This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by doodleMachine doodleMachine 4 days, 17 hours ago.

• Author
    joe2324gj
    Participant

I can’t tell if Fizdale is a lousy coach or if this team is just really that bad. Sloppy play, poor shooting, poor defense and no ball movement is all I see every game. At least when we had KP, you could say, “ok, there is our guy for the future.” Now, I don’t see anyone here with any potential. I”m starting to feel like its not so much Fizdale, but this entire team is garbage

Zouldiers
    Participant

That roster is poorly constructed. How is Fiz going to give playing time to 7 power forwards?

1+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Fizdales gonna get fired. Theres just waiting for a good time to do it. Maybe he gets ejected from a game, or calls out a bunch of players in the media, or just gets frustrated and says something dumb. He was always bound to get fired when they struck out in free agency.

I watched them play Toronto recently and have been watching them tonight as well because the Raptors game was literally unbearable. They only seem capable of putting together one good quarter of basketball. They had a nice lead against Philly and the 76ers just brushed that off in the 2nd half…childs play. Toronto did the same thing to them. Its like they werent even there it was no competition.

They really gotta trade everyone except the rookies/sophomores and rebuild with Barrett and Robinson. They have some decent vets that could net them an alright return.

1+
    Bgoody
    Participant

Yea their Front Office is atrocious. They make decisions so bad that it seems like they want to be intentionally bad. Why continue to sign players who aren’t good enough to make you a playoff team (in the east at that). They need to hire Sam Hinkie lol

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

A combination of both. Fitzdale is well liked around the league. But is better suited for an assistant role.

kazam
    Participant

I’m not a big fizdale guy- the fact he couldnt find common ground with Gasol and Conley was an indicator maybe he isn’t fit for a HC role.

His team is bad but he isn’t particularly innovative or creative with what they try and do.

doodleMachine
    doodleMachine
    Participant

The team is poorly constructed. They might have panicked and get the best player available in the free agency when Durant and Irving went the other way.

He achieved though a 43-39 on a Memphis team that featured Gasol/Randolph/Conley/Allen. The knicks right now need a developmental coach that could speed up the growth of Barrett/Knox/Robinson. He is been doing well with Barrett but with Knox and Robinson are playing less minutes.

Good Signing
    Julius Randle – Although I’m expecting more from him, his 3 FG% is down to 27% from 34% and his his attempts also decreased. I was expecting him jump on all of his statistics going to a knicks team that is lacking on Good Players. Although he is a Good Compliment with RJ Barrett.
    Marcus Morris – The spurs wanted him for a purpose. He is a system player with a great knack in defense and improved 3. He is shooting now with 52% accuracy taking up 5 shots a game. He will be a great player to have when you have a young franchise player in RJ Barrett.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login