This topic contains 14 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar OhCanada- 4 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Andv1 Waiting
    Participant

So rumor has it Lakers are thinking about going after Beal or Lowry this offseason…

What would people trade for either of these players? Would you trade for either of them?

Assuming the flame out on A.D ,meaning they have all their young assets.

Personally I stay clear of lowry and solely focus on Beal as he gives you shooting and a reasonable two way player on the other end.

I could see something like Beal and 9th pick for Hart,KCP(salary matching),Kuzma,Ingram possibly if not medically retired(possibly kept out though) and the 4th pick..The wizards do this to hit reset. The Wizards then attach a pick to Wall and then trade him for a lower pick and a young talent with either the Cavs,Suns or Bulls…. Who could possibly absorb Walls deal.

khaled_a_d
    Participant

1-KCP is a free agent, so won’t be part of the deal. Lakers can swallow Beal’s deal with their cap space.
    2-I doubt the Wizards will agree on trading their 9th pick, I think 2 top 9 picks on the start of their rookie contract will be the main attraction for such trade.
    3-God only knows what is Ingram value right now,if he has any.
    4-No one is gonna touch this Wall contract, not with his injury and 4 years. May be if he comes back healthy during next season and proves he can still play but not right now.

Lastly, I think Beal to Lakers makes so much sense tbh. I just don’t agree with the details.
    Beal gives Lebron a legit 2nd option who fits him perfectly

OhCanada-
    Participant

Seems like a distraction rumor made to throw off Kyle so the Raptors continue to get beat down which would lead to Leonard leaving to LA. I mean out of all the PG’s available you single out Lowry who has 1 year $30 mil on his contract? I doubt they are targettng him.

If LA ends up with Lowry and Leonard I’d be devestated.

holefillers1
    Participant

More likely scenario is Beal for the Fourth pick and a starter 

SeattleSuperChronics
    Participant

Lowry to the Lakers )hahaha are you kidding me?!?!?! He should go to China.  

theEDGE
    Participant

To me it hinges on Ingrams health.

And if that rumour is true about the Bulls that would give up Dunn and 7 for Ball.

Then it could be a 3 team deal with Pelicans and Wizards.

Lakers should shell out Ingram, Dunn, 4, 7 and maybe more to Pelicans and Hart would at least go to the Wizards with filler like Bonga. 

French Flair
    Participant

Lakers receive : Anthony Davis

Pelicans receive : John Wall, Kyle Kuzma, Pick #4 & 9

Wizards receive : Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Solomon Hill, Etwaun Moore, a future 1st round pick from Lakers

Participant

The Wizards are almost assuredly stuck with John Wall. He has a bad injury history and is making a ton of money. I can’t see any teams taking him on without absurd amounts of compensation to do so.

French Flair
        Participant

I think the Pels should take the risk, even if John Wall is making a ton of money, his contract is a 4 year deal, the 3 rookies they would take in the Top 10 with this trade too (Zion + #4 & 9, perhaps Jarrett Culver and Jaxson Hayes). And they still have Jrue Holiday for 3 years.

If JW return of injury in a good shape, these 5 guys would be a good base to build a solid roster.

OhCanada-
      Participant

Needs some polishing but I like the thought of that trade idea. Especially since Wall will likely be out next year so it gives Zion a chance to have a more defined role early and be showcased and the Pelicans a chance to either continue to grow Randle and Holiday’s roles or just continue to build through the draft and wait for Wall to get healthy.

Hitster
    Participant

With all this talk about the Lakers chasing players, I think they will explore FA first. The chance to play with LBJ and some talented youngsters in a Lakers shirt would appeal to a number of guys. The perfect Laker scenario could be to recruit one top star via FA and keep the young supporting core in tact or possibly flip one asset for another good player. 

There would be vets wanting to be on a contender who could fill out a couple of bench spots too.

llperez

as a laker fan, like was said above me, free agents should be priority #1. The lakers have cap space and wouldnt have to give up assets. If free agents dont come, then id honestly just try and keep the core together. Tired of hearing how wed have to bend over backwards to get the pels to even consider trading us davis. weve sucked long enough, no reason to panic now. If lakers stay helathy they can compete for a playoff spot.

Besides, a lot of our young players probably have lower trade value than id like to see us give them up for. Lonzo has been hurt a lot and is still a question mark on how good he can be. Ingram is now hurt although he was coming on strong before that. I think most people consider kuz a 6th man type. Hart doesnt move the needle. The 4 pick is certainly a nice piece to have but if we have to give up everyone ive listed to bring in one player, were gonna suck anyways. Id rather ride it out and see if some of these guys can break out. Watching deangelo russell and julius randle playing really well for new teams shows you shouldnt abandon ship on young players too quick. 

Dell87
    Participant

The number 4 pick a future first,  Ingram and Hart for Beal  would probably get it done.

llperez

Hell no, that’s too much. If Ingram is healthy he still has lots of potential. It’s not like Beal is an all nba superstar  

OhCanada-
        Participant

Your not gonna get a better deal or compliment for Lebron. He also has 2 years left on his contract which matches Lebrons contract up to his player option. Id pull the trigger on that in a heartbeat.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login