This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Hitster 4 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Kinda feel like he’s the guy flying under the radar right now. Think he will be that guy to blowup out of nowhere and play at a superstar level this year. His per minute stats were amazing last year and he caan make some special plays on the floor only a handful of players can.

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

I like him, he could go up to 18-20ppg this season.

OhCanada-
      Participant

You gonna join our fantasy league this year or what?

Arc12345
        Participant

Let me get in.

OhCanada-
          Participant

Done. I’m gonna make a thread in a month or so a bit closer to season opening. The league probably has about 6 to 12 active people in it right now so plenty of openings.

The Goat
    Participant

The Kings have some nice pieces. A bit of time and the right big pickup via free agency or draft and they will be a tough team to beat. Fox, Bagley and Hield is a good core. 

BlueRivers25
      Participant

Sac is not a destination for big name free agents. That’s why they traded for Barnes and resigned him. What they need is a 6th man that is a combo guard or backup point that can give some relief to Fox. 

high floor
    Participant

to think that he’ll have an Amare Stoudemire like jump in year 2. For reference, Amare averaged the following numbers his sophmore season in 2003-2004:

•  36mpg, 20pts, 9rebs, 47% FG, 71% FT, 1.2stl, 1.6blks, 20 Player Efficiency Rating (PER)

The biggest hurdle for Bagley to hit these stats will be the minutes. He averaged just over 28mpg during the 2nd half of the season….. and an uptick is reasonable to expect. But the Dewayne Dedmon + Richaun Holmes + Trevor Ariza (small ball 4) signings, emergence of Harry Giles, and resigning of Harrison Barnes might keep Bagley’s minutes around ~31 per game.

Still plenty of time to put up great numbers, but maybe not 20ppg per night.

I became a Bagley fan during the course of the season, and I like him as much as any other player as a real breakout candidate this upcoming season.

OhCanada-
      Participant

The Kings are so versatile and deep its hard to believe they miss the playoffs. Plenty of players that can play three positions. Bogdonovic, Barnes, Ariza. Bagley and Giles should be able to play both frontcourt positions. Dedmon, Giles and Bagley their main Centers can all space the floor. Bjelica is good enough to start but it will be hard for him to even get minutes and Buddy and Fox should improve. Gonna be fun to watch them this year.

BlueRivers25
    Participant

Marvin "Money Bags" Bagley III

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

I have no doubts his numbers will go up if he gets more mins. The crazy thing is that he was very effective on the offensive end despite being relatively raw and primarily relying on pure athleticism. Once he starts to improve his feel, post moves and face up ability he has more than enough potential to be a perennial 20-10 guy.

However, the questions with bagley will always come down to the defensive end. For all his physical talents, he just seems to have clear limitations on that end. Despite having the size to play center, he lacks the length and instincts to really be an effective rim protector, which makes him kind of a weird positional fit. Can he develop enough instincts to at least become an adequate defender? He has the quickness to stay with perimeter guys but is lost on that end at this point. I sort of fear that he has the potential to develop into the type of player that puts up numbers but doesn’t really contribute to winning basketball.

Hitster
    Participant

He put up nearly 15ppg and over 7.5rpg on only just over 25mpg last season whilst starting only 4 games. I’d assume that the Kings would look to move him into tjheir starting 5 this season. He’ll get his fair share of shots from Fox and with Hield’s shooting to spread the floor too.

I’d agree that he should be able to get 20/10 with increased minutes and especially as he has a decent 3 point range for a big guy. With all the eyes on Doncic and Ayton last year, Bagley was allowed to go a bit under the radar but had a very solid debut season.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login