This topic contains 28 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar QHaynes123 14 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Meditated States
    Participant

I say no way would Jordan let that team hang around for 7 games. I know Kobe’s one of the best to ever lace them up, but he aint Mike. A team with no Yao, or Tracy hanging around with Mike. Not to insult Houston cause I knew LA had no answer for Aron Brooks from the start, but 7 games. What do you think?

Wälse
    Participant

not a chance!

QHaynes123

no he would not. MJ would have ended it. But This LA team looks lazy to me. They dont have the same fire.

Kobe should have Guarded Brooks…Mj would have

deuce4off

If the Lakers had MJ at whatever Kobe’s age is, they wouldn’t have lost one game this postseason.

a2
    Participant

We all know Jordan was one of the greatest ever but we cant say that we would have closed it out. Jordan always had pippen. Lamar Odom is good but he is the closest thing to Pippen and he is not as good as Pippen. The Lakers team is different from those bulls teams so i believe if he was on the Lakers team he would have trouble just like kobe is.

BasketballGuru24
    Participant

Dumbest Post ever…….first Of all its more than just kobe trynna guard Aaron brooks. Arron Brooks was being guarded perfectly by jordon farmer but what scrwed ” the Lakers” was the dribble penetration and the how they couldn’t trap Aaron brroks and the person that was suppose to Trap Is The Center Or Big which was Gasol…..so i don’t even know why kobe and jordon are being mentioned….kobe is a great but jordan is the greatest..Period

Meditated States
    Participant

The media compare Kobe to Jordan all the time. If its so dumb why respond?

BasketballGuru24
    Participant

Cus I Love to State My Points and Anything That Needs To Be Clarified….and I For One Think This Post Was Just stupid…First of all teams were totally diferent…..kobe does’t have another great Player on his team and doesn’t have one of the best rebounders of his time as in Dennis Rodman.. he just has kobe and a bunch of role players.

Meditated States
    Participant

He won three titles without Dennis just Pippen. Kobe has better overall talent on that squad period. Any forum that creates discussion does its job period.

llperez

This is just another attempt to diss Kobe by saying Jordan would’nt have gone 7 games, which may or may not be true. One thing is certain though, this series going seven is not all because of Kobe. Derek Fisher is playing like complete garbage, and Pau is picking and choosing when to play hard.

Also while a lot of people are talking about how the Rockets are doing this without McGrady and Yao, they are not giving the Rockets that are playing proper respect. I don’t care what these guys reputation is or how many all-star games they have played in, they are balling. Defense, dribble penetration, taking care of the ball, rebounding, and knocking down shots usually equals victory. And the Rockets are doing all of those things.

sheltwon3
    Participant

The bulls always had solid role players. You can’t blame all this on Kobe. There was not many times when the Bulls played that there players did not show up.

dsal

ya well look at kobes frontcourt gasol and bynum are soft no denying it. Gasol had 14 and 11!!!! against chuck hayes who is 6’6 max. Gasol is hell of a player, in the regular season, in the playoffs he is to soft. Look who MJ had Cartwright and Grant who were both tough as nails.

Wälse
    Participant

when are yall gonna stop making excuses for Kobe? if he’s a leader, why isn’t he leading? as great as he is, he’s no Jordan.

dsal

i dont want to hate on gasol but my goodness is he a soft ballplayer, you just cant win in the playoffs when your 2nd best player who is a 7 footer is soft it just aint happenin

michaelds911
    Participant

The same reason you guys make excuses for Dwight Howard lol. I think Michael just made his role players play good, I think they were afraid to play bad lol. Kobe has all the skills in the world, but he doesn’t have that “it” factor that Jordan had and that LeBron has.

Meditated States
    Participant

He has to make them sense urgency and get them to fear and respect him. He has not done that. I am a fan of Kobe, but dude should not have let this happen. Magic Johnson would agree with me. Get it done in game 7 Kobe or this one is coming down on you son. lol

dolla130
    Participant

Jordan woulda ended this series in four even with yao

playa23
    Participant

Basically Jordan would have ended it quickly. When he used to play he played against harder guys then the Houston team so he wouldnt have no trouble takin it. I think it would be easy for him.

mb6297

Indiana wasn’t that greatest and Jordan let it go to 7… and the Bulls were down by 5 points in the 4th quarter.

All they had was Reggie Miller and Rik Smits.

ch15r36is
    Participant

Jordan was also 35 years old in that series against the Pacers, coming off 2 straight championships.
    I think we just went a little far bringing up MJ’s name…we could have said Lebron or D-Wade, and the answer would still be no. Those guys, in Kobe’s position, would have shut this thing down once Yao went out.
    I’ve always felt that Kobe has never truly been the best player in the league, and always seems to revert to selfish basketball when his team needs him to distribute and create the most. He is this generation’s version of Wilt. All the talent in the world, but can’t seem to figure out how to translate that into a championship…

nthegoodlife
    Participant

If we didn’t have oxygen on this planet, would Jordan breathe better than Kobe?

Untouchable J
    Participant

Jordan’s 1st championship teams had less talent than this Lakers team.

Same coach.

Its a legitimate argumaent and proves that Kobe aint touchin Mike, but we already knew that.

What i keep thinking is, if Lebron had this Laker team…they would win 70 games and people would be thinking ‘best ever team’…

More than anything, this ends the Lebron v. Kobe argument

Hale
    Participant

I don’t like the Lakers, but I respect them and all I have to say is they are probably the most talented team in the NBA when the are focused, but they slack off. Reminds me of UNC this year, when it really mattered, they stepped up. Still, GO CAVS!

joecheck88
    Participant

I believe MJ would have closed this series in Houston Game 6. But Kobe has 2 top 10(maybe better) perimeter defenders on him at all times. His guys need to step up.

sameolG
    Participant

the difference between Kobe in the series and how Mike would of been in this series is, he wouldn’t let his team take games off like Kobe does. and his team wouldn’t be as soft as LA… Mike knows how to bring the best out of his team. I say Mike ends it in 5

bigboom1
    Participant

I hate how everyone always goes with the notion that a team with good all around offensive talent wins should be overwhelmingly the favorites? If your team is physically and mentally soft, like the lakers pretty much are, then it’s fruitless. Lebron has yet to display that he has the “it” factor as well. Only when you will your team through the finals can you make that claim he has it, i’m not saying he doesnt have it, he just hasn’t really done much to prove it. I will agree that kobe hasn’t look like his normal self, shooting when he should really be passing, his decision making really is the only thing holding him back and he needs to stop shooting jumpers. Getting fouls on the rockets front court is crucial because they become fairly thin when chuck hayes gets foul and when this happens pau actually looks to produce. Lakers just need to come out with a new start/mindset…However, the nuggets look for real and the cavs just might get a legit series out of boston.magic

Meditated States
    Participant

Lebron is better

bigboom1
    Participant

haha yeah except theres no way to prove that lebron would end it thus your logic is completely off

QHaynes123

I think this shows…Kobe is not MJ

He lets his team get lazy.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login