This topic contains 58 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar barbabodom 8 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    rileymcshea3
    Participant

“And with the 19th pick of the 2015 NBA draft, the Washington Wizards select, Kevin Looney”

The Raptors are now on the clock.

Draft order so far
    1.Timberwolves: Karl-Anthony Towns
    2.Lakers: Jahlil Okafor
    3.76ers: D’Angelo Russell
    4.Knicks: Emmanuel Mudiay
    5.Magic: Kristaps Porzingis
    6.Kings: Willie Cauley-Stein
    7.Nuggets: Justise Winslow
    8.Pistons: Mario Hezonja
    9.Hornets: Devin Booker
    10.Heat: Stanley Johnson
    11.Pacers: Cameron Payne
    12.Jazz: Myles Turner
    13.Suns: Frank Kaminsky
    14.Thunder: Sam Dekker
    15.Hawks: Kelly Oubre
    16.Celtics: Bobby Portis
    17.Bucks: Trey Lyles
    18.Rockets: Jerian Grant
    19.Wizards: Kevin Looney

Here are the results of the pick:
    Kevin Looney-15
    Montezle Harrell-6
    Justin Anderson-4
    Delon Wright-1
    Aaron Harrison-1

With the draft being only 3 days I’ll need to find some way to finish the draft in the limited amount of time left. We’ll do one more pick tomorrow, then Wednesday we’ll finish the first round of the community mock draft. If any one has ideas for finishing like the last 9 picks, I’ll gladly listen to them.
    Might just have everyone on Wednesday fill out their last 9 picks in one Forum Topic.

SantaTheClause
    Participant

Tyus Mother******* Jones

SantaTheClause
    Participant

Tyus Mother******* Jones

Skeating12345
    Participant

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

Skeating12345
    Participant

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

llperez

I’m gonna go with rondae Hollis Jefferson. He really is a special defender and guarded all 5 positions. He by no means shut down kaminsky in the tourney but he did a better job then tarczewski did.

llperez

I’m gonna go with rondae Hollis Jefferson. He really is a special defender and guarded all 5 positions. He by no means shut down kaminsky in the tourney but he did a better job then tarczewski did.

Pacersfan22
    Participant

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

Pacersfan22
    Participant

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

christian wood

kerrst
      Participant

Need rebounding and energy at the 4 spot

kerrst
      Participant

Need rebounding and energy at the 4 spot

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

christian wood

kobyz
    Participant

Justin Anderson – perfect match!

kobyz
    Participant

Justin Anderson – perfect match!

B-ball fan
    Participant

Tyus Jones.

B-ball fan
    Participant

Tyus Jones.

Choppy
    Participant

I’m going with Jarrell Martin as I’ve heard he has a promise from Toronto at 20. Not sure if it’s true or not, but going that way anyhow.

Choppy
    Participant

I’m going with Jarrell Martin as I’ve heard he has a promise from Toronto at 20. Not sure if it’s true or not, but going that way anyhow.

Trilla
    Participant

Lou Williams hitting free agency, dude has potential to come off the bench and fill it up

Trilla
    Participant

Lou Williams hitting free agency, dude has potential to come off the bench and fill it up

BleedGreen808
    Participant

He’s undersized but he hustles and can rebound.  I think he’s a good fit here for Toronto. 

BleedGreen808
    Participant

He’s undersized but he hustles and can rebound.  I think he’s a good fit here for Toronto. 

SurefireWinners
    Participant

Bookit!

SurefireWinners
    Participant

Bookit!

zcnumerouno
    Participant

RHJ

zcnumerouno
    Participant

RHJ

Bed Head
    Participant

The problem with doing the last nine all at once, rileymcshea3, is that even attempting to sort through/count all those votes would pretty much guarantee you a massive migraine.

Would there be a way to divide the final day into 3 separate threads (of 3 votes each)? (Though I’m not even sure that would make it any easier on you, actually.) Maybe some other forum members could volunteer to help out?

Bed Head
    Participant

The problem with doing the last nine all at once, rileymcshea3, is that even attempting to sort through/count all those votes would pretty much guarantee you a massive migraine.

Would there be a way to divide the final day into 3 separate threads (of 3 votes each)? (Though I’m not even sure that would make it any easier on you, actually.) Maybe some other forum members could volunteer to help out?

piratejp
    Participant

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson for the Raptors. He fills a clear need for them – they’ll love him!

Loving this by the way – thanks for doing it! Maybe speed up clock and do 3/4 a day until it’s done. With draft approaching, people will probably be checking in more and you’ll get enough votes to be representative in a shorter period of time. Good luck!  🙂

piratejp
    Participant

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson for the Raptors. He fills a clear need for them – they’ll love him!

Loving this by the way – thanks for doing it! Maybe speed up clock and do 3/4 a day until it’s done. With draft approaching, people will probably be checking in more and you’ll get enough votes to be representative in a shorter period of time. Good luck!  🙂

cryan03
    Participant

Lou Williams is a FA this offseason so they will need to replace the shooting/scoring off the bench..something Vaughn can provide – and he has a high upside.  

cryan03
    Participant

Lou Williams is a FA this offseason so they will need to replace the shooting/scoring off the bench..something Vaughn can provide – and he has a high upside.  

