This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Hitster 3 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

I changed my mind Lakers should go after Lavine not Hield. Who thinks the lakers offer above is enough…

1+
    cpsisson7cpsisson7
    cpsisson7
    Participant

honestly i don’t think so. they would either have to throw in javale or dwight, another first, or two seconds possibly

SwatLakeCity
    Participant

Why do the Lakers need Hield or LaVine? They just won the won the championship! Doesn’t that prove they already have enough? Besides LaVine is the leader of the Bulls. They finally found a coach that all players are happy with. Why would they give up LaVine so quickly? They would have to start from ground zero. I’m not so sure they are ready to do that. A new coach is what they needed, they got that, so why not see how Donovan can get them with the current nucleus they before they break it up?

1+
    rayvaughn
    Participant

Armchair GM’s obviously know more than real GM’s. Neither Lavine or Hield are defensive gems. and both would suck at SG. Put down those crack pipe’s. Kuzma’s value is a as SF with the ability to knock down a 3, and guard “some” SF and SG, He’s a little to small weight wise to handle larger PF’s. No one on a team with AD and LBJ will score more than 12-14 points a night. Both are ball dominant big’s with handles,,, bad ass handles, and a shooting stroke to match. .. Just ask Miami. Next subject

2+
    sniper
    Participant

Not only do the Lakers already have enough, they will be re-introducing Avery Bradley (assuming he picks up his option) to a team that just went on a 16-5 tear through the playoffs.

It makes no sense to add a bad defender like Hield or Lavine when they will not get enough touches to allow them to make up for their bad defense. Makes way more sense to just add Bradley, a good defender who hits 3s but doesn’t need to hunt them in order to have value.

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

even though the lakers won the championship,i dont think they have enuff nor happy with their current roster….they are the oldest team in the nba…they werent as talented or deeper than clippers……a tough western conference a young talented nuggets team,new orleans,the mavs ,the blazers and u know rockets gm morey will do whatever it takes to bring another star to houston,.and next season the warriors bring back wiggins who has the talent to be a 20 point scorer,steph,klay who appear to be healthy add a top 3 pick in the draft ,the warriors will be back in the hunt…they have kuzma,a first round pick this year and the expiring contract of danny green to bring in another player.. maybe hield…..

but credit magic johnson who laid the foundation that help brought the title to la…by bringing lebron to town and signing rondo a move that was considered controversial at the time.when they already had lonzo ball and lance stephenson on the team…pelinka brought in davis,signed howard,green, and morris.

people asked who was the lakers 3rd best player? who would help lebron and davis that 3rd scoring punch? credit magic & pelinka for bringing some savvy vets and coach vogel for knowing how to put them into spots to be successful…howard in the nuggets series contained jokic….rondo’s leadership and playmaking in the finals….kcp defense and 3 point shooting….caruso’s unselfishness,ball movement, even though davis finished 2nd in dpoy voting its caruso who lead the team in defensive rating…

but anthony davis and alot of those vets will be free agents howard,rondo,morris,kcp and mcgee….all of those guys might want to cash in on their playoff success for a bigger paycheck….so no the lakers dont have enuff..

bt102bt102
    bt102
    Participant

Because those assets are on the Lakers, they are overrated. I think Kuzma, Green and a first can maybe get you Bogdan Bogdanovic and like Bjelica. Besides, why would the Bulls do that. Kuzma isn’t better than Thaddeus Young or Markannen, so he wouldn’t even be in the rotation.

1+
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

Lavine would be better for the Lakers than Hield, but I still don’t do that trade if I am the Lakers. I am only trading a package of Kuzma, Green, and a 1st for a proven 3rd star. I do think the Lakers would be wise to shop Kuzma by himself though because he is going to want more money than the Lakers will likely want to offer him and he is on his last year of his rookie deal. Flip him for a 1st rounder if you really like someone in this years draft or for a young player in the league you like that has a few more years on their rookie deal so you have another cost friendly player for a few years.

1+
    Hitster
    Participant

I think the Lakers will wait to see what happens come draft day and FA market. They will want to get AD tied down long term and will want some flexability for 2021 FA market. LBJ has a player option for 2021/22 which he may look to renogiate if they could land another big star next summer.

The team is older but they can always add good FA veterans and guys chasing a ring so the roster can be refreshed that way.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login