This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar sniper 2 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    OhCanada-
    Participant

After the trade for Valanciunas I think this is the play. They cleared 20 mil in salary making that trade and have enough cap space to offer contracts to both players along with acquiring their former teammate JV. And for the record I want Toronto to resign Lowry.

2+
    canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

so 10 m aav for each? lowry and derozan had mentioned pay cuts for la…. i dont see it for new orleans..

2+
      OhCanada-
      Participant

Well the caps at $125 mil and Pelicans are at about $70 mil after the qualifying offers to Ball and Hart. If they wanna go over the tax they can have Lowry and Derozan split the $55 mil and match any offers to Ball and Hart. I’m pretty sure that works you would have to ask a current cap guru I don’t keep up to date with these things.

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

omg! raptors tookover florida now louisiana? lol

2+
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

2021-2022: soft cap limit $112 million
    pelcians are at$94,454,132

so they have less than 18 million in cap space (not including lonzo ball or josh hart’s) .
    9 million each I doubt is enough.

1+
      OhCanada-
      Participant

Adams and Bledsoe $35 mil for Valanciunas $14 mil they are at $73 mil so it can still work if the caps $112 mil. I guess they changed it from $125 mil after covid hit it was supposed to increase this year.

canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

yea, cqap roll wasn’t updated.. i thought it was on the ball like nhl is….
    you’rwe right 74 so derozan and lowry could split 37 million…. 18.5 each… maybe???

OhCanada-
      Participant

Its kinda low to be honest. I don’t see these guys taking deals, especially Lowry. We’ll see. Theres also rumors of a sign and trade with Duncan Robinson centered around Brandon Ingram. Not sure what else Miami would have to give but that would free up some more money.

Hitster
    Participant

I could see Lowry at NOP not sure about DeRozan. Kyle has a title so doesn’t have to “chase” one now so can be more choosey about where he goes. He is 35 now so a lot would depend on what sort of commitment a team might give him. If he got 3 guaranteed or nearly guaranteed full years he might take less. but if it was for one or two years only., he’d want near market value.

DeRozan actually played PF last season which I had forgotten about. He turns 32 soon and is srill a 20ppg player but how much of an effective rather than a volume scorer he can be I don’t know. But 3 years under Popps will have surely helped his all round game and you don’t have over 17.750 career points and be a 4 time All Star with 2nd and 3rd team all NBA nods for nothing.
    But he is 3 years removed from these accolades whilst Lowry is only one year so despite DeRozan not turning 32 for another week the older Lowry could be seen as a more attractive signing.

sniper
    Participant

Lakers have to be out as a destination for either one, if they acquire Russ. So this scenario just became a little more likely …

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login