This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar lautreamont 3 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    bt102bt102
    bt102
    Participant

3 First and 2 Pick swaps. Giannis is looking to sign the super max (via Stien) not confirmed but HOLY CRAP. Bledsoe and Hill going to New Orleans.

And people are gonna forget for RoCo to Portland for Ariza, 16 and a 2021 first but, but that Jrue trade is MASSIVE!

sniper
    Participant

wow I don’t like this trade for the Bucks at all. Holiday might be a small upgrade over Bledsoe, but they are very similar players and Holiday is only a better 3-point shooter by a very small margin. But the Bucks also give up the best 3-point shooter in the league last season in Hill. So the Bucks are now actually a worse-shooting team than they were last season., and they have no backup PG. Plus they likely gave up all the first rounders they will ever have during Giannis’ career in Milwaukee. Maybe they have more deals in the pipeline … but this trade doesn’t make sense.

bt102bt102
    bt102
    Participant

Bogdan Bogdanovic to Milwaukee for DiVincenzo, Wilson and Ilyasova. They are trying to be the Lakers and have no bench

sniper
      Participant

This is actually a trade that is happening? Remind me, which one is Bogdan?

Zouldiers
    Participant

What´s their bench going to look like? They only have Justin James and Thanasis Antetokounmpo at the moment.

nbarelli
    Participant

I like the moves. Still got Pat Connaughton and Sterling Brown on the bench I think and will no doubt add vets. Did this year’s first round pick go in the deal?

high floor
    Participant

I’d give this deal a C for the Bucks and an A for the Pelicans.

What helps Milwaukee is that picks will likely fall outside the top 25 for Bucks if Giannis resigns & stays healthy. Just seems like they offered 2 assets too much (i.e George Hill + extra pick). Holiday is a very good player, but he’s not worth this much. IMO.

For Pelicans, Bledsoe gives you 85% of what Holiday gave you. 2-way player with decent scoring ability and playmaking. George Hill gives this team extra shooting as one of the best 3pt shooters in the league. This is an absolute mountain of picks for the Pelicans, but if the Lakers & Milwaukee are good they will likely just turn into role players or bench players.

1+
    bt102bt102
    bt102
    Participant

Yes this years first went in the deal. I love it for both sides. It’s really looking like it will convince Giannis to stay and at that point I think they believe its worth it.

lautreamont
    Participant

Best of luck to Milwaukee, making this move to entice Giannis to stay.
    It’s a better haul for New Orleans than I had dreamed of. I thought a couple picks would be involved, but I thought the players they’d get in return would be fillers, rotational players but not game changers. Getting George Hill was a real coup for them. I was hoping New Orleans would address shooting via the draft, but now they can afford to swing for the fences. If they don’t have Hill in their plans, a midseason trade to a contender can bring in more draft capital. I’m not sure what the market will be for Bledsoe, but he can also help out the Pelicans in the shorter term.

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login