This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Hitster 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Just thought I’d make a single post that we can announce the free agent frenzy signings and trades here…

Piggy backing off of a couple posts that we can add to the conversation here if needed…
    https://www.nbadraft.net/forums/topic/woj-trade/

https://www.nbadraft.net/forums/topic/dejounte-murray-to-atlanta-hawks/

Free agency begins 6PM Eastern time today.

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

KD demanding a trade from the Nets… any thoughts where he goes?

Hitster
    Participant

Lakers for either LBJ or Westbrook and a pick?

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
      NorrinRadd
      Participant

Durant to the Lakers would be interesting. I wouldn’t give up LBJ or AD in a trade where the other star Durant is the one being demanding.

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Lonnie Walker IV to the Lakers

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
      NorrinRadd
      Participant

Troy Brown, Jr. too… I like the Lonnie Walker pickup in particular.

Mr. Jewboy
    Participant

I did really like Lonnie Walker as a prospect and as a person from what I could see. However, TBH, I havent seen any Spurs game this year. So could you tell me why you like the pickup? He isn’t too good of a shooter, which is what Lebron needs. He’s the same height as Kendrick Nunn and THT.
    As a Lakers fan, I would love to justify this, can you help?

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

First off, I’m higher on THT than others. I love defense. Lonnie can play some D. I think he’s a lot like THT already and with Nunn and Reaves there, they have some shooting. (Remember that Nunn didn’t even play last year.) Lakers get a lot out of former good prospects such as Malik Monk that contribute. Plus if they land either Kyrie or somebody that shoots they will obviously have shooting. This might sound a bit crazy, but AD is the guy I would build around. And I would do a rebuild right now unless the price for another franchise player is somehow cheap. It’s nice to build around LeBron and AD if the Lakers can, but if they only bow down to what LeBron does then they’ll end up like Brooklyn. Lakers need talented youth on the fly with yes, shooting but more so defense. I’m sour on a lot of moves the Lakers have done. The noteworthy moves they have done so far that are positive however are imo Scotty Pippen, Jr. signing a 2 way, re-signing Kendric Nunn, and signing Lonnie Walker.

Secondly it’s Walker’s prime around the corner. If his shot were to fall, it’s any time now. Many players improve the shot one they are vets. Not a guarantee he will, but we go at worst a solid defender for cheap. But it seems to me his TS% is decent and it’s improved since entering the league. That’s why as a Lakers fan I justify. Hope that elaboration helps.

1+
    Hitster
    Participant

AD was always seen as the post LBJ building block for the Lakers but with him only playing 76 games across the last couple of seasons I do wonder about his long term durability. He is under contract for two more guaranteed years and then has a player option so is well covered. But to get a long term contract for the rest of his career he’d need to show he is back to his best and more durable over the next couple of years.

When the Lakers traded for him a lot of people were saying the Lakers had got their post LBJ star player who could give them a decade of elite service. He has helped them to one title so the trade has in effect worked and post LBJ they will have cap space to get another top player in.

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login