This topic contains 21 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Hitster 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Author
    canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

7 Game series. 2020-21 NBA Rules, Everyone is healthy. Who wins and why? Z
    Zouldiers’ Final team

PG: Kyle Lowry, Malcolm Brogdon, Lonzo Ball

SG: Jaylen Brown, Bradley Beal

SF: Jayson Tatum, Andrew Wiggins, Bojan Bogdanovic

PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Julius Randle

C: Christian Wood, Jaren Jackson Jr.

Coach: Erik Spoelstra
    I want to draft a team that’s versatile enough to play against anyone and this team is exactly that and who better to lead my squad than the Finals MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo. With him as the tribal chief of this squad, I need tons of scoring and players that are above average shooters where they allow the head of the table to feast on the paint. Guys like Tatum, Brown, Beal, Brogdon, Randle and Lowry gives my team tons of scoring as well as shooting and they’re solid enough defensively to stay on the floor. Drafting the like of Wiggins, JJJ and Ball gives my team some added defense, length, shooting and athleticism and Bogdanovic gives me another firepower in terms of scoring, shooting and size. This team can play against anyone and with a versatile team like this, I need a coach that’s creative in their lineups and who else than my guy Spo. His schemes will unlock the potential of this team and is capable of giving other coaches some headaches. I like the team that I drafted and for the rest of y’all, Good Luck.

The Hitster Originals

Head Coach Tom Thibodeau
Roster

PG Steph Curry, De’Aaron Fox, Colin Sexton

SG Jrue Holiday,Matisse Thybulle

SF DeMar DeRozan, Kyle Anderson

PF Zion Williamson, Thad Young, Marcus Morris

C Joel Embiid, Clint Capella

I knew certain players would go with the first few picks so as all my picks were always 2 out of 4 picks I decided to draw up a short list of players to choose each pairing for. My top two picks were always going to be between Embeast, Jokic and Steph. I actuallyturned down the current MVP as if I took Jokic then the person with the next two picks would I feared take Steph and Embeast but was less likely to go twin towers so I took Steph, they took Jokic with one of their picks and I got Embest with my second pick.
As a Phoenix fan Booker would have seemed logical but I went for Jrue’s title experience and defensive abilities to play at either guard spot plus he excelled as Giannis’ running mate this season he can do the same here. Zion is another beast so i’ve got the strongest frontcourt IMO.
    DeRozan was the highest rated scoring and most experienced SF option available. I took Matisse Thybulle as he was second All Defensive Team and can guard at 2 or 3.
Fox was BPA and gives more ball carrying options. Capella is a rebounding beast and can be fed easy baskets plus his motor can get up and down with fast breaks or grab DRB’s to start them. I was looking at Hollinger ratings PER and plus and minses so Kyle Anderson and Thad were chosen that way plus have great experience.
    I took Sexton as best scorer available and Morris’ experience and 3 point range won him the last spot.
    As Nick Nurse way back in late 1990’s coached my local team in the UK I thought of him as coach and Brad with his experience and good record in NBA and NCAA was also considered. But when I found Nick had gone I went to Coach Thibs as he is the current coach of the year and would have a field day with some of the defensive beasts here but would have in theory an offence coach who would play to Steph and co’s strengths.
    I’ve got two All NBA players, three All NBA defensive nods, the scoring champion and Coach of the Year as my team’s backbone so I think we’d be hard to beat.

2+
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

You can’t vote for your own team tho..

1+
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

Zouldiers

1+
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

Haha looks like everyone just wanted to draft no interest in the tournament after.

2+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

I’ve got Zouldiers by a hair. This is a tough matchup for Hitsters team. I think Embiid goes off in this matchup. Giannis can’t guard him but he can make things difficult. A frontcourt of Wood and Jackson Jr is talented but plays with a low IQ and gets outplayed mentally and physically inside. The rest of Zouldiers team is very balanced though and were Hitster goes wrong is the shooting department.

With Embiid playing to his strengths and dominating inside Zouldiers just has to load up on Curry. He can even go off and they would still struggle. Derozan and Williamson don’t have the games to really compliment Curry and Embiid off the ball and I would consider them both to be negative defenders at this level. Meanwhile Giannis is a terrible matchup for Zion, probably the worst guy to have up against him in the league. Lowry knows all Demars tricks. And Beal playing off of Giannis is a nightmare.

So what are we doing is noone voting? I might just take these matchups to a more active board like real gm and see how they would vote it.

2+
      Zouldiers
      Participant

I posted it somewhere else on my channel and the results are polarizing

1+
        RUDEBOY-RUDEBOY-
        RUDEBOY-
        Participant

Zouldiers it’ll be very entertaining knowing those results. 😂

1+
        OhCanada-
        Participant

Feel free to post a link I’d like to see. WordPress? Rudeboy your not voting?

1+
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

Or have Reddit NBA vote.

1+
      OhCanada-
      Participant

Yeah I wanted to do that anyways. Doesn’t make sense to have the people in the competition voting because if I thought your team was the best I would have picked those players right.

3+
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

we’ll go NBA Reddit then…

3+
      armchairgmarmchairgm
      armchairgm
      Participant

What is your Reddit name I’d like to follow the posts and see the results.

RUDEBOY-RUDEBOY-
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

wise move…hope it gets posted on here….

Zouldiers
    Participant
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

Not even getting serious responses on Reddit just people bitching about the formatting at least on our matchup that Canada posted.

2+
      Zouldiers
      Participant

It’s even worse on Tiktok. Once filipinos saw the name Curry or KD on the poll they just click on it lol.

1+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Now we should just post these everywhere and see the results because thats honestly even more comical than us going back and forth over it. I’m gonna try one in realgm it will probably get a few pages of dumb responses.

1+
    RUDEBOY-RUDEBOY-
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

Who on here have a YouTube Channel? Someone who have Subscribers who will vote. I know our old friend MikeyV does 1 with his brother! Maybe we can finish it here? But it will be weird , posters involved doing the voting.

Zouldiers
    Participant

Just an update in case you guys are curious. The finals for the current draft will be Team Kawhi Vs Team Curry.

armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

At this point I don’t think anyone cares. This died after the last pick was made.

Hitster
    Participant

Actual draft is the main thing for me, not really worried whose team we vote best.

The all time college draft would still be a fun one to do or we do current NBA roster but with players at their peaks so you’d get D-Rose MVP and Melo with the season ended in April

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login