This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by bt102bt102 bt102 3 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    OhCanada-
    Participant

I’m just gonna throw this out there. I’m not drafting Lamelo Ball. Theres no way. His brand of basketball is inefficient, doesn’t have a good basketball sense and just to be plain and simple he isn’t very bright. I think he tries to act cool or is worried about how he looks and sounds. Best case scenerio he will be an empty stats guy but I don’t see any team winning led by Lamelo Ball.

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

oh canada ,i get your rant about ball…but whats the deal with hayes & haliburton why did u included them?

2+
      OhCanada-
      Participant

Made a long thread short Rudeboy. Deleted half the thread too lazy to repost it. Rather go with Hayes and Haliburton…who would you rather have Russell Westbrook or Kyle Lowry/Chris Paul, something along those lines… too busy/lazy to type out a essay for yall right now.

1+
    BallerScript
    Participant

Actually, at the moment, I’d rather have Theo Maledon over all three of those guys.

2+
      RUDEBOY-
      Participant

hahahaha!!
      i feel ya!!

1+
      Mopgrass
      Participant

I’m not wild about Hayes jumper from 3. Looks ok in mid-range, but it’s from his chest at 3. Halliburton is pretty flat footed from 3. Maledon looks pretty good from 3. That’s a big advantage, but it’s the only one I see. Hayes passes just as well, has better handles, and create offense.

Maledon can’t create much. That’s a huge problem. Today’s PG sparks the offense. He’d have to be a be a 2nd unit guy. Maybe he can be in the 1st unit if he gets Harden, LeBron, or Giannis on his team and just hit 3’s and dish. He doesn’t have a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd step. He has success driving because of his length, but he’ll need more.

I’m hesitant about Ball too. But dude makes things happen. He is Lonzo, but less frightened of taking a shot. His shot is more straight forward and less across the body. And those two things would make Lonzo Ball a very good player. He hits free throws today, unlike Lonzo, who never hit them. I’d take him 4th or 5th overall, but he might be better than that.

I also think this is a bad year for PG’s and most are ranked too high.

bt102bt102
      bt102
      Participant

I have actually agreed with you on most of your statements BallerScript, but that Maledon take nearly made me fall off my seat. I get the concerns with LaMelo and I think at heart he’s a good guy but I think he’s trying to get attention too much. I’m still taking him at the top of the draft because I don’t see that much more upside from anyone. But he’s the type of guy the Knicks will probably take the bait on.

I think Hayes is a top 3 talent in the draft and he is going to probably fall because teams don’t see with him which I think is ludicrous. I think Charlotte should take him at 3, They WONT, but that’s what I would do. Haliburton has a high floor but not exactly a high ceiling so it makes sense there.

Hitster
    Participant

With it being quite a PG heavy draft again a lot of the teams will look to get virtually all the PG prospects in and see how they look in comparison. A lot of teams have also drafted PG’s over last few years so may not have a need to take another. With Lamelo he seems as if he needs to have the ball in his hands so the potential of his size being useful off ball may not be as great as we potentially think.
    However with teams playing 3 guard line ups and having a lot of shooters he could interest a number of teams with his size. I think GSW take a long look at him and the other PGs too although if they do draft Wiseman seems a logical chice, But with the Splash Brothers coming off injuries having a young backcourt guy around them would help reduce their minutes and give them greater longevity. Apart from the PGs we also have Edwards at the top of the draft which will fill one team’s backcourt needs.
    The big plus in Lamelo’s game is his good basketball IQ for his age. With the right situation this could really be honed.

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login