailor made to suit his own needs. He has benched Lawson plenty of times when he tries to play iso ball and take matters into his own hands. I think Lawson has some untapped potential offensively and can guard guys at the next level. Reminds me of Terence Ross could be a sleeper undrafted guy.

OhCanada-
    Participant

I don’t know what to think of Patrick Williams. What role does he play at the next level, seems like a big time tweener, not because of his size but his skilllset. He’s not really explosive attacking closeouts or off the dribble, has limited ballhandling skills and hasnt proven to be a consistent enough 3 point shooter.

Btw great article your analysis makes alot of sense like the Kenrich Williams “utility” role statement.

1+
    canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

Where do you have AJ lawson and Andrew Nehmbard on yoour big board? top 60, or undrafted?
    What are your thoughts on their long term careers, if its euroleague, or nba?

canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

Where do you have AJ lawson and Andrew Nehmbard on your big board? top 60, or undrafted?
    What are your thoughts on their long term careers, if its euroleague, or nba?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login