This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by NorrinRaddNorrinRadd NorrinRadd 3 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

Throughout this offseason, all I keep hearing is that the lakers got better. On paper, I agree. This is a more talented team than last year. However, the lakers were not the most talented team top to bottom last season and still managed to win the title. And part of the reason for that was that they had such good chemistry, a mix of mostly veteran players who were willing to sacrifice individual stats and playing time to fill whatever role was needed of them.
    No matter what happens the lakers will always be at their best when they are playing through lebron and ad, with the other players on the floor as complimentary pieces. There was always going to be a significant roster turnover this offseason no matter what happened, but the question now is whether the players they brought in can compliment their stars as well as the guys they lost. Schroeder has already made headlines as far as wanting a specific role. Harrell has grown accustomed to a certain amount of touches. Kuzma will probably want more offensive responsibility. All this could technically be a good thing as it could take some of the playmaking responsibilities from lebron. However, it could also create the possibility for some chemistry concerns to emerge. We’ll see how it plays out. Guys like green, rondo, Howard, Bradley, McGee might be missed more than people realize.

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Not sure they are truly better, the defense they had last year was great, especially in the bubble last year. However, with the emergence of Horton-Tucker and a few new offensive powers to the team, I think they are as good and as legit as they were last year.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login