This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar mack 3 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    Zouldiers
    Participant

Victor Oladipo for Kelly Olynyk, Avery Bradley and 2022 1st Round Pick Swap

Bruh, That what they got for V.O HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Sheesh man.

Cynthia
    Participant

If Oladipo was so good, he wouldn’t be on a new team almost every year.

1+
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    Participant

They had LeVert in the Harden trade, and turned him into 22 pick swap and a bunch of losses this season. Rafael Stone inherited a tire fire, but this isn’t the best start at putting it out.

1+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

I mean they are going for a clean slate. Levert and Oladipo as the building blocks of your franchise is a recipe for disaster …potentially. I mean projecting these two’s future you’d have to say the odds of either one of them playing less than 75% of your teams games are pretty high. Then on top of that if they do play 100% of their games the odds of your team making the playoffs with either one of them as your primary scoring option are pretty low, especially in the West. Look at the Twolves, they just went all in and are the worst team in the league which I’m pretty sure most of us saw coming.

I respect this decision by the Rockets. Pretty sure their picks are all Top 4 protected, maybe not the swaps idk. Bottom out for now, do a long haul rebuild and set yourself up for a run after Lebron retires. Takes balls to bottom out.

1+
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    Participant

If the Rockets kept LeVert, they would have never acquired Oladipo. Bottoming out helps the Thunder more than the Rockets because of the inherited mess of future picks and pick swaps. The Rockets were going to be bad no matter whether it was LeVert or Oladipo, especially with the hindsight of LeVert having to miss time with the kidney growth. The difference is that you can’t develop players losing 20 of 21 with 16 of them being blowouts (10 or more). You might not ruin them all, but you developing them. Development is not random, and if they are going to get out of this rut they are going to have to hit on picks, and not just the ones in the top 5. That is not happening if you surround them with Kevin Porter and Justin Patton.

It doesn’t take balls to bottom out. It is actually easy. Owners love it because shedding payroll in most years enhances profits, or in a pandemic limit losses. Fans buy the magic beans of hope that there is a reward at the end. The media buys it because it makes them believe they can do the job. Not everyone can get LeBron or Durant to fall in their lap either in the draft or free agency. If you have a GM who thinks that is the only way to win, is to be so lucky as to get a once a generation talent (who when acquired as veterans can recruit more great talents), then that GM is telling you he is not good at the job.

2+
    mack
    Participant

From what I read, they tried to extend him and he declined. They also will now have a ton of cap.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login