This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by NorrinRaddNorrinRadd NorrinRadd 3 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Three possible MVP candidates this season (among a group of others as well) are European born, not to mention the frontrunner for Defensive Player of the Year and some other All-Star candidates. Viseland thought it would be an interesting exercise to rank the top 10 European players in the league, not to mention rank where we would have Antetokounmpo, Doncic and Jokic right now. Certainly some controversy and some honorable mentions that were tough to keep off. Think we show just have major European players are in the make up of some of the best NBA teams today.

https://youtu.be/WjDfl-B4vOA

Who would you say is the best current European player in the NBA? Who is the best moving forward, or say five years down the line? Giannis, Luka and Nikola are all so young, think they all are certainly top 10 players right now, if not moving the number even slightly higher. Eurobasket, if every country is at full strength, would be lit right now.

Appreciate anyone who likes, subscribes, comments or shares. Anyone you feel should have made the top 10? We based it for the most part on this season, with past play of course accounting for something as well. Really excited to see how some of the current European prospects develop in the NBA, not to mention having someone as intriguing as Victor Wembanyama set to be a top draft pick in the next few years.

1+
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

If I am building a team starting today give me Luka.

1+
    Scrooge McDuck
    Participant

1. Doncic 2 Giannis 3. Embiid 4. Jokic
    I think about this question a lot. And I was wondering how 4 of the best players right now are international. Whereas such a thing was unheard of 10-20 years ago.

I can explain why all this is true, and am not very interested in others opinions

sniper
    Participant

Go ahead and give me a lot of crap for this: Luka is overrated.

I’m not saying he’s not a great player, and I’m sure he’ll get a lot better. But in terms of leading a team to wins he’s not there with Joker, Giannis and Gobert.

He’s a good, not great, shooter (48/34/80) and it sure looks like he shoots the Mavs out of games sometimes. He’s 3rd or 4th in the league in turnovers. He’s not the worst defender, but he’s not very good. Although his game is totally different, in terms of impact he reminds me of Westbrook in the post-Durant OKC years. Incredible counting stats, but the efficiency and the decision-making isn’t there. And Westbrook is a much better defender.

Luka is still just 21 and really seems to care, so I think he will improve in all these areas. But right now I would rate Joker, Giannis and Gobert ahead of him — and if I were building a team to win right now, today, I might even prefer Sabonis.

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

For this year, your top 3 are spot on imo. Like the list of players that you put on there too.

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login