This topic contains 34 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Hale 12 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    StF616
    Participant

Oklahoma City Thunder guard Nate Robinson said back in October that he would like to pursue a career in football if a lockout occurs in the NBA. That lockout has indeed occurred, and Robinson is sticking to his word.

The former Celtic told SLAM Magazine that he is considering trying out for NFL teams if the NBA lockout consumes the entire season.

More:
     http://www.nesn.com/2011/07/nate-robinson-still-has-eyes-on-nfl-career-if-nba-loses-season-to-lockout.html

Hi its Ben
    Participant

what position do you think he will play?

Hi its Ben
    Participant

what position do you think he will play?

Scottoant93
    Participant

So…. he is going from one lockout to another, he could be a running back maybe, maybe wide reciever

Scottoant93
    Participant

So…. he is going from one lockout to another, he could be a running back maybe, maybe wide reciever

Pacers_Fan33
    Participant

i think he would be a cornerback if he made it 

Pacers_Fan33
    Participant

i think he would be a cornerback if he made it 

Timboslice
    Participant

the nfl seems to be in better shape than the nba so if he can make a team more power to him. He’d probably be a corner in the nfl though, if im not mistaken he played corner at washington as well as basketball

Timboslice
    Participant

the nfl seems to be in better shape than the nba so if he can make a team more power to him. He’d probably be a corner in the nfl though, if im not mistaken he played corner at washington as well as basketball

EGbball3
    Participant

He played corner at Washington.

EGbball3
    Participant

He played corner at Washington.

buckeyefan17
    Participant

How in the world would he be able to cover wideouts much bigger then him?He would get torched by Wr’s such as Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Dwayne Bowe, etc. The only shot he would have would be as a 3rd down back or kick/punt returner.

buckeyefan17
    Participant

How in the world would he be able to cover wideouts much bigger then him?He would get torched by Wr’s such as Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Dwayne Bowe, etc. The only shot he would have would be as a 3rd down back or kick/punt returner.

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

He wouldn’t be a teams #1 or even #2 corner so he would rarely be matched up against the leagues elite receivers.  I think he should give the NFL a chance even if the lockout ends today.  He’s not going to get any playing time on the Thunder so why not? We’ve seen baseball football crossovers and basketball baseball crossovers (Jordan), but we’ve never seen a basketball football crossover as long as I can remember.

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

He wouldn’t be a teams #1 or even #2 corner so he would rarely be matched up against the leagues elite receivers.  I think he should give the NFL a chance even if the lockout ends today.  He’s not going to get any playing time on the Thunder so why not? We’ve seen baseball football crossovers and basketball baseball crossovers (Jordan), but we’ve never seen a basketball football crossover as long as I can remember.

boshjonesford
    Participant

has that ever happend some going from the nba to the nfl?

boshjonesford
    Participant

has that ever happend some going from the nba to the nfl?

NO EZ BUCKETS
    Participant

Nate is crazy athletic so he could play with them, although it would be hard

NO EZ BUCKETS
    Participant

Nate is crazy athletic so he could play with them, although it would be hard

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

He was a beastly freshman corner at UW. He might have been a better football player than basketball player. I would term him as an "athlete", and could see him playing a number of positions. Corner might be the best bet, but you might want him as a slot receiver, or maybe even an RB. He is built like a tank, and I feel if he played at UW longer, he might have ended up on offense at some point.

Also could totally see Nate as a special teams player, either returning or even going after returners on punt’s and kick-off’s. He is tough as nails, and if he did this, I have a feeling he could find success. The guy really has always had a football frame, he is so solidly built, I would be surprised if he really only weighed 180, and if he does, it is all muscle. His size actually translate well as a corner. I am sure there would be a steep learning curve, as there would be for anyone who has spent this much time away from a sport, but he is a very high caliber athlete, and I would be interested to see how he does.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

He was a beastly freshman corner at UW. He might have been a better football player than basketball player. I would term him as an "athlete", and could see him playing a number of positions. Corner might be the best bet, but you might want him as a slot receiver, or maybe even an RB. He is built like a tank, and I feel if he played at UW longer, he might have ended up on offense at some point.

