This topic contains 21 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar 2quick4u 4 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    halfdecayed
    Participant

If KD can’t play most of the finals, could the Raptors win it ? Would you put Kawhi on Curry ? The series against the bucks completely switched the script to me when they started putting Kawhi on Giannis. Green on Klay, Siakam on Green.. This could be very interesting..

JDB12
    Participant

You have to put Kawhi on Curry. Right now Kawhi and Curry are the best two players on the planet. If Klay and the other guys beat you then they beat you. But you can’t let Curry get comfortable and do what he did against the Blazers. And to do that, you need to put your best defender on the most potent offensive player. Kawhi has shown he can guard the opponent’s best player and still be effective on offense. It might be a different animal guarding Curry with all the screens and how much he moves, but letting him get hot cannot happen if they are to have a chance in the series whether KD is there or not.

OhCanada-
      Participant

Really think its  bad idea to have Kawhi chasing around Steph. Maybe at times but not for the full gme.

Scrooge McDuck
        Participant

Danny green on curry is a decent matchup, because I feel he’s a disciplined defender. van vleet on Curry is gonna be ugly. Might as well play with 4 instead of Lowry or Powell.

OhCanada-
          Participant

One thing you guys are gonna probably see is Curry gaurding Green. Whoever Curry is gaurding Raptors are gonna post him up which will lead to Curry gaurding Fred Van Vleet so Freddy is gonna have to play well and is really the X-Factor in this series. There will be alot of Toronto posting up in this matchup.

cohenbc1
    Participant

Well it’s not as simple as saying, "Kawhi, you’ve got Steph." Because Steph uses screens on almost every possession, and you have to switch on him because as we all know it takes him about 0.01 seconds to launch his shot. 

So to me the interesting question is, is Marc Gasol even playable? And if not, the Raptors suddenly have a seven-man team. 

Also to answer the question, I’ve got Warriors in 5 with or without Durant.

Scrooge McDuck
      Participant

That’s not gonna happen. The raptors will definitely win 1.5 games. lol 

OhCanada-
    Participant

I bet they play zone against GSW. They went 2-0 regular season showing zone coverages at times.

Chrispy
      Participant

Why would you play zone against a team with elite ball movement and perimeter shooting? Doesn’t make sense to me.

OhCanada-
        Participant

It worked. They put Siakam at the top of the key and he can basically gaurd the same amount of space of two defenders. If Cousins isnt playing they have no post presence so its not your traditional zone coverage where you load up the paint. They did it in the regular season and I gaurantee you will see it in spurts in this series.

OhCanada-
        Participant

Check this out. Its Toronto’s 3-2 zone and its for perimeter defence. They still havent used it.

https://raptorsrapture.com/2019/03/28/toronto-raptors-zone/

BeastMode716
    Participant

in Styles 

So the question is if KD does Not return who wins & I Still have to go w/ the Warriors 

Phila & Milwaukee were Incredibly talented teams & Both those series were Razor close but I really believe the Difference was Toronto’s Veteran savy & Especially Kawhi’s Patience 

Toronto has a great team & they Earned this trip to the Finals b/c Phila & Milwaukee are Loaded young teams both on the come up but Golden State is So Great & Toronto does Not have the Fire Power to run away & hide in games. 

For example, Both Milwaukee & Phila were capable of putting 130 pts on just about Any team in the NBA b/c they’re so loaded w/ fire power & Toronto beat Both by turning the games into a Half court slug fests where the team that gets to 100 first has the best chance to Win – After the Bucks took a 2-0 lead in the Next 4 games they scored Only between 94 – 103 Pts in Regulation! That’s It! & vs Phila Toronto held Phila Under 100 pts in 5 of 7 games! & the Crucial factor was Both Bucks & Phila could not get Buckets Late in these Low scoring games 

Toronto had completely disrupted the Rhtym of both these great young teams & neither had the experience to just slow it down, be patient & execute the 1/2 court Offense late. I jsut don’t see Golden State having a problem getting the Looks they want laet in close games. Igudola is healthy & Boogie should return as well & the entire Warriors teams is well rested & ready to go 

I’d Luv to see an Upset but I think the Warriors are just too strong – this Golden State team Is a Historically Great team – & if I haveDubs winning in 6 games 

The Goat
    Participant

Is OG Anunoby definitely out?

