This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising canadabasketballisrising 3 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

First Team
    G Ja Morant
    G Kendrick Nunn
    F Zion Williamson
    F Brandon Clarke
    F PJ Washington

Morant was a no-brainer. So was Nunn for that matter, who essentially came out of nowhere. Even though Williamson only played in 19 games, his impact was so great in that limited time that I couldn’t leave him off. Clarke was incredibly efficient and productive from day one. That last spot was basically a toss up between Herro, Paschall and Washington for me. I went with Washington, who I felt was more consistent from start to finish than Herro and contributed more on defense than Paschall, but I really could have made a convincing argument for all either of the other 2.

2nd Team
    G Tyler Herro
    G Coby White
    F RJ Barrett
    F Eric Paschall
    F Rui Hachimura

Since I considered both Paschall and Herro for first team, they were locks for second team. Both Barrett and White put up pretty impressive rookie stats for bad teams, but were both inefficient and inconsistent throughout the year. I could see making a case for players like Michael Porter Jr. or Matisse Thybulle over them, who were much more efficient in smaller roles. However, since rookies are generally given more leeway and graded on a curve (especially when they are in situations where they are given more responsibility) I gave them the benefit of the doubt here. Hachimura was hurt by the fact that he only played 41 games, but was impressive enough in the games he did play to get the last spot. Darius Garland, and DeAndre Hunter had their moments and showed some promise but just weren’t consistent enough overall, and guys like Terence Davis, Thybulle and Porter Jr. just didn’t have big enough roles.

canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

I cant possibly see how you could have Washington o ver Barrett? I get people dont watch the knicks, so FYI-
    Barrett routinely guarded the other teams best player 1-3.
    Barrett, developing on one of the worst and most toxic franchises put up better numbers than washington, outsude of boards and shooting numbers despite having the worst starting pg in the nba opposed to graham and rozier.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login