This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Hitster 2 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Champagne and confetti. Giannis MVP.

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

What a ridiculous way to win too. He’s like “I think I’ll go for 50/14/2/5”

1+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

You know I’ve always respected the way Giannis approaches the game. He’s not out their trying to be cool, posing for the cameras. He isn’t flopping or crying. He’s always been competitive.

As much as this sucks for CP3 and Monty Williams that Suns team is byfar the most flopping team the NBA has ever seen. I’m almost sure game two was the turning point in this series when the refs said “okay, fool my once…”. Booker, Paul and Crowder flopped at least 10 times each in that game, same way they beat the Clippers. Meanwhile you never seen Giannis or Jrue Holiday flop. I said when they beat the Clippers “CP3 really trolled his way to the finals”. Well he couldn’t troll his way to the championship.

2+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

CP3 is the master of the flop. I thought I would never see anyone flop better than Vlade. Then CP3 handles the ball flopping down court. It’s an art – the flop… but it kind of takes away from the real game.

1+
    Zouldiers
    Participant

Thank God they finished the job. They would have been screwed if they didn’t

2+
    sniper
    Participant

I love seeing guys like P.J. Tucker and Bobby Portis celebrating a championship. It wouldn’t have happened without them!

2+
      OhCanada-
      Participant

UFA’s.💲💲💲

1+
    bt102bt102
    bt102
    Participant

yeah if they didn’t win tonight Im not sure they woulda won game 7. About as happy as i am for them as I was for the Raptors. as a Jazz fan. The rest of the championships in recent memory have just been depressing.

1+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

This Giannis postgame interview is the most savage sports interview I’ve ever seen. He’s not holding back. Defenitely YouTube the interview. Really happy for him, came from nothing.

1+
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

So Weird that Giannis and 2 of his brothers have nba titles..

1+
    Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

19-21 from the ft line when it mattered most. Must have been incredibly validating for him. I’ve been critical of him in the past and thought he was too one-dimensional to lead a team to a title. He definitely put a stop to that narrative in this series. Much respect.

1+
    r377r377
    r377
    Participant

didnt think i would see a suns v bucks finals series but nice to see

1+
    Hitster
    Participant

As a Suns fans I’m gutted but the Bucks have always been one of my second teams so that softens the blow. Losing a series from 2-0 up is hard and we had real chances in Game 4 to get 3-1 up. But Giannis came up huge and Middleton gave great support to hiom throughout the series. The rest of the guys gave them great support. The all in trade to get Jrue Holiday worked plus Jrue, Brook Lopez, Jeff Teague and PJ Tucker are all in their 30’s and a title fills the missing parts of their resumes too.

Bobby Portis also a good supporting job from the bench for them. Giannis has of course sealed his greatness and to lead your team to your first title at 26 is a great achievement. LBJ was 27, MJ was 28, Shaq was 28, the late great Kobe was only 22 but you could say Shaq was the main man on 2000 Lakers.

Mike Budenholzer has completed the full coaching set of honours too and is a title winner off Greg Popovich’s coaching tree.

The Suns with Booker and Ayton can come again but with the powerful Western Conference I don’t know how easy it will be. Also will CP3 get another chance to lead a team to the finals given he is 36 now. Monty Williams also after the tragedy in his family would have been someon the neutrals were rooting for. This Suns side reached a finals which the much lauded Nash/STAT era D’Antoni team didn’t so broke that hoodoo but again couldn’t get over the line but it was the Bucks and the Greek Freak’s night.
    gy

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login