This topic contains 16 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar OhCanada- 4 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    Lotto Stud
    Participant

How do you feel about the change? 

BlueRivers25
    Participant

If Zion was listed at 6’6 prior to the draft, would the Pelican’s pass on him at the #1 pick? 

OhCanada-
      Participant

Lol no.

BothTeamsPlayedHard
      Participant

I think if his height and weight (remember how he looked in Vegas and assume it wasn’t much better in May) were taken at the combine, a lot of bad takes would have been shared.

BKGingerSnap
    Participant

Assuming this rule is enforced, I am a huge fan of the rule. I am a fan of accurate information. I always get mad when every big man gets refferred to as a 7 footer by announcers and fans when in reality most centers are between 6′ 9" and 6′ 11". I always get mad when player’s listed heights are inaccurate. I swear Michael Beasly for years was listed at 6′ 9" or 6 10" when in reality he is no bigger than 6′ 8".  KD has been listed at 6’9",  6′ 10" and 6′ 11" when he is clearly 7 feet at this point of his life (the famous team USA picture of him towering above DeMarcus Cousins comes to mind). Bill Walton insisted for years that he was 6′ 11" sopeople wouldn’t get labeled as another 7 footer. It doesn’t matter how big you are. If you can ball you can ball and it doesn’t matter how tall. But I am not in favor of millionaires lying about their heights so they can boost their egos. 

HeroescantdieHeroescantdie
    Heroescantdie
    Participant

does the mesaurement was taken with or without shoes?

The Goat
    Participant

IT is 5’8" and KD 6’11" apparently. Is there a link to a complete list? 

BallerScript
    Participant

I’m getting annoyed by all these people on social media making comments about how NBA players have been lying about their heights and are finally being exposed. There’s been no lying going on. The only difference is that the NBA is now using the height of players WITHOUT shoes which has always been available but will now be updated more often.

OhCanada-
      Participant

I think the NBA just wants teams to update yearly.

khaled_a_d
    Participant

Is it officially without shoes? That will be a good improvement although it will make things weird when comparing to past players.

But this should have been the way to go for so long. Yes, players play in shoes, but many times they select different shoes to get measured. Never mind NBA has long approximated any additional quarter inch to an additional inch. I remember Tyreke Evans being 6’5.25 but listed 6’6.

OTHO, players like Durant and Wade used their “without shoes” measurements and listed lower. Wade is quarter of an inch shorter than Tyreke but listed 2 inches shorter. SMH

One measured without shoes you do get accurate measure that is reported universally.

As for Zion, he is 6’6 without shoes.That is 6’7.5 in shoes. I think people were doubting he is that tall. So this is actually good news for him

HobbyOG
    Participant

I don’t think  it matters..end of the day you still have to go out there and prove yourself..

BlueRivers25
    Participant

Marvin  Bagley III is listed at 6’8". Zion, 6’6"

Duke Basketball has been feeding the NBA lies for years and NBA teams have been buying it. 

hahahaa

BallerScript
      Participant

Marvin Bagley came out and said that he hasn’t been measured yet. Watch what you read because there’s a whole lot of fake news going around regarding "official heights" for some players.

2quick4u
    Participant

Well americans lie about their height, africans about their age, asians about their penis size and europeans about the number of times they have sex… and at the same time all of them are lied by their politicians.

conclusion: everything is a lie.

Hitster
    Participant

Players don’t play barefoot so their on court is that in trainers so list that. Players are judged on talent who cared what Barkley’s or Ben Wallace’s actual height was?

Tacko Fall is nearly always refered to as being 7ft 5 ins but his height in shoes is 7ft 7ins, if this rule was going to be used, surely he’d have been touted as 7ft 7ins.

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

Boxing and UFC they get measured, weighed, reach etc before each fight so why not do it at the start of every NBA season.

If your 19/20 you can still grow an inch or so.

OhCanada-
      Participant

Alot of the players dont like it. Makes them feel like they are owned, like they are tools/puppets.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login