This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Stat and 1 1 day ago.

• Author
    Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

Currently sitting at 5-2 with a top 3 net rating in the nba despite playing a tough schedule to start the season. Aside from Monty Williams as coach, veterans ricky Rubio and Aron baynes have really helped changed the culture of this team. Booker has always been a all-star talent capable of putting up numbers, but those numbers are actually translating to team success this season. Kelly oubre has really developed and even frank the tank is making positive contributions. This has to be one of, if not the biggest surprises in the league so far.
    With that being said it’s still really early and we’ve seen lottery teams get off to uncharacteristically hot starts before. Although developing ayton is unquestionably a major priority for this franchise, his absence might actually be benefitting them right now, particularly on the defensive end of the floor. My question is can the suns keep this up throughout the season? Is this a playoff team in the west?

1+
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

Real? as is will be a team contending for the playoffs? I think so. Not better than that tho 35-40 wins

employee84
    employee84
    Participant

Amazing what a quality coach and smart PG can do for a team.

2+
    Robb_C
    Robb_C
    Participant

Easy Money 💴

KIP Baller
    Participant

All signs are pointing to them being for real. The only players that are still on the roster from the start of last years season opener are Booker, Ayton, Bridges, and Okobo. James Jones has completely overhauled this roster and drastically improved with the hiring of Monty Williams. They are 10+ deep with quality NBA players for the first time in years (and finally a point guard). I don’t see any reason why this team can play .500+ ball for the season and compete for a lower playoff seed. Ayton coming back will be the big wild card. This team is on the rise and Booker is a killer.

OhCanada-
    Participant

I think theyre for real. But so is pretty much every team out West injuries aside…I still cant tell who’s gonna make it out of the West, its nearly impossible to predict. As well as they have played with wins against some of the best teams in the league they are still only 5 and 2. Thats it. They got a long way to go to make the playoffs and I dont think missing the playoffs out West can necessarily mean your season should be viewed as a failure for some teams.

2+
    Zouldiers
    Participant

They for real alright. My Heat experienced it first hand. However, that bench needs a shot creator as at times they get blow out by double-digits whenever Rubio and Booker sits.

1+
      Stat and 1
      Participant

@R377
      Yes booker is happy with Baynes’s screens(and his 48% from deep, lol), a PG, pass first PG, a PF at the 4, a hierarchy, some principles.
      As a result he’s shooting 55% FG 53+% from 3, 93% FT for the season.
      Oh and he’s a +94 in 9 games.
      Just turned 23 in his 5th season.

1+
    r377
    r377
    Participant

Rubio and Baynes great pickups. Phoenix have a young team, so to get 2 good vets with both nba and fiba experience is a plus. Baynes sets some wide screens so booker should be happy.
    They looked a bit lost when Rubio came off the floor, less passing and more iso stuff wasn’t good. Hope rubio can play 75+ games this year for them.

2+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login