Also could totally see Nate as a special teams player, either returning or even going after returners on punt’s and kick-off’s. He is tough as nails, and if he did this, I have a feeling he could find success. The guy really has always had a football frame, he is so solidly built, I would be surprised if he really only weighed 180, and if he does, it is all muscle. His size actually translate well as a corner. I am sure there would be a steep learning curve, as there would be for anyone who has spent this much time away from a sport, but he is a very high caliber athlete, and I would be interested to see how he does.

HobbyOG
    Participant

Out of High School he was rated higher as a corner then a point guard..Could of been a good corner in the NFL..Had a couple of INT’s his freshman year. Don’t think any player has gone from NBA to NFL.

HobbyOG
    Participant

Out of High School he was rated higher as a corner then a point guard..Could of been a good corner in the NFL..Had a couple of INT’s his freshman year. Don’t think any player has gone from NBA to NFL.

NO EZ BUCKETS
    Participant

Well playing in the NFL is MUCH better than just sitting at the end of OKC’s bench. btw I don’t know why they didn’t use him much, he’s better than maynor.

NO EZ BUCKETS
    Participant

Well playing in the NFL is MUCH better than just sitting at the end of OKC’s bench. btw I don’t know why they didn’t use him much, he’s better than maynor.

GottaBeTheShoes
    Participant

People forget in 2009 for the knicks he averaged 17 points and 4 assists in just 30 minutes of play.. He is a lot stronger than most basketball players who are skinny and lanky so he has a build that fits in the nfl more than most basketball players.

GottaBeTheShoes
    Participant

People forget in 2009 for the knicks he averaged 17 points and 4 assists in just 30 minutes of play.. He is a lot stronger than most basketball players who are skinny and lanky so he has a build that fits in the nfl more than most basketball players.

NJHooper95
    Participant

Nate is athletic, compacted, and strong. I remembered when he put J.R Smith down in the rumble in the garden after Carmelo sucker punched one of the knicks. Nate is a tremendous athlete, pound for pound of the best ever to play in the NBA. You really saw how strong and athletic he was that year when he attempted to dunk about 15 times and finally complete it. To be able to continue to attempt a difficult dunk numerous times at 5’8 shows his endurance and strength. Many players would have tired out.

NJHooper95
    Participant

Nate is athletic, compacted, and strong. I remembered when he put J.R Smith down in the rumble in the garden after Carmelo sucker punched one of the knicks. Nate is a tremendous athlete, pound for pound of the best ever to play in the NBA. You really saw how strong and athletic he was that year when he attempted to dunk about 15 times and finally complete it. To be able to continue to attempt a difficult dunk numerous times at 5’8 shows his endurance and strength. Many players would have tired out.

R-Dot-13
    Participant

Nate is a freak athlete and was a great corner at Washington.

He’s fast, strong, and athletic.. I think he could be a solid corner/punt returner in the NFL… Maybe i’ll draft him in my fantasy league… kidding..

R-Dot-13
    Participant

Nate is a freak athlete and was a great corner at Washington.

He’s fast, strong, and athletic.. I think he could be a solid corner/punt returner in the NFL… Maybe i’ll draft him in my fantasy league… kidding..

MagikKnick
    Participant

I think he has a legit chance, all the physical tools to be a CB in the league

But after not playing legit football in a couple years, he might’ve lost his "touch" for the game, it’ll be interesting to see how/if he’ll be able to make a roster…

MagikKnick
    Participant

I think he has a legit chance, all the physical tools to be a CB in the league

But after not playing legit football in a couple years, he might’ve lost his "touch" for the game, it’ll be interesting to see how/if he’ll be able to make a roster…

Hale
    Participant

If he made it he would probably be a nickel or dime back, but he has the athleticism and quickness to make it. 

Hale
    Participant

If he made it he would probably be a nickel or dime back, but he has the athleticism and quickness to make it. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login