This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar nbarelli 3 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    jmack
    Participant

I think all three teams make out with this trade:
    Raptors: Drummond/Rande
    -Get a new starting front court. Both Drummond and Randle are free agents, so can be resigned next year probably at lower numbers based on the salary cap going down and teams not wanting to spend big money on guys.

Knicks: Siakam/2021 Raptors 1st
    -Even though Randle is putting up big numbers this year, I think Siakam is the better player and locked up for the next 4 years. The Raptors pick could be really good if they continue to struggle this year.

Cavs: Powell/2021 Mavs 1st
    -Get rid of Drummond, who is not in their future plans now that they traded for Allen. Get a a wing player who is actually healthy and is a good player on a good contract. They would also get another first to use for their rebuild.

nbarelli
    Participant

Drummond will go for sure. I’m not sure what New York are thinking with Randle. They draft Toppin, but basically play Randle 40mins per game and leave uncertainty hanging over his future. Siakam isn’t at his best but you know you can get it done with him on the team. Its not a bad deal, I’m just not sure the Knicks or Raptors really need to get involved.
    The Cavs have publicly said they don’t want Porter Jnr so I expect he may go in a package with Drummond, otherwise his value is virtually nil at this point. Let’s see what happens. I’d like to see Charlotte try and get Dtummond for something involving Malik Monk.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login