This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar RUDEBOY- 4 days ago.

• Author
    The Goat
    Participant

Have always thought highly of Mike Conley but this move to Utah has not worked out. I know it’s early, I know he’s been hurt, but I can’t say they’d be excited about keeping him at 32mil per year for 2 seasons.
    He’s shooting mid 30s and Utah went horribly with him in the lineup. They have since gone 13-1 or so I believe after going with a starting 5 of Mitchell, Ingles, O’Neale, Bogdanovic and Gobert.
    There would not be many takers out there, but some teams are carrying bad money. If you threw in a decent player, I’m sure Utah would consider taking a bad deal back to add one more weapon.
    Miami has Dragic at 19 mil for one year and Waiters at 12 mil per year for 2. Would they take Conley back just to be rid of Waiters? Surely Utah would be happy to get Dragic in return.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yx25bs2t
    Other guys I’m thinking that could get moved in a deal here include Otto Porter or the otherwise immoveable Nic Batum.
    With this core this would have to be as good a chance as any for Utah to get thru the West.

bt102
    bt102
    Participant

As a Jazz fan I can say this with honesty. Even though Conley has been bad this season with his shooting, the Jazz fans in particular still prefer him over Rubio. I think there is a 0.00001% chance he is dealt. The Jazz arent a free agency destination. If he struggles next year then sure, but I think they will ride with him for a while. I still prefer Conley over Rubio even now. I think there is a chance Conley comes off the bench for a while considering how good the Jazz have been but I still think they keep him.

canadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

Unless a trade falls in their lap, they will not trade him. He is at his lowest value, on a massive contact. It’s highly likely his value will improve.

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

I doubt conley will come off the bench..O’Neal is the most likely candidate to go to the bench when conley returns..ingles and gobert have worked great in pick and roll ….Mitchell has improved his playmaking abilities.. his assists have went up from 3.3 to 5 a game….im a grizzlies fan and folks in Memphis use to get mad when I said conley was a bit overrated…Conley’s not as athletic or talented as some other pgs..but he’s all heart.. and smart…….his style of play was perfect for Memphis half court grit and grind play……

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login