This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar BlueRivers25 4 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    Mr. Jewboy
    Participant

Forgive me if there is already a topic about this, if there indeed is one then I couldnt find it. Well obviously we saw that the big stars arent in this year, for a few different reasons (lots of contenders, lots of new big contracts, the date being too close to the season, not olympics ect..)
    Anyway there are a lot of good players, most of them pretty young, with very few locks in my eyes. Which 3 will get cut from the current 15 man squad? Or maybe more if players from the Select Team keep doing so well.
    I have

PG- Kemba (biggest lock)

SG- Mitchell (could end up the best one here and maybe start of superstardom)

SF-Middleton (coming off all-star season, will defend and knock down threes)

PF- Jayson Tatum ( he is long enough, definietly in international play)

C – Myles Turner – great defender and is a good shooter for a big

Bench –
    Guards :
    Dearon Fox -who I think will be very good, could be a coming out party for him
    Kyle Lowry- a winner, leader, coming off championship
    Jaylen Brown

Forwards:
    Kyle Kuzma
    Harrison Barnes
    PJ Tucker- very versatile, very experienced, played ball overseas..
    Center:
    Brook Lopez- I wouldnt take him, but he is coming off a good season and one of the older players.

I wish more players from the Select would make it, players like Trae Young, Derrick White, John Collins.

BlueRivers25
    Participant

Gotta have Joe Harris, token white guy on the team. 

SwatLakeCity
    Participant

De’Aaron Fox used to be on the select team and has been promoted to the National team. It’s very possible that more will be promoted too. World Cup is usually determined by guard play so I wouldn’t be surprised to see Trae Young get promoted as well! Don’t know about Derrick White or John Collins though.

Im especially happy to see Donovan Mitchell be a near lock to start. He is taking the advice from Popovich really well and really improving his play. Should definitely help out for next year and be more relaxed with more scoring help from Conley and Bojan, that he’ll be to take that launch into All-Star mode and maybe even super stardom!!! Just the chance he needed.

dmo21
    Participant

From the final grouping (not using players from the select team), I would go with this as my final 12:

PG: Walker, Lowry, Fox

SG: Mitchell, Harris

SF: Middleton, Tatum, Barnes

PF: Kuzma, Bagley

C: Turner, Lopez

I really like Harris as a shooter, like when they had Redd. Don’t need a lot of big men as everyone can usually play down a position in international play.

BlueRivers25
      Participant

Money Bags out. I think Plumlee is in. Always good to carry 3 bigs incase of injury. I’m also not sold Lopez is a good fit for this team, he plays slow. 

The Goat
    Participant

Why y’all talking about a team that won’t even medal lol

bigfungotitdone5times
    Participant

tell me i just didnt read someone say team usa wont medal tell me he just didnt say that in full booker t voice 

OhCanada-
      Participant

WHAT?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login