This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by NorrinRaddNorrinRadd NorrinRadd 3 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

I’m not sure, but if I had to choose the POY today in college basketball, I think I choose Ayo as of now. He has played against tough competition all year long, Illinois is pretty high ranked, and his performance today was ridonkulous. I think he has out done the slowing down Luka based on competition. Anybody else got Ayo today? Or any player other than Garza?

1+
    Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

I think Garza is probably pretty close to a lock. They basically dubbed him as the winner early in the year and he got off to such a runaway start that he has probably been pencilled in as the winner by most. Ayo has at least played his way into the conversation though. What’s interesting is that they both play in the same conference and you could easily make the argument that dosunmu has been better in big ten competition. So even if Garza wins the National POY it’s possible Dosunmu takes the Big Ten POY award.

2+
      NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
      NorrinRadd
      Participant

Garza a lock huh? That’s what I thought too. My position has changed a little on Garza obviously , although it wouldn’t surprise me if he won. But, has that ever happened? Anyone ever taken the Wooden award without winning POY in his own conference? I can’t seem to find that one. Don’t think it has ever happened yet, but I could be wrong. That would be an interesting twist to the season, loved your point there. The BIG 10 has been tough this year and what you said could very well happen.

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
      NorrinRadd
      Participant

You might really be right now with Ayo out indefinitely.

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Guess I’ll ramble on this post since nobody else is giving a shout out to Cade Cunningham, who might have played his way back into the Wooden award hunt. He is legit! Cunningham willed the win in overtime against Oklahoma and even came up with the closing steal. He had a stellar 40 point performance with a double double and having one of his better defensive days. He still could turn the ball over less, but wow! What a game!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login