This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar kobyz 3 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

Nets are in win now mode, and would benefit from a great 2 way guard, Lavert is 4 years younger, more in line with the pelicans core, plus a late first.

2+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

I mean its a fair deal if you think Levert will stay healthy. But whats the point of the trade. Holiday is clearly the better player and he wants to stay in New Orleans.

bt102bt102
    bt102
    Participant

That is true. Besides I don’t think LeVert is a good fit in New Orleans when Holiday is. and I think that contract can be an albatross pretty quickly if he can’t stay healthy which has been the story of his life.

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

levert played well in the bubble..i thought he was their best player…as it was mentioned above injuries have been his biggest foe…..and it remains to be seen how he does playing alongside kyrie….becuz levert both r ball dominant players….and holiday is a better fit for lonzo…..

earlier this year nets gm sean marks said the number priority for the team was to find a power forward……i dont know it thats still the case,maybe they address it in the draft or free agency….
    as for new orleans favors will become a free agent….will they sign him,hand the starting job to hayes…or do a sign & trade…….

Hitster
    Participant

Pretty solid trade suggestion. Holiday is the better player but LaVert is nearly 4 years younger and would be an good fit at starting SG or as 6th man for NOP. The salaries balance out well over the contract and Brooklyn being win now makes it a logical trade.

My one concern would be is NOP prepared to give up a quality starter who is happy there for a player who is injury prone and even with the pick thrown in. They have a load of guys on their rookie contracts and their own picks to use. Is adding yet another rookie what they need to do.

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

holiday will be entering a contract year ,he has a player 27 million dollar option for 20-21…plus he’s a older than the pelicans main core….if there’s any chance of trading him now is the best time…

.even though griffin raves about his leadership on & off the court and 2 way potential…teams will be eager to add holiday to their roster….
    people downplay the importance of strong veteran presence on the team…grizzlies young players said jae crowder was an important part of their team and when he was traded it effective them a little….

but i believe holiday chances of being move will really depend on how much nickiel alexander walker improves…….

kobyz
    Participant

Holiday for Laury Markanen and Thad Young, Pelicans get the perfect frontcourt partner for Zion in Laury, Bulls gettinf all star guard who’ll provide needed experience and be perfect mentor for the future backcourt of Coby/Lavine, while replacing Laury with Denny Avdjia

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login