BeastMode716
    Participant

Phila & Milwaukee were held Under 103 pts during the Reg season & what their record was in those games b/c These two teams were the #1 & #3 ranked Offenses in the NBA (GSW is #2) 

Milwaukee Avg’d 118 ppg, GSW 117 ppg & Phila 115 ppg

Phila was held under 103 pts 11X & Lost 10 of those 11 games & Milwaukee was held under 103 pts Only 6X all year & lost 5 of those 6 games! 

Toronto held Phila under 103 in 5 of 7 games & they held Milwaukee under that number 4 games in a row after losing the 1st two gamnes in Milwaukee (I realize the Bucks scored 112 in game 3 but after 4 Qtrs Milw had 103 pts & scored 9 pts in 2 OT’s) –

In the Bucks 2 series playoff series vs Detroit & Boston & the 1st 2 games vs Toronto the Bucks scored OVER 103 pts in 10 of 11 games & won all 10 & their Only Loss before Toronto won 4 straight was game 1 vs Boston where the Bucks scored only 90 pts – In Total Milwaukee played 16 playoff games & were 11-0 when they scored over 103 & 0 – 5 when they scored Less than 103 pts! And Phila’s playoff results were similar – 6-0 when scoring Over 103 pts & 1 – 5 when Under

BY contrast the Raptors have scored Less than 103 pts 10X in these Playoffs & are a Very respectable 4 – 6 AND the Raptors won 3 other games where they scored Only 105 – 107 pts 

In the 13 games vs Milwaukee & Phila Toronto held these two Scoring machines to 103 pts or Less in 9 of 13 games after both had been held under that # in a combined 164 Reg season games only 17 times combined! 

So Phila & Milwaukee scored Over 103 pts in 90% of their Reg season games but vs Toronto they scored Over 103 pts Only 30%!!!! That’s INSANE! 

In the 9 games that Milwaukee & Phila were held to 103 pts or less Toronto was 8-1! & in the 4 games were Phila scored Over 103 pts the Raptors were 0 – 4!!!

Golden State was held to 103 pts or Less during the Reg season 12X & Lost 100% of those games – 0 – 12!!! In the playoffs the Warriors have played 16 games Total & have a record of 12 Wins & 4 Losses & in ALL 16 games – Win or Lose Golden State has scored OVER 103 Pts! 

So keep an eye on that number range right around 103 – 108 Pts – if the Warriors get close to 110 pts it’s almost Impossible for Toronto to Win the game – should be a facinating match up of playing style

SeattleSuperChronics
    Participant

Raptors will be swept either way.  

celtics1982
    Participant

It doesn’t matter.

NYK2010
    Participant

Game slows down and teams usually score less in the playoffs but guys can get hot shooting 3s.

GS a much different team than the sixers and bucks. Both those teams had young superstar players with flaws and didn’t have a great 2nd start to defer to. GS not only has that they have finals experience. People will say Kawhi, Green and Ibaka have finals experience but Ibaka was in the finals 7 yrs ago & he’s a role player so is Green. GS depth is a question mark so Draymond & Curry can’t get into foul trouble. Looney will have to play big mins but he’s been solid in the playoffs. Curry on Green will keep him well rested. If Iggy’s healthy I think he defends Kawhi most of the time. Without Durant I’ll say GS in 6.

OhCanada-
      Participant

The way I see it.

LA didnt show the Warriors all that respect but they didnt have enough talent to hang with them.

Houston seemed almost afraid of GS and were making excuses all series. 

Portland showed way too much respect and didnt even look like they believed they could close games.

I dont think your gonna get the same response out of the Raptors. Other than Houston who’s minds were all over the place in that series GS is about to face its toughest competition and Toronto isnt gonna show any respect. This is gonna be a closer matchup than people think. I think if Toronto gets those first two home games its gonna put alot of pressure on the Warriors. Raptors have a hance here.

SmooveKRYPT
    Participant

Raptors in 7. GSW can be worn down with physicality. Having home court advantage will prove to be a huge factor in this series as will Ibaka off the bench.

2quick4u
    Participant

If KD doesn’t play GSW should win easily but if KD finally plays then TOR has a chance.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login