This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar juves4783 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Scrooge McDuck
    Participant

The hawks signed shooting guard Armoni Brooks to an exhibit 10 deal. I’m thrilled. Boldly, I couldn’t believe he wasn’t drafted. I feel he’ll be a successful undrafted player in a few years. He reminds me of Ben Gordon. Houston amd Texas tech were enjoyable to watch last year relying on defensive intensity to win.

JDB12
    Participant

Little bit of Lou Williams on the offensive end. Not physically intimidating, but fearless and physical with the ball and can put it in from anywhere. Probably won’t be quite as prolific and natural of a scorer, but he takes very good care of the ball. Not even averaging a whole TO per game in college.

Hitster
    Participant

He’ll have a battle to make their final 15 man squad though as they have 16 players already on their roster.

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

It doesn’t surprise me he wasn’t drafted. He’s undersized for the 2 and hasn’t shown the ability to operate as a pg. Playmaking skills were basically nonexistent in college (less than one assist per game). But the hawks do really value shooting and thats one thing he can definitely do as he shot close to 40% on a very high volume of 3s. Can he carve out a Jodie Meeks type role at the next level? Probably somewhat of a long shot to make the roster in Atlanta but a guy worth keeping an eye on.

juves4783
    Participant

kind of reminds me of troy daniels; UDFA who worked his way into rotational player with shooting and defense.  similar stat lines in college as well and both played for uptempto/defense-to-transition type styles in UH and VCU. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login