This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Scrooge McDuck 4 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Wow never thought that was coming. Good Head Coach available I bet he ends up with the 76ers.

canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

who do you think would are the leading candidates for the nets for next year?
    I have: Ty Lue as the favorite.. I don’t know if they would go with a college coach..

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

It’s a shame to see him go. Don’t know if he was fired or resigned voluntarily. Details are kind of sketchy. The guy is a grinder who basically inherited a team with nothing and was able to establish a culture and identity that somehow got them back to respectability and to the point where they became a free agent destination. Not sure if he ultimately would have been the right coach to take the next step, but it’s a shame he won’t get the opportunity to see the process through. Now that he’s available, teams like the Knicks and Cavs should definitely take a hard look at him this offseason.

OhCanada-
    Participant

The official report says it was mutual but idk about that.

BothTeamsPlayedHard-BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    Participant

Kyrie gonna Kyrie.

1+
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

If he’s Smart he’ll Turn Down the Knicks job if it’s offered to him.

armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

Early names I have heard are Ty Lue and Mark Jackson for the job. Out of those two I would go with Ty Lue.

Wetalkinboutpractice
    Participant

He was With the Knicks as an assistant during the D’antoni era. Would love to see him back there. He is a NY native. And is repped by CAA so he may have a pre existing relationship with Leon Rose. Not sure how Dolan would feel about hiring someone who the cross town rival Net’s discarded though.

OhCanada-
      Participant

It would be great for the media to create some sort of rivalry.

Hitster
    Participant

Something must have happened the team are in a play off berth albeit with a below 0:500 record. Sean Marks their GM has done a sound job and likely was involved in hiring Kenny.
    Kenny is a respected coach and will likely get a few offers from teams who may be rebuilding and he’ll get a few calls about being a lead Assistant too if he wants to bide his time or might not want the hassle of being the top guy.

Scrooge McDuck
    Participant

By most standards Atkinson was very successful. D Lo became an all star, dinwiddie looking like one, Harris one of the top 3 pt shooters. Lavert, prince, Allen, all progressed. kyrie and durant are toxic personalities. Not new to me.

2+
    xdanish020
    Participant

def Kyrie’s doing….Atkinson is a good coach, they were better last year with DLo and LaVert hurt most of the year. I think LaVert is a nice player but Kyrie just seems to bring a cancerous way about him to teams. Not sure what it is, but tey should be better and have been without him.

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

I think he was informed he would be Fired At the end of the season. He must’ve told they why wait? And he left and it became ‘mutual”. Players REVOLT, mostly the vets like KD,Kyrie and Jordan. Who had lost his starting job. But the game after Kenny got fired, Jordan was back in starting lineup.From what I saw,he did a great job of helping the youngstss the blossom.

Scrooge McDuck
      Participant

From what I read DeAndre was not in favor of his firing. And the youngsters were particularly Jarrett Allen were looking promising far before this year.

1+
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

I think he was informed he would be Fired At the end of the season. He must’ve told they why wait? And he left and it became ‘mutual”. Players REVOLT, mostly the vets like KD,Kyrie and Jordan. Who had lost his starting job. But the game after Kenny got fired, Jordan was back in starting lineup.From what I saw,he did a great job of helping the young guys to blossom.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login