ExumInferno
    Participant

Guillermo Hernangomez

The GM there likes getting attention with surprise picks, so that works here. They need more size, and he can backup Jonas V and maybe play next to him as well.

This mock draft process has been run very well, compared to many others around the internet in other years.  To finish before the real picks, maybe just shorten the time so a few hours for each pick could get it done.

I went with the big Spanish center as A Johnson, Hayes, Psycho T are free agents so size is important there.  Nearly went with RJ Hunter, but I think T Ross can play so even if L Williams goes they have him and Vazquez and some DeRozen there.  Considered a small forward but again they have DeRozen, plus they seem to like J Johnson.

ExumInferno
    Participant

Guillermo Hernangomez

The GM there likes getting attention with surprise picks, so that works here. They need more size, and he can backup Jonas V and maybe play next to him as well.

This mock draft process has been run very well, compared to many others around the internet in other years.  To finish before the real picks, maybe just shorten the time so a few hours for each pick could get it done.

I went with the big Spanish center as A Johnson, Hayes, Psycho T are free agents so size is important there.  Nearly went with RJ Hunter, but I think T Ross can play so even if L Williams goes they have him and Vazquez and some DeRozen there.  Considered a small forward but again they have DeRozen, plus they seem to like J Johnson.

Lotto Stud
      Participant

Cannot agree anymore! Toronto lacks the size downlow despite having serviceable 4-spot play out of Amir Johnson, Tyler Hansbrough and Patrick Patterson which left Jonas Valanciunas out to dry.

Lotto Stud
      Participant

Cannot agree anymore! Toronto lacks the size downlow despite having serviceable 4-spot play out of Amir Johnson, Tyler Hansbrough and Patrick Patterson which left Jonas Valanciunas out to dry.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Guillermo Hernangomez (2)

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Guillermo Hernangomez (2)

canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

Rondae-Hollis-Jefferson for much needed defense… other bigger needs can adressed in freeagency. 

canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

Rondae-Hollis-Jefferson for much needed defense… other bigger needs can adressed in freeagency. 

Memphis Madness
    Participant

Tyus Jones

Memphis Madness
    Participant

Tyus Jones

mcgee555
    Participant

Guillermo Hernangomez

mcgee555
    Participant

Guillermo Hernangomez

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

This is definitely getting harder. They need an upgrade at pf and rim protector. Harrell is a possibility although I don’t like his long-term potential as much as some other guys. Chris McCullough could theoretically be a good fit if not for the injury. 

I’m not sure how committed they are to Terrance Ross as their long-term solution at SF. Even if they are, I still think Anderson could be a useful player for them.

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

This is definitely getting harder. They need an upgrade at pf and rim protector. Harrell is a possibility although I don’t like his long-term potential as much as some other guys. Chris McCullough could theoretically be a good fit if not for the injury. 

I’m not sure how committed they are to Terrance Ross as their long-term solution at SF. Even if they are, I still think Anderson could be a useful player for them.

ZachAttack
    Participant

Montrezl Harrell. I just feel like he is the perfect pick for the Raptors.

ZachAttack
    Participant

Montrezl Harrell. I just feel like he is the perfect pick for the Raptors.

Dgtool2
    Participant

Jones. Have people submit their 21-25 predictions Tuesday and 26-30 on Wednesday. 

Dgtool2
    Participant

Jones. Have people submit their 21-25 predictions Tuesday and 26-30 on Wednesday. 

dmo21
    Participant

Raptors need help on the wing, a backup point guard and some size. I don’t think Tyus Jones will be any good, plus I like Vasquez. Montrezzl can’t shoot, so why get another Hansborough. RHJ is like JJ. They both can’t spread the floor, so they won’t get playing time. I like Anderson here as a 3 and D guy who actually did something in college (unlike Ross who has been subpar). In reality I think Toronto will go with Martin or McCullough as a surprise upside pick, but if it were me I’d go Anderson.

dmo21
    Participant

Raptors need help on the wing, a backup point guard and some size. I don’t think Tyus Jones will be any good, plus I like Vasquez. Montrezzl can’t shoot, so why get another Hansborough. RHJ is like JJ. They both can’t spread the floor, so they won’t get playing time. I like Anderson here as a 3 and D guy who actually did something in college (unlike Ross who has been subpar). In reality I think Toronto will go with Martin or McCullough as a surprise upside pick, but if it were me I’d go Anderson.

morestealsthanscores
    Participant

Montezl Harrell

In terms of what to do – just burn through them all as quick as possible, with either a 3 hour window, or only accepting the first 5, 8 or 10 votes. That will mean a bit more randomness, as not everyone will get to vote on every pick, but that’s not a bad thing given how random this part of the draft is anyway!

morestealsthanscores
    Participant

Montezl Harrell

In terms of what to do – just burn through them all as quick as possible, with either a 3 hour window, or only accepting the first 5, 8 or 10 votes. That will mean a bit more randomness, as not everyone will get to vote on every pick, but that’s not a bad thing given how random this part of the draft is anyway!

jpitkin
    Participant

BPA 

jpitkin
    Participant

BPA 

barbabodom
    Participant

Christian Wood

barbabodom
    Participant

Christian Wood