This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by r377 r377 1 week, 5 days ago.

• Author
    Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

The pistons are moving Drummond to the Cavs for Brandon Knight, John Henson and a 2023 second rounder. I understand why Detroit was eager to move on from Drummond but this seems like an extremely low return on a guy that was considered a franchise cornerstone for a long time and was still putting up very impressive numbers. This has to be an instance where they regret not trading him sooner.
    Not sure acquiring Drummond makes a whole lot of sense for the Cavs either who already have an overpaid big in love on the roster they’d want to trade and are still nowhere near contention. Weird deal all around.

2+
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    Participant

Poor D Rose.. The next two months of playing with Christian Wood, Svi, and Sekou Doumbouya doesn’t sound fun, but I guess he a is mortal lock to be dealt in the summer.

Also, how much of a tantrum is Tristan Thompson going to throw in order to get bought out, or will he just have Rich Paul throw one for him?

2+
      OhCanada-
      Participant

Thompson and Love thought playing with Sexton was frustrating…Drummond is gonna drive them crazy, and hes bigger than them so they cant just yell at him the way they do with the guards.

Funny fact last time Drummond played against Cleveland Thompson had his way with him and was pushing him around all game. He played 0 defense Thompson went 7/8 FG and outrebounded him. Besides injuries it was the only game Drummond didnt record a double double in 2020.

Hitster
    Participant

Drummond I assume will bide his time in Cleveland until the summer as I don’t really see him resigning with them even if Thompson moves on.

If Detroit weren’t getting any suitors for Drummond they probably felt it was best to move him on and try to tank even though they are only 3 wins off 8th seed. The appeal of a better chance at getting lucky in the lottery probably appeals more than a likely sweep in the first round play offs.

I thought a contending team may have had a look at Drummond and thrown in a late first rounder for him. Giving up a first rounder in 20 to 30 region to increase your title chances is a no-brainer. Marc Gasol’s salary at Toronto matched quite well but the Raptors probably prefer Marc’s experience and leadership on their team.

bt102
    bt102
    Participant

That was a disgusting trade. I actually predicted he was gonna end up in Cleveland, NO JOKE, but I had Tristan Thompson, Dylan Windler, Cedi Osman and a second. This is just disgusting for Detroit to even think of accepting this and a disgrace to teams like Boston who have too many firsts to know what do with them. They have 2 in this draft alone.

2+
      OhCanada-
      Participant

Drummond is a very bad basketball player thats why nobody wanted him.

canadabasketballisrising
        canadabasketballisrising
        Participant

Very bad NBA players are not named to ALL nba or allstar teams… smfh

r377
    r377
    Participant

shooting 1/21 from downtown on the season, Andrew nailed two 3’s in first Cav’s game

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login