This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar OhCanada- 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    armchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

MVP- Giannis Antetokounmpo
    ROY- Ja Morant
    Improved- Luka Doncic
    Defense- Anthony Davis
    6th- Lou Williams
    Coach- Eric Spoelstra
    Executive- Rob Pelinka

Finals Bucks over Clippers

canadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

MVP- Giannis Antetokounmpo
    ROY- Ja Morant
    Improved- Devonte Graham
    Defense- Anthony Davis
    6th- Lou Williams
    Coach- Eric Spoelstra
    Executive- Pat Riley

Finals Lakers over Sixers

armchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

If Luka doesn’t win it, which he is in MVP race so he probably won’t I would go with Brandon Ingram. Graham is 3rd on my list, but he is playing 20 more minutes a game this year, so is his improvement, more opportunity, or a mix of both? Luka and Ingram are both playing the same minutes they were last year and have improved across the board to me that is real improvement. True Ingram is on a new team this year.

canadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

Being given more opportunities or PT is usually because you have improved. Getting more minutes doesn’t take away from most improvement consideration any more than getting more shots takes away from MVP honors.

1+
    sniper
    Participant

MVP: Giannis
    ROY: Duncan Robinson (I know Morant is a lock to win it. I think rookies who fit into a system and make big contributions to a contending team should usually get the edge over rookies who are handed the keys to the car. )
    MIP: Three-way tie as of now between Jaylen Brown, Fred Van Vleet and Sabonis. I have to pick one? OK, Sabonis.
    DPOY: Davis
    6th Man: Harrell
    Coach: Five-way tie between Vogel, Budenholzer, Stevens, Nurse, Spoelstra. If I have to pick, I’ll take Spo on account of having three rookies in his .top seven guys).
    Exec: Pelinka
    Finals: Clippers over Sixers

bt102
    bt102
    Participant

MVP: Giannis
    ROY: Zion if he can play enough games if not then Ja (also Duncan Robinson isnt a rookie. He played last year)
    6th Man: Harrell
    DPOY: Davis
    MIP: Ingram
    Coach: Nick Nurse
    Executive: David Griffin.
    Finals: Bucks vs. No. Freaking. Clue. LA,LA, Utah, Denver, Houston. One of them 5.

OhCanada-
      Participant

Nurse is a very good coach but definitely not coach of the year as of right now. Hes been dealt a shitty hand with all the injuries this year but his team is still extremely talented as well. Nurse has a very bad habit of outcoaching himself instead of taking the simple route to get the W and quite frankly hes lost a few games doing this, most recently to Billy Donavan and OKC, Erik Spoelstra and the Heat and our last game against the Coach Pop and the Spurs.

The biggest thing is he has a long leash with the young players, most noticeably with Mccaw. The guy has some wierd obsession with playing Mccaw and not playing Boucher. Who knows why this is, maybe theres behavioral stuff going on behind the scenes we dont know about…more likely just trying to keep Boucher’s contract reasonable so we can resign him next year . He has also picked really bad times to pull guys that got into rhythm out of the game and he hasnt been smart with the way he manages Powells minutes.

Either way I trust Nick going forward and know hes alot better coach than I am so I cant really get on him too much. Thats just me being critical because I do believe he can be mentioned as “the best coach” in the league. Thats just some things I’d like to see him improve to get there.

sniper
    Participant

You’re right, my bad about Duncan Robinson.

canadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

Ive been a lakers fan since 1996- and I honestly dont know why so many people have RP. He had a trade fall in his lap for the 4th pick, I dont think he has done a bad job; but why executive of the year? Who was going to out bid him for Davis, when he had the 4th pick, Ingram, Kuzma, Ball Hart and other picks; and Davis wanted to go there?

1+
      OhCanada-
      Participant

I agree. Davis wanted to go to LA and despite the Pelicans refusing to trade him there time and time again eventually they get convinced to deal him there. Then they sign whoever they can to fill roles. Shouldve got him last year.

The Goat
    Participant

MVP – Giannis Antetokounmpo, MIL
    ROY: Ja Morant, MEM
    DPOY: Rudy Gobert, UTA
    MIP: Devonte Graham, CHA
    6th Man: Lou Williams, LAC
    Coach: Erik Spoelstra, MIA
    Exec: Sam Presti, OKC
    Finals: Lakers over Bucks
    Finals MVP: Lebron James, LAL

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login