This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Wetalkinboutpractice 6 days, 3 hours ago.

• Author
    Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

This clippers team was seemingly constructed perfectly and appeared to have everything they needed on paper to win a title. But all season there was clearly something missing. They never grew beyond a collection of talent and developed a true identity as team. The stars never really aligned and the lineups never really meshed. And when they absolutely needed to, it can back to bite them in a major way.
    This loss stings for sure. The clippers were up 3-1 and had double digit leads in all three close out game and were unable to get the job done. For a team that was constructed to win the championship this year that is completely unacceptable. I know doc is extremely well-respected and his legacy speaks for itself. But underachieving in the playoffs has become a staple of his clippers tenure. I’m not saying his job is in jeopardy or anything, but if the clippers really want to win it all next season, maybe management really needs to think long and hard if rivers is the guy who can get them there.

RUDEBOY-RUDEBOY-
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

hahahahaha!! paul george said he wasnt worried becuz the clippers were in the driver’s seat for game 7!! he should’ve called a UBER!!!

1+
    sniper
    Participant

Harrell was the Clips’ 2nd best player all season, but he never really got it going in the bubble. I think that was the biggest factor by far. Don’t overreact to things that happened in the bubble — it was not a normal situation. I expect the Clippers will come back next year and contend for the title.

RUDEBOY-RUDEBOY-
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

1.cardi b said paul george played like the p in her new song wap…bad kitty!
    2.Jamal murray outscored pg & kawhi…40 to 24!!
    3.paul george & kawhi must’ve had damian lilliard on their minds in the 4th quarter becuz they combined to score his jersey number 0!!!! or paying tribute to kobe by combining for 24 points for the game…
    4.doc rivers said he knew kawhi didnt talk alot,but he didnt expect him to be quiet in the 4th quarter…
    5.remember when kawhi & pg were suppose to be the new jordan
    6.both pg & kawhi will be free agents in 2 years….

Zouldiers
    Participant

They deserve to lose that series those cocky S.O.Bs were trash talking in Game 5 and got their asses kicked for 3 straight games. Pandemic P lying as usual. Pat Bev was all bark, no bite, more like a puppy to me. Marcus Morris, F him. Lemon Pepper Lou ran out of wings and last but not the least, Kawhi choked. It may have cost my bracket but IDGAF.

canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

This loss is primarily on Kawhi and Paul George. They are the stars paid over half a team’s cap, and they combined for 24 points in game 7. There is no way Jamal Murray should be out scoring them by almost twice as much. Yes, this is the bubble and a weird situation- but this is still mostly on them. They need to be better 1 on 1 creating opportunities for themselves and others. Even open Paul George missed a lot of open 3s.

This is why stats can be deceiving. Jimmy Butler is a better and more valuable player than Kyrie, Westbrook. KAT, or Paul George when it comes to winning.

Pro 1
    Participant

That’s on the players and the coaches. Kawhi leonard had enough time to develop chemistry in Toronto last season while sitting out 22 games in the regular season. Kawhi Leonard should have stayed in Toronto for another season. He would be in the NBA Finals once again with a chance to win it all. LAC are never going to win a NBA Title…

Wetalkinboutpractice
    Participant

Pretty clear this team needs a lead guard to bring the group together. Kawhi went from Tony Parker to Kyle Lowry to…. Pat Beverly. Kawhi’s a phenomenal player but he isn’t a lead initiator or a vocal leader on the floor. Chris Paul would ironically be a great fit on that roster although salary structures makes that a pipe dream.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login